💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez accused of rape

Stef

Featured Posts

blackthorns
7 hours ago, LM said:

No, people defend Melanie because she wasn't found guilty. Gaga didn't even say who raped her and didn't want to make a public mess out of it because she knew the person who did it to her wouldn't be punished and people would just doubt her story.

People should try to make Timothy feel better and positive but I don't agree with the hunt on Melanie, presumption of innocence exists. 

I said what would you do if Gaga was ACCUSED of raping someone. I can just make a random account on twitter, say that I was on her concert, she invited me backstage and assaulted me. Is it really that easy to destroy someone's career/life? 

As for the pic. I know it sucks that there is often not enough evidence against the rapist but it wouldn't be right if everyone who was accused of that crime would be automatically found guilty...It'd just be a witch-hunt 2.0.

ok cool, even if gaga was accused, I still wouldn't be able to look at her the same way again. not that this is relevant, because gaga isn't melanie martinez.

except it is right- if the court system doesn't provide justice, isn't always up to the people?

Besides that, isn't it our job as a society to show compassion to victims? Especially victims of crimes that never receive justice? even if you DON'T want to villainize melanie, you shouldn't post things doubting the legitimacy of her story (this comment isn't directed at you so much as just other people on this thread). I myself, as I have said multiple times in this thread, have an abuser out there who never faced justice- the idea that people are innocent until proven guilty by law is flawed. Whether you believe it or not, you shouldn't say it-because it tells people like me (which I guarantee there are others reading this thread) that you think we're lying. Or that, if you don't think we're lying, you at least believe that we don't deserve to give the only justice we can, since the legal system has failed us.

EDIT: Another (ex) friend of Melanie came forward and also "accused" Melanie of being pushy about wanting sex-

so although its not another case of rape, it does point to a trend of Melanie being...... manipulative to say in the least.

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

TIL stans have a very similar reaction to accusations of sexual assault as republicans. Interesting.

Purr more, hiss less.

12 hours ago, blackthorns said:

ok cool, even if gaga was accused, I still wouldn't be able to look at her the same way again. not that this is relevant, because gaga isn't melanie martinez.

except it is right- if the court system doesn't provide justice, isn't always up to the people?

Besides that, isn't it our job as a society to show compassion to victims? Especially victims of crimes that never receive justice? even if you DON'T want to villainize melanie, you shouldn't post things doubting the legitimacy of her story (this comment isn't directed at you so much as just other people on this thread). I myself, as I have said multiple times in this thread, have an abuser out there who never faced justice- the idea that people are innocent until proven guilty by law is flawed. Whether you believe it or not, you shouldn't say it-because it tells people like me (which I guarantee there are others reading this thread) that you think we're lying. Or that, if you don't think we're lying, you at least believe that we don't deserve to give the only justice we can, since the legal system has failed us.

EDIT: Another (ex) friend of Melanie came forward and also "accused" Melanie of being pushy about wanting sex-

so although its not another case of rape, it does point to a trend of Melanie being...... manipulative to say in the least.

I know. That's why I think the victims should always be taken seriously and nobody should doubt their story. On the other hand, I don't think people have the right to judge someone until they have facts in their hands.

Officially unstannedT! Rapist P*TA! :grr:

Imma switch ha for Billie.

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

Homewrecker
On 12/5/2017 at 11:07 PM, blackthorns said:

Using myself as an example: I am nervous giggler, to the extreme. Granted I often have inappropriate emotional responses, but who's to say Timothy doesn't also have that issue? Back to the point-when I'm nervous, I giggle a lot. When my ex started trying to "make a move" I'd giggle and crack up and say no and gently push him away. To a lot of people, that might not seem like a genuine no, but it should be treated as one regardless. Continuing on using myself as an example, I never once fought him or struggled against him because 1) I knew I wouldn't win, and fighting would have caused him to lose his temper, and hit/beat/kill me as he sometimes threatened to do, so fighting back wasn't even remotely safe or a logical thing to do. 2) I was paralyzed in fear. 3) I didn't want to fight him-I just wanted him to listen to me - at the time I loved him immensely (and I still kind of do), and was completely emotionally dependant on him- I didn't want to upset him, I just wanted it to be over with. It happened to me multiple times because of this-I kept going back to him because I was completely dependant on him for my happiness, and I thought this time he might listen to me and we could just hang out. Abusive relationships of any kind with a power difference/level of dependency are hard to navigate because if you haven't been in one, it sounds completely illogical, but to me, Timothy makes complete sense.

what do you want from timothy? a rape kit with sperm evidence? like cmon man.

yeah cool that's literally not how rape works. Using myself as an example: I was paralyzed in fear and couldn't move at all, much less call out for help (there were other people in the house). Not to mention I just wanted it to be over with, rather than cause an issue or a physical fight that I knew I would lose. It A) wasn't safe for me to call out to help, and B) wouldn't have gotten me anywhere because I couldn't fight him or prove that anything happened by the time someone got there.

also "she could have stopped"??? how??? you make it sound like she was having consensual sex (which you legally cannot have if you're drunk or high anyways!!)

--------------

anyways I hope melanie faces some level of consequence whether it be legal or just loss of fame. my heart goes out to timothy and any other victims/survivors of sexual assault reading this thread and feeling as if people don't care about victims. I love each and every one of you, keep being strong. 

to everyone else saying "innocent until proven guilty"-

"Every time you go “Im not saying its fake and Im not defending insertnamehereoceleb but what if its fake.”, you are silencing victims and making them scared to come forward. Every time you go “Innocent until proven guilty” and “wait for evidence because people lie” you are silencing victims and making them scared to come forward. Every time you go “people lie.”and then proceed to make up reasons as to why the victim could be lying (like for attention or because they are lesser known), you are silencing victims and making them scared to come forward. " (source

It'd be nice if she had a story that added up lol.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I NEVER ever liked her and always got this really weird vibe from her. she always seemed freakish and cheap to me for some reason. 

b*, my intuition never fails. bye, felicia.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Cassidyfal

Ya'll, she lost so many contracts fans and love. She learned much further than just a lesson. Right now shes at a high breaking point and we all want her to stay and settle in the future. If she made this mistake, you just need to FORGIVE her. She needs a second chance, she tot herself and so many people a lesson. The best we can do is to forgive #wwjd 

Illuminati
On 12/7/2017 at 5:15 AM, babs said:

Oh man, thank god Gaga came forward before #MeToo. There's always people saying accusers lie, but the way y'all are behaving :awkney:

In MY opinion, there is missing important info and idk from which side it is, but I'm not gonna come for the person accusing because of it, because what I think in a deeper level doesn't matter a d.amn here. This is a very delicate issue and we should stick up for people coming forward about something that takes so much gut to do. 

Of course but that's a life/career ruining accusation so the whole "what she has to say in defense doesn't matter" thing doesn't make sense to me. 

15 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Of course but that's a life/career ruining accusation so the whole "what she has to say in defense doesn't matter" thing doesn't make sense to me. 

The way to go is to listen to both sides and be understanding of both, and we can make our judgement based on what sounds the most believable. Situations like these though, are way too defuse and perhaps shouldn't be blown up if none of the sides seem to be clear enough on what's going on, sadly people are too passionate.

We don't know if Melanie is still cooking something to damage control her reputation though.

Archived