They said ARTPOP was Gagas make it or break it Album

Said same of Joanne

Now LG6?

So What Is The Truth?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flawless

I really want a hit era for a stadium tour. Joanne wasn't so global. I kinda miss when she was a hot topic all around the globe.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

TimisaMonster

Gaga said that about ARTPOP being the beginning of her career and we all know how that turned out...

Overall she really does need to stop playing games and get back to pop music after almost 5 years!

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MaryJaneHolland
2 hours ago, Merman said:

Watch her change her name to Stefani and ditch Lady Gaga. :toofunny:

TBH, I kinda don't see paparazzi shots of her when she's leaving hotel or whatever. Back until the C2C era, she was everywhere. I mean, it's nice that she has her privacy, but how come we don't see her pics outside the hotel she's staying? I can't remember when I last time saw something like: "Lady Gaga spotted...", and it makes me kinda sad.

Maybe she uses the private exits :sweat:

RAMROD
4 hours ago, Merman said:

Watch her change her name to Stefani and ditch Lady Gaga. :toofunny:

TBH, I kinda don't see paparazzi shots of her when she's leaving hotel or whatever. Back until the C2C era, she was everywhere. I mean, it's nice that she has her privacy, but how come we don't see her pics outside the hotel she's staying? I can't remember when I last time saw something like: "Lady Gaga spotted...", and it makes me kinda sad.

1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Maybe she uses the private exits :sweat:

She was once wore raw meat, but these days she wore Invisibility Cloak invented by HAUS :giggle:

You'll never know if she was making horns over your head as she walks passed by you in the public space, all that you feel is just that air as if someone walks passed by :giggle:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

StarstruckIllusion

I agree, but I have no hope. She doesn't wanna do promo anymore. No major artist does, and it's annoying. Idk why Gaga isn't at Rihanna's Level of insta Smash, but she just isn't, and needs to work smarter. 

YourCureness
On 12/4/2017 at 10:31 PM, jaXXXon said:

I think Gaga's team might be looking at Beyonce and her marketing-genius team for what they did after the 4 era. There are some similarities between both 4 and Joanne and their respective Super Bowl performances right after. 

This is what Im thinking about. Her marketing game should level up if we really want her to elevate herself in the pop game. I dont even care about what music she puts out, Im sure they are going to be excellent. What I need her o do is identify what really is her brand? Beyonce, Adele, Taylor released songs and albums which are not trendy but they still sell a lot because they have created a branding and marketing strategy that really works.

Hausgroupie

I think there are two other factors to consider regarding her musical career.

The music industry has changed so much since she entered the game. I think her and her team kinda got left behind when streaming and radio changed. People consume music so much faster than they used to. So yea, those catchy radio hits are what's gonna read better with the GP than a well- thought out album. People want a fresh ear-worm to blast in the car for a few weeks and then they move on. I don't think that's where she sees herself necessarily anymore. Does she need one every so often? Maybe.  

I could be totally wrong with this one but I think given her personality, her drive, and her creativity- when a new album comes out, she seems to have already moved her focus on to the next project. I think the speed of that has only increased with every era. Maybe that's why its perceived by some fans that she no longer does any decent promo for her work anymore??  I dunno.

I would love for her to have a mega hit again, and I think she is more than capable but when she makes music nowadays I don't think that's her main goal at all. Her body of work speaks for itself and I think if she just continues to put out good, honest,  passionate music, her career will continue to be successful.  

Phoebe Buffay

I COMPLETELY agree with OP. And for every one that's saying that they don't want a mainstream pop album: Gaga has never made a mainstream pop album. Look at TF/TFM. The album is pure pop but everyone said that it changed the way pop music was treated in the late 2000's. Simply, Gaga made pop cool again. She can make pop cool again with LG6 and she'll be on top of the world again.

EDIT: Madonna did it with Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dance Floor and we all saw how that turned out.

ryanripley
On 04/12/2017 at 9:12 PM, badboymonsterx said:

Honestly, it's over folks. lol don't think that the next era will be anything near what she once had. PI was her chance to comeback and she missed the mark by 10000%. The GP is over it, and so is radio. Why do you think MR struggled to get played on the radio? After the PI mess, who wouldn't blame radio?

Hopefully it's a good next album but another major issue with gaga is timing. She takes way too long to release music. The cure was a good song but notice how little promo we had and now the song is fading.

are you serious? how can you say it's over?

The Cure is getting tonnes of radio play still with next to no promo and her tour is totally sold out so far

PI wasn't her only chance to "comeback" when she didn't even go anywhere and the GP love her more than ever :huh: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Jessica Germ
On 12/4/2017 at 10:17 AM, ApplauseftAdele said:

Ok here's the tea y'all : 
Currently Gaga is almost at the P!nk/Christina/Britney/Madonna level. People recognize her image and her talent and respect her, but when it comes to news and pop culture she's just not as relevant anymore, compared to the more mainstream artists like Beyonce, Bieber and Rihanna. I believe that after Born This Way she kind of polarized people like Katy did with Witness, but instead of coming back with a bop she took a hiatus. She came back 3 years later and EVERYONE was ready for a Gaga comeback, but she ended up releasing PI/Joanne instead. I believe this REALLY hurt her chances for a comeback - 3 years is a long time, and its honestly the most new music hype Gaga will ever get. If she pulls another 3 year hiatus then people will just straight up forget about her, the 3 year hiatus for Joanne people were super hyped for a hit, she could have milked the **** out of it. While it is hard to measure the impact of it, I strongly believe that when the GP saw Gaga's "huge comeback" end up being a stripped down album, it made them think "well the Poker Face gaga is gone, this new gaga is talented but also kinda boring." It helped her image as a songwriter/singer but TBH the songs on joanne make her seem really aged. Like she sounds/looks more mature on Joanne...but the GP loves sexy young artists like Telephone gaga, so it may have turned them away.

At this point I thought, OK so this is her image now. But then the Halftime show happened, and people were slayed (by her OLD songs, fashion, style...) once again, and for a week she ruled the internet and the news. But now, almost a year later, the GP has kinda forgotten about her again. So heres my opinion : now that the GP has seen Gaga in her mature phase and her pop-iconic phase (superbowl), she has one more chance to solidify her impact with them. Joanne could have made her fade away but the Superbowl gave her another chance to be relevant. 

LG6 needs to serve a highkey bop lead single with high fashion, high heels and sexiness. (and she can't look "old"... she has to remind people that shes only 30!!! Like there was a REACT Video where they guessed that she was like 45.... like if anything the GP needs to be reminded she is still young because GP loves their young artists.) Like her performances need to be on point, she needs to have something VMA 2009 level to not "shock" people but get them talking again. Make the GP think "YESS GAGA IS BACK! I haven't seen her in so long! I forgot that she had such catchy songs!" And the song HAS to go top 10. Like, she needs to have a hit just to remind everyone of who the **** she is. Because if she makes LG6 a stripped down album, (and yes, it might be what she wants to do, but the truth is...) then people will just subconsciously put her even farther back in their minds. "Oh Lady Gaga? Yeah she's toned it down now. She does **** with Tony Bennett now, i think shes retired from being a pop star." 

I am not saying that GAGA HAS TO BE #1!!! SHE HAS TO SERVE HITS... she can become a country artist for all I care ... but IF she wants to stay relevant and get MORE hits in the future, she has to make LG6 how I said above. Its literally her last chance.

Reveal hidden contents

Yall might come for me, but look at Beyonce and Rihanna. They are both Gaga's age, and have had longer careers, but are still super relevant. They stay relevant by delivering huge comeback hits that 1) meet up to the hype, and 2) get people talking.Think about if Beyonce released a stripped down album instead of Lemonade and pulled a Joanne, like literally stopped being beyonce and gave us a choreo-less video with no Beyonce-glam (basically Gaga with PI)... no matter how good the vocals are or how "stripped down" it is, the GP would be like .... ok Beyonce is retiring from being the "beyonce" we know.

EDIT : Ok to clear some thing up...

Yes, we said this about Joanne. It was her make or break album. And it almost honestly did break her, if not for the Superbowl. Think about where she would be if she didn't headline the superbowl... people would honestly be thinking she retired from pop and became a folk indie singer and lose interest, it was the SBHT show that showed them she was still here. She just needs to deliver with LG6. /s

:reductive: true

RochestrMonstr

This thread is hilarious. Gaga's career will go on with or without pop smashes. She hasn't had one in like six years, and she's literally doing just fine.  

VintageGlam

At this point I feel like Lady Gaga will always be a prominent figure in the music industry, hits or not. 

She it a talented musician to me, who is sometimes guided badly. I have always felt she is better at the piano with just her and her voice than being a pop star. I would love to see a whole tour with no click track, dancers or costume changes. Just her and the piano and a band. One where she can change it up every night and do whatever songs she feels like. To me her talent is so good that I don't need that other crap. 

VintageGlam

I should also add that I don't think you can compare her to Madonna, Christina etc. Madonna can't sing or play the piano but is great for other reasons. Christina is an example of someone who should have been a megastar/legend but had bad management. 

Pianosavant
On 12/5/2017 at 2:31 AM, Edge Of Venus said:

But hasn't she stated countless times that the extravagant Gaga is the real her? That the mother monster IS her? Now suddenly it was just an act and she had been hiding behind a mask the whole time?  Sorry I'm not buying that. IMO the Joanne persona IS more contrived then the original Gaga. It's just a tactic to win over the public again, and I have no problem with that. Which is why I said for the NEXT era she's free to unleash the real Gaga and wow us again. 

I absolutely agree with you. I wasn’t necessarily saying that there ever was a mask but that that was the point of Joanne, it was just another way to be polarizing, because Joanne really polarized the fan base instead of affecting the general public like a Gaga era does (even though Joanne has changed her public opinion drastically but besides that point). I consider it sooo much like Bowie. She’s done her versions of Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane (the wildly and dazzlingly artistic and theatrical), and now she’s in her Thin White Duke era (toned down, “cleaner” looks). I really think it was genius. As for LG6, I do think it will return to pop but I feel a more dark rock presence will take form. 

Archived