Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Will Decide The Rest of Gaga's Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Magneto

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't care about the charts (anymore). I really get where the OP is coming from, but sometimes people on GGD act like they're afraid of Gaga not being able to pay her bills or something :laughga:

No shade, but I'll worry about these kinds of things when she's  going Xtina. Trust me, gurls; she still sells out her tours and that's what brings in the $'s for her to keep on doing what she's doing. We still get new music and we still get performances. Wanna hear her on the radio? You know you can listen to music on demand, right?:bon:

Free my mind

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't want Gaga to age like Madonna (no offense), I want her to accept age and maturity much like Meryl Streep. She may not be a hit-maker anymore but at least, she's maturing and learning and not forcing to be young when she clearly is not.

acting like a 50 year old for 50 years? lmao

Personally, I would want for Gaga to release a smash hit that would reinforce her name and brand to the GP, but that doesn't mean she needs to do some pop electro music, she just needs to make right decisions and go to a path that is a win-win for her and for her commercial career. I mean, when she collaborated with Mark Ronson, I expected some Uptown Funk-like tune that will surely become a hit if it got released, but we got a country rock pop album instead. But, with that being said, I'm not bothered that much when she releases anything different from what she's known. I mean, if she gives what the people want all the time, she won't have anything to spare for later, and people will get bored fast. 

DatDavid1997
2 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Ok here's the tea y'all : 
Currently Gaga is almost at the P!nk/Christina/Britney/Madonna level. People recognize her image and her talent and respect her, but when it comes to news and pop culture she's just not as relevant anymore, compared to the more mainstream artists like Beyonce, Bieber and Rihanna. I believe that after Born This Way she kind of polarized people like Katy did with Witness, but instead of coming back with a bop she took a hiatus. She came back 3 years later and EVERYONE was ready for a Gaga comeback, but she ended up releasing PI/Joanne instead. I believe this REALLY hurt her chances for a comeback - 3 years is a long time, and its honestly the most new music hype Gaga will ever get. If she pulls another 3 year hiatus then people will just straight up forget about her, the 3 year hiatus for Joanne people were super hyped for a hit, she could have milked the **** out of it. While it is hard to measure the impact of it, I strongly believe that when the GP saw Gaga's "huge comeback" end up being a stripped down album, it made them think "well the Poker Face gaga is gone, this new gaga is talented but also kinda boring." It helped her image as a songwriter/singer but TBH the songs on joanne make her seem really aged. Like she sounds/looks more mature on Joanne...but the GP loves sexy young artists like Telephone gaga, so it may have turned them away.

At this point I thought, OK so this is her image now. But then the Halftime show happened, and people were slayed (by her OLD songs, fashion, style...) once again, and for a week she ruled the internet and the news. But now, almost a year later, the GP has kinda forgotten about her again. So heres my opinion : now that the GP has seen Gaga in her mature phase and her pop-iconic phase (superbowl), she has one more chance to solidify her impact with them. Joanne could have made her fade away but the Superbowl gave her another chance to be relevant. 

LG6 needs to serve a highkey bop lead single with high fashion, high heels and sexiness. (and she can't look "old"... she has to remind people that shes only 30!!! Like there was a REACT Video where they guessed that she was like 45.... like if anything the GP needs to be reminded she is still young because GP loves their young artists.) Like her performances need to be on point, she needs to have something VMA 2009 level to not "shock" people but get them talking again. Make the GP think "YESS GAGA IS BACK! I haven't seen her in so long! I forgot that she had such catchy songs!" And the song HAS to go top 10. Like, she needs to have a hit just to remind everyone of who the **** she is. Because if she makes LG6 a stripped down album, (and yes, it might be what she wants to do, but the truth is...) then people will just subconsciously put her even farther back in their minds. "Oh Lady Gaga? Yeah she's toned it down now. She does **** with Tony Bennett now, i think shes retired from being a pop star." 

I am not saying that GAGA HAS TO BE #1!!! SHE HAS TO SERVE HITS... she can become a country artist for all I care ... but IF she wants to stay relevant and get MORE hits in the future, she has to make LG6 how I said above. Its literally her last chance.

Reveal hidden contents

Yall might come for me, but look at Beyonce and Rihanna. They are both Gaga's age, and have had longer careers, but are still super relevant. They stay relevant by delivering huge comeback hits that 1) meet up to the hype, and 2) get people talking.Think about if Beyonce released a stripped down album instead of Lemonade and pulled a Joanne, like literally stopped being beyonce and gave us a choreo-less video with no Beyonce-glam (basically Gaga with PI)... no matter how good the vocals are or how "stripped down" it is, the GP would be like .... ok Beyonce is retiring from being the "beyonce" we know.

Another day, another threat! 

ryanripley

she didn’t take a 3 year hiatus :poot: she literally put out music in 2014 and 2015 and even then, gaga was still relevant

she’s relevant ALL OVER instead of just in pop music, which is way better and if you honestly think one album can determine where her career will go then you haven't been a fan for a long time or paying attention

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Oh honey shut the **** up she can do whatever the **** she wants to. No one needs her to be "relevant" or have a hit

I'd rather want C3C or a rock album with Metallica instead of the basic pop **** that 13-year-old girls listen to when touching themselves

TeenIdle

Can't you see Gaga's management was aiming at repairing her image during C2C and Joanne? :saladga: Her career was basically in shreds after Artpop. You can't go from a fad to a superstar just like that in the public's eyes. Look what happened to Christina. Even 5'2 helped her build a better image. She's never been more respected by the GP.

Neight Shayde
1 hour ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Where did this recent rebound on the concern with Gaga's commercial success come from? I thought anyone who was concerned about that left during ARTPOP tbh. But lately there's been like an onslaught of this stuff.

Right? I thought we were all done with that stuff after ARTPOP as well. Success is success, and if she doesn't succeed a la Taylor Swift, well then let's move on.

As long as she's happy with the music she's making (whatever genre it may be), well then let her be. She's doing so well in my book. I mean, she's on a sold out tour on an album that wasn't completely dance pop!

Michaelandro

Well even tho I don't care about Joanne that much I still think that album was the smartest thing she ever did for her career. You have to remember that people were not over but sick of her during AP and that already started during BTW. Another over the top album after AP and I think she would have sunk her career  tremendously. She knows exactly what she's doing. She took a chance with this album to recover her image in GP by kind of washing it down and making it more relatable. C2C was another great move. You can see that she's still into high fashion and everything that made her an icon in the first place but Joanne was an album that imo needed to be created at some point. If she released something crazy instead of Joanne, I don't think she would play the halftime to be perfectly honest. Everything that happened over the last 2 yrs happened for a reason. People forget that she spent a lot of time studying the sociology of fame and the whole celebrity phenomenon and the people who came before her, even though she doesn't really mention it anymore, I believe she knows exactly what she's doing at least most of the time :giggle: She went through a tough time and now she's back on her feet and has control over what she does. The next album is what I would potentially consider as a comeback, just because it seems to be created under different circumstances.

Idk, you know. I think Lady Gaga can just get away with being Lady Gaga now. She doesn’t have to pander to the charts or aim for a number one next era. She’s proved she can do it and she’s gonna have a long and prosperous career whether she’s number one or she’s not even making the charts.

Look at Beyonce. Beyonce/Lemonade didn’t do THAT well commercially – I couldn’t tell you the name of a single off of Lemonade, never mind where it charted. But B still sells tours, merchandise and albums. And Gaga does the same.

4 minutes ago, Michaelandro said:

People forget that she spent a lot of time studying the sociology of fame and the whole celebrity phenomenon and the people who came before her, even though she doesn't really mention it anymore, I believe she knows exactly what she's doing at least most of the time :giggle:

Hmm, I can’t agree with that. There was a point a while back where I really thought she’d “hacked” the whole fame system and she had her whole career planned out, but she’s made too many mistakes and missteps for me to think that now. Joanne especially was such a messy era – it’s clear she lost a lot of control over the little points or at least doesn’t care about micromanaging herself anymore.

Sneaky Oliver

Yes!!! I agree with almost everything! It’s not only the #1 hits and charts sucess we should care about. If she gets successful singles and a successful era in general, we’ll get more promo, more videos, more performances, great tours, Interscope will more likely support Gaga’s ideas... it’s not Music x Bling situation. Gaga was not happy to finish ARTPOP era without finishing all her plans, her ideas! I expect LG6 to have like 5 singles like Born This Way so... 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

DeanWinchester
9 minutes ago, permotio said:

There was a point a while back where I really thought she’d “hacked” the whole fame system and she had her whole career planned out, but she’s made too many mistakes and missteps for me to think that now.

Did you pay attention to Paparazzi? :stalkga:

LG6 will draw on her pain and her triumphant return to the public and smash :v:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived