💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will ever have a WW hit again?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
9 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Radio programmers did not keep it on regular rotation long enough for it to catch on, I seriously doubt any promotion would have significantly helped. If it had been kept on regular rotation it would have gained streaming power etc,  but programmers are undeniably losing faith in Gaga's ability to capture interest in main demographics - largely due to the flop of PI

Z100 is still playing it up to 6 times to date. Radios in UK also still play it.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Radio programmers did not keep it on regular rotation long enough for it to catch on, I seriously doubt any promotion would have significantly helped. If it had been kept on regular rotation it would have gained streaming power etc,  but programmers are undeniably losing faith in Gaga's ability to capture interest in main demographics - largely due to the flop of PI

Because there was no payola. Easy :poot: Almost every Top 40 song now has payola. :awkney: Throw that money in, power rotation for weeks :selena:

RochestrMonstr
15 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Her previous single before it managed to do just fine on US radio, so I don't think all faith was lost. 

I think The Cure could have done fine on US radio with promotion (it definitely did not bomb for a song with none at all). The song did quite well for a song with no promotion (especially by securing her a moderate hit in places MR didn't impact). 

ryanripley
1 hour ago, Censored said:

No, and she doesn't deserve to either with music like that of Joanne, ARTPOP or TC. :laughga: 

:awkney: can you actually say these words and still be considered a fan? this is the dumbest sh*t i've ever seen

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
39 minutes ago, Tonymel said:

I don't think so. She's been very lazy with promo and she hasn't work with decent producers. DJWS is alright but he can't make a hit. I also don't even think she knows what a hit sounds like these days. She said herself that every song on ARTPOP was meant to be a hit, and if she truly thought that, then she has no idea what a hit is. I hope she proves me wrong though! 

i'd take everything she said about ARTPOP as tongue in cheek, i seriously doubt she believed every track was a hit

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Robo Ga
8 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Z100 is still playing it up to 6 times to date. Radios in UK also still play it.

Certain radio stations here still play it too, but it did not chart as high as it should have. That's not super relevant to my point though. I believe if The Cure was released when PI was, as the lead of the LG5 era, it would have charted Top 10 easily and could have reached high levels of impact.  

6 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I think The Cure could have done fine on US radio with promotion (it definitely did not bomb for a song with none at all). The song did quite well for a song with no promotion (especially by securing her a moderate hit in places MR didn't impact). 

I agree it did fine for what it was, but it was not a world-wide hit, and it underperformed for what it should have been able to do, largely because of the PI mess. 

🤖⚡️

Is it possible? Yes

Is it likely? No. 

I am saying it's unlikely not because I think Gaga can't make a hit anymore, because she easily can. But because she gravitates towards weird unique concepts and sounds that are not always trendy. She is very fearless with her ideas and she's not afraid of flopping. I personally like this about her but it makes it hard to have hits.

The thing with gaga is that it's not that she's incapable of having a worldwide hit, it's that she doesn't want to have one it seems. She's super talented, she's super powerful, she has access to the best people in the industry - if she wanted a huge hit - and I hope that is coming next - She would have one. Yet she only wants to do things her way. 

Luna Lovegood

She’s not someone that’s gonna follow trends and tends to do her own gig and as we all know the gp are into edm music .. she’s a trendsetter. If the GP coincidentally likes what she’s gonna do for LG6, then it’s gonna be a global hit like what had happened with The Fame / Fame Monster. It’s just happen that during the fame era GP are into Gaga music 

luna’s advocate

thatfoxyfeeling

Reputation is the most popular pop album since, well, 1989. Compare those albums to TFM, BTW and ARTPOP and you can see how much the world needs PopGa back. You can't tell me she doesn't miss TFM/BTW days. 

2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

:awkney: can you actually say these words and still be considered a fan? this is the dumbest sh*t i've ever seen

seethe. :laughga:

it wasn't laaaahv

3 hours ago, giskardsb said:

most of the world (excluding the UK at times) mostly has crap taste in pop music, do I don't really care what the rest of the world thinks tbh.

her being far less successful = world's lack of good taste in pop music. ok :shrug: I disagree with TFM and BTW being "crap" 

it wasn't laaaahv

Archived