Featured Posts

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas

DAY 2:

YASSSS CHRISTMAS CARDS

CLYHMPs.png

Everyone loves getting mail in the mail! Real mail, not a bill, not junk mail, but a physical card your friend cared enough to send you.Here is a wonderful whimsical card you can print out and mail to your friends.

TfW2GvC.png

Download HERE

Credit to artist MandyIllustrates!

You can also order multiples of the card here through Etsy!

Interested in the Christmas cards we had last year? Lost the DL link?

Here you go! 

Printable Gaga Christmas Cards 2016

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

Annnnnddd here's Day 3

EXbYRNL.png

Day 3

You And I Across America Collection

W5fYu9t.png

These songs have largely been forgotten by the general Gaga-loving public, but hardcore LM's will remember their shining moment in the sun of radio airplay in 2011: State exclusive mixes of Gaga's 2011 single, "You and I", the country-pop cross over hit she produced with Mutt Lange. (Lange is the same producer who crafted the sound of Shania Twain throughout the '90's and 2000's.)

It's not fully known how many of the fifty states she did voice overs for, so far only approximately 24 have been preserved in Mp3 form. During 2011, there were rumours that Gaga would release all 50 states' versions on Itunes, but it never fully came about into reality. 

Incidentally, that would have been a killer kick ass PR move to motivate people in every state to buy their version of the song.
I've been chasing down Youtube recordings and livestream rips and I'm glad to find many of them here, but it's still not complete. If you, dear reader, are living in a US state, and could take the time to pay EXTRA close attention the next time you should hear "You And I" played on the radio, let us know here on GGD so we can track down the rest of them.

Propagaga was the first fansite to break the news of the official recordings  back October 2011, and if you read the Comments section on the bottom of their page, you can see where many other versions were being reported as heard back then on actual live airplay. "DC", "Washington", "Arizona", "Connecticut" , and "Nevada", among others, are seemingly lost to time, as none exist in Google searching or youtube trawling, only in the those comments.

If you hear it, rip it for us!

In the meantime, enjoy this carefully compiled partial set of sounds!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alabama

Arizona *Partial*

Arkansas *Pitched*

Boston (Massachusetts)

California

Cleveland, Ohio

Detroit, Michigan

Florida

Georgia

Houston, Texas

Indiana

Kentucky

Minnesota

New Jersey

New York

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Texas

West Virginina

and Wisconsin.

We've not included Nebraska for obvious reasons :D

Enjoy! 

DOWNLOAD ALL THE STATES VERSIONS HERE

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
On 12/2/2017 at 2:06 AM, Avenues said:

:selena:

the first correct answer for Day Ones tshirt giveaway was @Avenues, with the answer being:

Ken Howard is the namesake for DJ White Shadow *Paul Blair* and also, conicidentally, has the same birthdate as Lady Gaga. 

Congrats @Avenues on your win! Please email me your full name and full complete mailing address with any apt #'s, suites, and postal codes.

This the email you can contact me on:

the24daysofchristmas at yahoo dot com

3 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Annnnnddd here's Day 3

EXbYRNL.png

Day 3

You And I Across America Collection

W5fYu9t.png

These songs have largely been forgotten by the general Gaga-loving public, but hardcore LM's will remember their shining moment in the sun of radio airplay in 2011: State exclusive mixes of Gaga's 2011 single, "You and I", the country-pop cross over hit she produced with Mutt Lange. (Lange is the same producer who crafted the sound of Shania Twain throughout the '90's and 2000's.)

It's not fully known how many of the fifty states she did voice overs for, so far only approximately 24 have been preserved in Mp3 form. During 2011, there were rumours that Gaga would release all 50 states' versions on Itunes, but it never fully came about into reality. 

Incidentally, that would have been a killer kick ass PR move to motivate people in every state to buy their version of the song.
I've been chasing down Youtube recordings and livestream rips and I'm glad to find many of them here, but it's still not complete. If you, dear reader, are living in a US state, and could take the time to pay EXTRA close attention the next time you should hear "You And I" played on the radio, let us know here on GGD so we can track down the rest of them.

Propagaga was the first fansite to break the news of the official recordings  back October 2011, and if you read the Comments section on the bottom of their page, you can see where many other versions were being reported as heard back then on actual live airplay. "DC", "Washington", "Arizona", "Connecticut" , and "Nevada", among others, are seemingly lost to time, as none exist in Google searching or youtube trawling, only in the those comments.

If you hear it, rip it for us!

In the meantime, enjoy this carefully compiled partial set of sounds!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alabama

Arizona *Partial*

Arkansas *Pitched*

Boston (Massachusetts)

California

Cleveland, Ohio

Detroit, Michigan

Florida

Georgia

Houston, Texas

Indiana

Kentucky

Minnesota

New Jersey

New York

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Texas

West Virginina

and Wisconsin.

We've not included Nebraska for obvious reasons :D

Enjoy! 

DOWNLOAD ALL THE STATES VERSIONS HERE

yaaaaasss

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

MonsterOfSpain

I still remember this! I think it was such a cute and effective tool to promote the song, she should've released the 50 different versions on iTunes lmao.

ChicaSkas
On 12/3/2017 at 1:21 AM, Mark said:

Chica, I just wanna say this is one of the best parts of GGD. It feels an xmas tradition for me. :kara:

I'm so glad you like it still.  I do too, every time I'm concerned if it still matters and every time people like you remind me it does.

Thank you!

mister max

I didnt even know that these alternate versions existed :flutter:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

imnotyourbabe10

Thank you, so very kindly, for doing this!  :hug:

It takes me down memory lane to 2011 and the promo for this stunning track.  So many fond memories of Yoü and I.  Nostalgia! 

Again, thank you!

giphy.gif

• Haroon unfeatured this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived