Taylor vs Katy

katybathy

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
katybathy
4 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Fun fact but CTTR is probaby bigger, or at least just as big as LWYMMD if we're talking globally :gaycat: 

Totally :bon:

RAMROD

Nope.

You tried it tho, that is cute :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Dominic

Pretty equal. Taylor knows she can sell whereas Katy knows she can stream. Both played to their strengths. 

Both have had average eras this time around in comparison to their previous though :shrug: 

CTTR was more popular here in the UK by my knowledge but realistically judging singles alone they are pretty equal. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

FlopSlurper

For the record, when Tay released her discography on streaming services, she outstreamed Witness, despite it being witness's debit week

giphy.gif

lifeasgeorge
15 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Fun fact but CTTR is probaby bigger, or at least just as big as LWYMMD if we're talking globally :gaycat: 

I kind of agree, but kind of disagree. I think CTTR had slightly more longevity (due to radio and Spotify deals) but when LWYMD dropped it had such a large social impact, everyone one was talking about it and the video. So I think that in the long run LWYMD will have a larger impact. But this is also my perspective from the US, I'm not sure how big of an event LWYMD was in other countries :emma: 

live and let live

katybathy
3 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

I kind of agree, but kind of disagree. I think CTTR had slightly more longevity (due to radio and Spotify deals) but when LWYMD dropped it had such a large social impact, everyone one was talking about it and the video. So I think that in the long run LWYMD will have a larger impact. But this is also my perspective from the US, I'm not sure how big of an event LWYMD was in other countries :emma: 

Globally CTTR > lwymmd

Thomas P
On 2017-12-01 at 9:28 AM, katybathy said:

Okay I just checked Spotontrack and...........

exactly 3 months after release dates

CTTR: #67

LWYMMD: #89 

:excited2:

omg CTTR really is bigger :excited2:

Check sales. You’re delusional af

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
On 2017-12-01 at 9:45 AM, katybathy said:

Guys chill lmao the hate for Katy is real :sweat: what has my baby done to you :bon:

Noting but you’re literally being delusional. Katy’s flip era is the biggest flop era I’ve seen since Bionic.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

teawhore
23 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

For the record, when Tay released her discography on streaming services, she outstreamed Witness, despite it being witness's debit week

giphy.gif

actually no

katy outstreamed, but but 1989 came close which is why that was kinda embarrassing 

♡ nyc ♡

katybathy
9 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Check sales. You’re delusional af

Lmao no im not. Global hit CTTR >>>> frontloaded lwymmd

A Real Panda

Taylor is in the 11th year of her career and her albums still opening with more than 1m. Katy has yet to reach that, despite having the multitude of #1s you'd think she'd be able to even crack 300k opening week.

If you're trying to point out Katy as a streaming force, artists earn almost nothing with streaming anyway. Swifties actually buy albums instead of Kats just streaming it for free. :sharon:

TheCureinMalibu
23 minutes ago, teawhore said:

actually no

katy outstreamed, but but 1989 came close which is why that was kinda embarrassing 

It was true. 8 tracks from 1989 charted meanwhile only 6 tracks from Witness charted in 09/06 US Spotify. Not to mention there was Love Story, You Belong With Me,... 

teawhore
Just now, TheCureinMalibu said:

It was true. 8 tracks from 1989 charted meanwhile only 6 tracks from Witness charted in 09/06 US Spotify. Not to mention there was Love Story, You Belong With Me,... 

oh rip :selena:

it doesn't really matter, my girl's career is successful enough, I don't need her to sell at all now

I just want Katy to do what she wants to do and be happy

♡ nyc ♡

TheCureinMalibu
2 minutes ago, teawhore said:

oh rip :selena:

it doesn't really matter, my girl's career is successful enough, I don't need her to sell at all now

I just want Katy to do what she wants to do and be happy

Correction, there was only 4 songs from Witness charted in Spotify US in it's debut day :poot:

52.Swish Swish

95.Pendulum

163.CTTR

174. Bon Appétit 

:poot:

Archived