Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Call me by your name

lucastecala

Featured Posts

ZephyrInTheSky

I just saw this last night and really liked it, with all the hype i'm kinda shook. It was good from start to finish, good acting, good pacing, beautiful scenery, music etc. I thought maybe it would be boring but nope. I like that the movie didnt focus so much on the fact that they're gay, it was just 2 guys falling in love. 1 who is under age (the only weird thing i found about the plot) but it felt real in that it probably happens all the time. There wasn't any struggle with religion or society, it was just the 2 main characters struggling to accept their feelings. Everyone else was kinda cool with it, that was refreshing. Its a very positive LGBT movie that doesn't make you feel like your life is bound to be a tragic mess and you will end up dying all alone. :awkney:

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlaqJezus
On 11/30/2017 at 10:16 AM, BeyerJ said:

Are you kidding me? Go pay to see it. Gay representation really only comes around every once in a while in movies. The more support the better.

It's very limited release, so there is a possibility no one will be able to see it. I got a screener from a friend in Hollywood, there are copies out there for those who want to watch them. Perfect copies in fact, look on YouTube for people who make music videos, some of them have the links I think.

Borislshere

Tried watching it and couldn't get into it. To slow for my taste and wasn't really into the story. 

raginchristians

Seeing this tonight :gaycat: will report back on if I start crying like a mess or not

he/they

SychosSoChic

It's not an artsy Gay movie if a gay guy doesn't sleep with a girl :selena:

I did not like it. :selena:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

raginchristians

The only thing the stopped me from fully getting into the movie was that you could reshoot half of Elio's scenes with Troye Sivan playing him and I probably wouldn't even notice :wtfga:but apart from that it was actually really good imo :lolly:

he/they

Interlude

I confused CMBYN with "The Way He Looks" so when my friend showed me the trailer I was shook. It felt like a really special movie and I didn't want to be robbed of the cinematic experience and I'm so glad I chased it! It's beautifully expressed and so visually striking. The slow build of the romance, the immersive landscape, the rawness of their love; it's incredible. Anyone who's experienced a summer romance will heavily relate to this, love that is quick, powerful and unforgettable. The music as well, gosh it compliments it fantastically. One of the best LGBT films I've ever seen and I highly recommend it!

Also this video just ****ed me up! , obviously *spoilers:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

raginchristians
19 hours ago, Tokyo said:

I confused CMBYN with "The Way He Looks" so when my friend showed me the trailer I was shook. It felt like a really special movie and I didn't want to be robbed of the cinematic experience and I'm so glad I chased it! It's beautifully expressed and so visually striking. The slow build of the romance, the immersive landscape, the rawness of their love; it's incredible. Anyone who's experienced a summer romance will heavily relate to this, love that is quick, powerful and unforgettable. The music as well, gosh it compliments it fantastically. One of the best LGBT films I've ever seen and I highly recommend it!

Also this video just ****ed me up! , obviously *spoilers:

If we're posting scenes from the movie, I really enjoyed this one :gaycat:

Just trust me sisters ok watch it :poot:

he/they

• 2 weeks later...
melodichard

Incredible film. I’ve seen it twice already, and now I’m reading the book. I really hope CMBYN takes home at least one Oscar. 

just another gay

Just watched it yesterday. drop a few tears in the theater but then when I went back home and thought about it again I CRYYYYY. Probably just because I have to be long-distance from my partner soon.

Pacify Him

Oh lookie. I just started downloading it and then I see this thread on the front page :applause: 

I’m getting on your nerves

• 4 weeks later...
Cuntalicious

Just finished watching this one.
What an amazing film! Can't stop thinking about it. 
It's beautifully done.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.

Pacify Him

This film was recommended to me/my class from a lot of tv and film producers teaching us .. I guess it’s that good

I’m getting on your nerves

raginchristians
4 hours ago, Pacify Him said:

This film was recommended to me/my class from a lot of tv and film producers teaching us .. I guess it’s that good

It is! Give them your coins :grr:

he/they

It's just beautiful guys. I watched last week, and it has been with me since then. Can't stop thinking about it.

Such a beautiful love story and coming of age tale. Above all, it made me think about myself when I was the same age as Elio... How I could have experienced love at that age, if being gay was something I could experience openly without constraints from family, friends, and society in general.

Listen to 'Mystery of Love' by Sufjan Stevens... It's from the film soundtrack and it's just beautiful.

Archived