Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RATE: Blue (Joni Mitchell)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my first ever Megarate.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I plan on doing megarates based on either older albums with significant impact on society OR albums that flew under the radar of the general public.

The album I have chosen for my first megarate is  "Blue" by Joni Mitchell

Bluealbumcover.jpg

The following is a little background about the Album itself:

Spoiler

"Blue is the fourth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell. Exploring the various facets of relationships from infatuation on "A Case of You" to insecurity on "This Flight Tonight", the songs feature simple accompaniments on piano, guitar and Appalachian dulcimer. The album peaked at number 3 on the UK Albums Chart and number 15 on the Blllboard 200.

Today, Blue is generally regarded by music critics as one of the greatest albums of all time; Mitchell's songwriting and compositions are frequent areas of praise. In January 2000, The New York Times chose Blue as one of the 25 albums that represented "turning points and pinnacles in 20th-century popular music". In 2012, Blue was rated the 30th best album ever made in Rolling Stone's list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time", the highest entry by a female artist. In July 2017, Blue was chosen by NPR as the greatest album of all time made by a woman."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(Joni_Mitchell_album)

In general, here are the Criteria for participating the Megarate (inspired by @Stefani Gaga's rules in the iconic megarate of 25 by Adele)

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11. Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values of .25, .5, or .75

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @Rumours1977).

Due Date for Ratings: CLOSED

Date for Ceremony: December 19, 2017

Here's how you can listen to the album (Spotify Preferred):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tags:

If you know of anyone who would want to participate in this Megarate as well, please tag them in the thread. I would really appreciate it!

I am unsure if this type of megarate is something GGD members are interested in, but I sure hope it is! If you all have any questions, feel free to either ask them in the thread below or DM me. 

Participants:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
8 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

I think I'll be doing this :happy:

Just remind me from time to time :sis:

Sure, I'll try to remind you closer to the date when the ratings are due.

Thanks for being willing to participate! :)

Moreover, feel free to tag anyone who may be interested in this type of megarate:hug:

That J

Thank God for you and great music! 😊

I will gladly participate. I need to go over a few songs again but I'll send in my scores as soon as possible.  Great album choice!  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

rumours
2 minutes ago, That J said:

Thank God for you and great music! 😊

I will gladly participate. I need to go over a few songs again but I'll send in my scores as soon as possible.  Great album choice!  

Thanks! :kara:

I felt Joni Mitchell was a pretty good place to start for this type of Megarate. Her discography in general is pretty great!

rumours
6 minutes ago, MonsterGaga5555 said:

Spotify thank you :pray: 

If you expect high results though :excuseu: 

I don’t know what to expect tbh. It is one of the most critically acclaimed albums of all time, but that doesn’t mean someone will necessarily like it.

As long as your ratings are fair (preferably with explanations if the ratings are gonna be overwhelming low), you’ll be fine. :hug:

calmar
6 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Never heard it before so it will be a first experience :excited2:

Same here. I've started and it definitely sounds... well, like very good early 1970s music from the USA. :laughga: 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

rumours
11 minutes ago, Eddie A Michael said:

I have never listened to this album before. Guess I'll check it out now ^^

10 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Never heard it before so it will be a first experience :excited2:

3 minutes ago, calmar said:

Same here. I've started and it definitely sounds... well, like very good early 1970s music from the USA. :laughga: 

I really appreciate you all participating :hug:

If you know of anyone else who may want to participate, feel free to tag them. 

BBhomemaker
12 minutes ago, calmar said:

I'm sure @Rumours1977 have a lot of ideas for the next megarate From Nancy to Tracy Chapman to Genesis to Bon Jovi it's gonna be a time travel 

giphy.gif

Archived