đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Younger Now era has ended

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

I'm not sure if this is posted but I just read Younger Now's wikipage and realised that Miley announced that Younger Now will not have a tour and she does not intend to release any future singles from this album. Malibu and Younger Now are the only singles from the album.

Artists nowadays are releasing fewer and fewer singles. Gaga used to release five singles from a single album and Joanne has two, fortunately she did the Superbowl and Coachella and delivered a wonderful tour to make the era significantly more interesting. She also released The Cure.

Lorde has also only released two videos from the Melodrama era. Katy released three, while she used to do six for Teenage Dream, and five for Prism. Kesha seemed to have no interest in releasing new videos/singles. Praying, Woman and Learn to Let Go all have videos, but Praying is the only single among the three.

It seems like album eras are getting shorter and shorter.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/miley-cyrus/news/miley-cyrus-isnt-releasing-any-more-younger-now-singles

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradley hunny it's news from decades ago. I guess you were too busy editing Gaga's puss puss in ASIB :selena:

thatfoxyfeeling

You mean album eras are getting shorter if the album isn’t a commercial success. Reputation is gonna have at least 5 videos. 

IAmNotHere1997
Just now, Bradley said:

Artists nowadays are releasing fewer and fewer singles

IKR? It's like, they try to make the lead single a hit and put huge promo to that, and that's it. Or probably at the end they switch a promo single and make it the final single. So sad.

Bradley
Just now, JR Gg said:

Bradley hunny it's news from decades ago. I guess you were too busy editing Gaga's puss puss in ASIB :selena:

i'm so sorry

let's take this as extra discussion then :selena:

FRANK1991

While Taylor blasts through all her eras with flying colors :neyde:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

gagagoogoose

It's kinda sad that album cycles are getting shorter. People doesn't seem to be appreciating a full body of work in the streaming era anymore.

tumblr_nijarwMTsX1rnigreo3_400.gif 

TimisaMonster

Daaaaaaaaaaaang her label must not have been pleased with the numbers and cut her promo for future singles and funding for any potential tour...yikes :awkney:

What's she going to do now....she JUST released the album not even 2 months ago :wtf:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Bradley
3 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

You mean album eras are getting shorter if the album isn’t a commercial success. Reputation is gonna have at least 5 videos. 

Reputation is extraordinarily successful, we can't deny that. But Joanne being a platinum-certified album spawning only two singles is odd.

Bradley
4 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

IKR? It's like, they try to make the lead single a hit and put huge promo to that, and that's it. Or probably at the end they switch a promo single and make it the final single. So sad.

That's so true. Promotional singles used to be separate from the second/third official singles and today they're the same thing.:rip: 

Why don’t artists do it the other way round? I mean releasing 3 or 4 proper singles with 3-4 month intervals in between each first then release the album and tour soon after.

FRANK1991

her interview from Billboard, quite interesting:

“My main concern isn’t radio,” says Cyrus, whose “Wrecking Ball” spent three weeks at No. 1 in 2013. “I truly don’t even listen to it.”

The new album is pretty singer-­songwriter-y, no?

Yeah. But not granola. I don’t listen to Ed Sheeran and John Mayer and stuff.:tony::sharon:

But I also love that new Kendrick [Lamar] song [“Humble”]: “Show me somethin’ natural like ass with some stretch marks.” I love that because it’s not “Come sit on my ****, suck on my cock.” I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much “Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock” -- I am so not that.

But we’ve seen the way that Madonna and Lady Gaga get asked, “Is this just another costume? Another phase?”

I think [Madonna and Gaga] are ­enlightened. I ­****ing hate it when people can’t adjust. I used to [resist changing]. But I haven’t smoked weed in three weeks, which is the longest I’ve ever [gone without it]. I’m not doing drugs, I’m not drinking, I’m completely clean right now! That was just something that I wanted to do.

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Just now, chiuga said:

Why don’t artists do it the other way round? I mean releasing 3 or 4 proper singles with 3-4 month intervals in between each first then release the album and tour soon after.

Let's say that an album has 11 tracks. 3-4 singles before the album would mean that the artist would be releasing a chunk of the album before it's out. 

WitnessEye

Eras are getting shorter because new pop music albums are flopping hard. Seems like pop is not a thing anymore. Just look at the Billboard 100. You can find latino and trap in top 10. It's so sad. Even Taylor's new album isnt succesful as her previous release (LWYMMD #1 3 wks RFI #4). I hope that next music year will do better.

Archived