💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does anyone else think "Princess Die" is Gaga's best song ever?

Sailor

Featured Posts

Like, my favourite song by Gaga will probably always be "The Queen", but I went down memory lane tonight and decided to listen to "Princess Die" for the first time in like, over two years, and what I realised was that, it's probably the greatest song she's overall made in her career.

I mean, I'm not asking whether it's your favourite song. Her best song may not necessarily be everyone's favourite, and the most successful song of her career may not be the best. But overall, speaking in terms of songwriting and composition, I think it's her best song ever, and the fact she never got to release it is just a shame to me. :nails:

It could've been the best song on Born This Way. Princess Diana would've fit so well with the theme of that album, playing the role of a "born brave" figure who met a tragic end thanks to those around her, unable to carry through with the heavily optimistic philosophies of the album due to circumstances out of her control. It would be a good "it's okay to not be okay" and "let's celebrate and remember everyone who was born this way, but couldn't make it", acknowledging a side to the album I feel like she didn't get the chance to dabble in enough. :saladga:

I'm sorry for being deep. Buy Sue Me by Björk on iTunes. :staymad:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

hausofbrice

Best Song Ever Made. No Questions Asked.

Now Why The F do we not have a studio version miss gags :reductive:

xoxo, brice ♡

GypsyBabe

I think Princess Die is one of the best songs that she has written because it is so multilayered. It is a beautiful song with great lyricism, but it is also tragic and macabre. Its a need to outwardly show the pain that one feels inside which so many can relate to. I wish so badly for a studio version. 

⚯͛

NIghtmareElm

I hate to be the negativity Nancy but I really hate the song.  It's way too depressing and dreary.  Dope is a pretty emotional song and kind of sad but it's not so depressing.  I feel the song is negative and ugly.  I'm glad she hasn't ever mentioned in in recent times or performed it anymore.  

WeDontStop
2 minutes ago, NIghtmareElm said:

I hate to be the negativity Nancy but I really hate the song.  It's way too depressing and dreary.  Dope is a pretty emotional song and kind of sad but it's not so depressing.  I feel the song is negative and ugly.  I'm glad she hasn't ever mentioned in in recent times or performed it anymore.  

Excuse me no

i got the boys in dubai

It's one of her most clever, lyrically.

On one hand, it's literally one of the most depressing songs I have ever heard, written in what probably was one of the worst periods of her life. 

On the other hand, the humor in the song is just so sharp and witty. It simultaneously mitigates, and highlights, the depressive aspect she of the song.

I think a later ad-lib really describes the song's humorous tragedy:

when they treat me like a clown

I'll become Vuitton Brown

3 points in and ready for more

Helxig

I love that song so much.

And as a hairdresser the peroxide metaphors speak to me.

I remember hearing that song back in like 2011 and being in love with it instantly :flutter:

It's very poetic.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Glamourpuss

It is a great song. I'm not sure if I agree it is the best. But I'd love a studio version of it or for her to sing it live again some time. 

I remember her performing it live in Manchester and she talked us through the meaning of it as she was singing it. I never would have thought it would fade away into obscurity and not be released some how. She was so proud of it. 

CautiousLurker

It's a beautiful song indeed - I'm not sure if I'd call it her best since there's no way of knowing how a studio recording would sound, but the lyrics are amazing - I don't know why she swapped it out for Dope since Princess Die is far superior lyrically, and leaves a much bigger impression, imo at least...

BlackJudas

Definitely one of her best songs she's ever written. To hear a fleshed out studio version would be amazing. I talk about this all the time but I need a stadium EP from her with songs similar to Princess Die, You & I, Electric Chapel, Brooklyn Nights, Living on the Radio and Future Love.

FlopSlurper
1 hour ago, NIghtmareElm said:

She did read a fan letter recently that mentioned the song :poot: 

Archived