Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎀 🀘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🀘 🎀 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
society

6 Syrians arrested for planning terrorist attack in Germany

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 6,459
Melech

"The suspects, aged 20 to 28, were detained in dawn raids that saw some 500 police officers swoop on residences in the cities of Kassel, Essen, Hanover and Leipzig.

The men are accused of belonging to "the foreign terrorist group that calls itself the Islamic State", Christian Hartwig, a spokesman for the Frankfurt prosecutor's office, saidΒ in a statement.

"The accused are also suspected of preparing an attack on a public target in Germany using weapons or explosives," Hartwig said.

The investigators believe the men had not yet finalized their attack plan, he added.

But the local Hessischer Rundfunk radio station, citing sources close to the probe, said the accused "had planned an attack on the Christmas market in Essen", a city in western Germany.

Such an attack would have revived painful memories of last December's truck rampage in Berlin when a failed Tunisian asylum seeker smashed into a crowded Christmas market, killing 12 people.

Police and prosecutors declined to comment on reports citing Essen's Christmas market as the target, which also appeared in Germany's best-selling Bild newspaper.

The six detained Syrians all arrived in Germany as asylum seekers between December 2014 and September 2015, at the height of Europe's migrant crisis.

Prosecutors gave no further details about the case, saying the inquiry was still ongoing.

German daily Die Welt said it was fellow refugees who tipped off the police about the suspects.

German security forces have been on high alert following a spate of Islamist attacks, of which the Berlin rampage was the deadliest."

https://www.thelocal.de/20171121/six-syrians-arrested-for-planning-terror-attack-in-germanyΒ 

• Like 1

FATCAT   Paws Up 27,366
FATCAT

"it was fellow refugees who tipped off the police about the suspects."

Brave of them to come forward.Β 

• Like 13
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘ President of GagaDaily β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

benKo   Paws Up 1,825
benKo

Im so thankful for the good police forces we have here in Germany! I hope this year (and following years ofc) will be safe on christmas and other events...

Melech   Paws Up 6,459
Melech
Just now, FATCAT said:

Yes! It's not the first time this happened! There was a case this or last year where refugees caught a guy who planned a terror attack!Β 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

benKo   Paws Up 1,825
benKo
Just now, FATCAT said:

I don't wanna know what would have happened if they said nothing...

lego   Paws Up 37,459
lego
Just now, benKo said:

Β 

Be grateful you have people who speak the language and who are honest and report on time. ;)

Β 

• Like 1
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

FATCAT   Paws Up 27,366
FATCAT
Just now, benKo said:

I mean, Germany is a five-eyes intelligence agency, so I'm sure they'd have uncovered something before it escalated further. These plots are foiled because the perpetrators are dumb.

• Like 1
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘ President of GagaDaily β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

Henri Bardot   Paws Up 705
Henri Bardot
1 minute ago, Unites said:

That's why we need border control in Europe.

Why would that be a good idea?

• Like 1
praying 4 new marina album xoxo

Supersonic   Paws Up 25,972
Supersonic
2 minutes ago, benKo said:

Thank god you don't need to imagine that, because they did speak up :)

• Like 8
Majestic, the future is electric.

Unites   Paws Up 3,319
Unites
Just now, Henri Bardot said:

Why would that be a good idea?

Because the alternative is this.

• Like 1

FATCAT   Paws Up 27,366
FATCAT
3 minutes ago, Unites said:

Imagine if these people had immigrated without the real refugees, that let the police know. I understand the reaction to this kind of news can be defensive, but the refugees saved your people. Take that into account.

• Like 4

benKo   Paws Up 1,825
benKo
2 minutes ago, lego said:

Β 

Be grateful you have people who speak the language and who are honest and report on time. ;)

Β 

That is what I just passively said...

Melech   Paws Up 6,459
Melech
13 minutes ago, Unites said:

:emma:Β most terror attacks that happened in Europe weren't in the hands of refugees.Β 

Edited by Melech
Wrote Germany instead of Europe :neyde:
  • Like 4

Supersonic   Paws Up 25,972
Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Unites said:

Because the alternative is this.

The alternative is the police working? :chica:

Closing borders does not prevent terrorism, homegrown terror attacks are a lot more common than people coming into a country to do something. What prevents terrorism is education and reaching out to migrants in order to both tear down prejudice and glass ceilings that keep non-white non-christian people less successful than they deserve to be.

• Like 5
Majestic, the future is electric.