Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

Nurses laugh as veteran dies begging for help

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 41,830
Morphine Prince

Hidden footage from 2014 shows the disturbing moment a group of nurses laughed as a World War II veteran repeatedly called for help and died.

The family of 89-year-old James Dempsey of Woodstock, Georgia, installed a hidden camera in his room at the Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation Center when he first moved in, fearing mistreatment.

The camera later captured the night he died.

The video showed Dempsey calling for help, even telling the nurses that he couldn't breathe at one point. It also showed nurses laughing as his breathing machine failed.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-nurses-laugh-89-old-152050125.html

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 20
It's the people who don't recognize the racism within themselves that can be the most damaging because they don't see it.

Irrelevant   Paws Up 13,998
Irrelevant

The title makes me so uncomfortable and sad already, couldn't watch the video cause I would rather not to :(

Evil ppl >:(

• Like 5
iconique

SMILE2NE1   Paws Up 1,508
SMILE2NE1

I AM SO ****ING DISTURBED I CANT BELEIVE I WATCHED THAT

I AM SHOOK IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE

• Like 1

JustaMonster   Paws Up 4,714
JustaMonster

This is disgusting oh my god :saladga: :saladga: :saladga: 

• Like 1
I will fly on a challenger across the sky

Possibly Maybe   Paws Up 4,072
Possibly Maybe

When I read things like this I just wonder what is going on in the minds of those who do that? What were the nurses’ motives??? :oprah:

• Like 4
"Remembering is good if you don't let it be the fear in you" - Erykah Badu, "...& On"

FrankGutz   Paws Up 6,927
FrankGutz

what happenedt to the nurses? omg

• Like 1
ONLY POP FAVES: MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

modern ecstasy   Paws Up 3,236
modern ecstasy

Sadly I know so many people in college that go into nursing just for the money, and don't have a passion for caring for others.

Poor man. :(

• Sad 5

CautiousLurker   Paws Up 4,642
CautiousLurker

This is ***ing disgusting - whatever punishment the nurses as well as the nursing home got is not enough to atone for the way this man spent his final moments... They basically allowed him to suffer and die in agony - how are they are not prosecuted :saladga:

I agree with the comments saying this should be investigated as a hate crime... Apparently this is not uncommon in nursing homes, and that is beyond sad... Do they not realise they will grow old as well? You can't treat elderly people like garbage, especially if you're paid to take care of them... 

• Like 1

SCHEISSEMONTRE   Paws Up 856
SCHEISSEMONTRE

I can’t believe what I just saw. Nurses are supposed to help you when you need it, and these nurses didn’t even do a god damn thing to help this WW2 veteran. I Hope the nurses who let this man died (who served for the US) better go to jail or get fired, because he served your country and you should treat him with respect (including everyone who is in a Hospital or Retirement Home). 

Mychal

GypsyBabe   Paws Up 9,824
GypsyBabe

As a future nurse and coming from a family filled with wonderful and selfless nurses (one of whom worked in a nursing home), I just can't comprehend this. :S

Edited by GypsyBabe

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 41,830
Morphine Prince
15 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Sadly I know so many people in college that go into nursing just for the money, and don't have a passion for caring for others.

Same. So many people go into health care professions just for the money and not because they have a passion for it. It’s so disgusting. 

It's the people who don't recognize the racism within themselves that can be the most damaging because they don't see it.

sethrb101   Paws Up 570
sethrb101

This pisses me off so much. How can humanity be so cruel?

4th Place in Reputation Big Brother #JusticeForDelicate

Lance   Paws Up 14,692
Lance

smfh...

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

TimisaMonster   Paws Up 10,395
TimisaMonster

Nurses abusing elderly patients, police going trigger happy and killing civilians, teachers and priests molesting children, etc

Like....WHY did you choose this line of work????????????

:wtf::duck::what::awkney::saladga:

• Like 1

Applause   Paws Up 554
Applause
35 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

That is terrifying. :gum:

I can't watch the video... The thumbnail and title are too much.. poor man. :(

Xalser