💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

My ARTPOP Meltdown

Xoxo Adriana

Featured Posts

Xoxo Adriana

So I haven't listened to ARTPOP since 2015 :poot: there, I said it. Drag me to Uranus and back.

I haven't listened to ARTPOP for a good two years or more. Today I (accidentally) pressed my old music playlist (from like 2014) rather than my 2017 music playlist and guess what came on? Gypsy :selena: As soon as "Sometimes a story has no end" came on, the 2013 nostalgia hit me so hard. I kept listening and still remembered all the lyrics. And for some reason I started tearing up to the lyrics: "pack your bags and we can chase the sunset" and that final chorus after the bridge. The song and album alike reminded me so much of the connection Gaga gave us during the ARTPOP era aka the "interactive/social" era. It especially reminds me of not being able to afford tickets to the artRAVE :air: but Gaga giving us all the chance who couldn't come to experience the show in her Paris lifestream. 

I was then hit with the pre-ARTPOP anticipation nostalgia. How I believed every rumour that came out in 2012/2013, the fan-made album covers, the BTWB, the official offical album announcement and not the fake "official" announcement. I felt that even though ARTPOP was considered Gaga's "flop" album, it wasn't to me. I mean Gyspy wasn't even my jam, but hearing it again after two years made me really appreciate the song and the whole album in general. 

I kinda look back at "that" Gaga and look at her now and how far she has come. I thought I missed the "old gaga" as some would say, but really I noticed she is really much the same. The acceptance speech she made today at the AMAs, there was the "old gaga" we were all looking for. Telling us to never stop being ourselves, I missed when she said that in almost every interview she made during TFM, BTW and ARTPOP eras. We don't hear it much from her, but hearing it today made me meltdown completely...and now I am completely obsessing over ARTPOP right now.

So its unbelievable that Gaga released ARTPOP in 2013 when I was in 8th grade, and releasing "The Cure" in 2017 and finishing 12th grade is crazy. Sorry for the weak rant guys, I hope it doesn't sound dramatic because I'm not the dramatic type

Spoiler

I lied :oprah: 

Tell me your favourite thing about the ARTPOP era below, mine was the iTunes Festival performance. Watching it live (and skipping school that day just to watch it :poot:) was like the most hyped and shooketh i've ever been with Gaga :giveup:  

I'm glad you finally saw the light and remembered ARTPOP's greatness. :giveup:

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

SHALLOW

Why would you not want to listen to ARTPOP for 2 years.:oprah:

I'm sorry but you FLOPPEDT so hard.:madge:

But then you saw the light so it's ok :queenga:

Pamelaisley

ARTPOP came out in my freshman year and then Joanne came out in my senior year :giveup: I literally grew up with this woman.

I really loved the ARTPOP era because she was so excited about everything. She seemed so happy to talk about her art (and others'!) in interviews. I loved the fashion and the makeup most of all. I get a lot of hair/makeup inspiration from that era and it feels special to me since I love creating art too. artRAVE was my first concert of hers and I'm so blessed I was able to go twice :nick: (I was supposed to go to the BTWB at Madison Square Garden but we all know what happened..) The pre-ARTPOP/BTWB era was fantastic and so exciting!! I'll never forget a single moment from it!! Well, maybe I'll forget the Skype Ball.

I still think Gypsy is my favorite song of hers EVER, even if i say its John Wayne.  

the moon lights her way 🌖🩇

VillainTina

same i havent heard the ARTPOP album by itself for a long while.

i usually just play my artrave album or watch the stream.

you actually gave me an idea today :classy:

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please đŸ˜¶

Grigio Guy

This is honestly me with TFM. I forget about it until it sneaks its way into my daily playlist. :sweat:

Religion is a product to sell.

Okinawa

I remember ARTPOP's release and my opinion on it was changing every day.... but honestly that was the same with BTW...

At least it wasn't boring like Avrils "Goodbye Lullabye".

Actually, now I think that ARTPOP is rather a good album!

(only the cover is horrible).

~We are Reel Cool~

Xoxo Adriana
8 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Why would you not want to listen to ARTPOP for 2 years.:oprah:

I'm sorry but you FLOPPEDT so hard.:madge:

But then you saw the light so it's ok :queenga:

It's not that I didn't wanna listen to it I just never really thought of listening to it :ladyhaha: but yep definitely saw the light and now I have ARTPOOP on repeat :lolly:  

Xoxo Adriana
5 hours ago, Louvre said:

I remember ARTPOP's release and my opinion on it was changing every day.... but honestly that was the same with BTW...

At least it wasn't boring like Avrils "Goodbye Lullabye".

Actually, now I think that ARTPOP is rather a good album!

(only the cover is horrible).

ARTPOP's cover was a masterpiece thank you :awkney: 

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, Kylie Jenner said:

It's not that I didn't wanna listen to it I just never really thought of listening to it :ladyhaha: but yep definitely saw the light and now I have ARTPOOP on repeat :lolly:  

Don't you ignore ARTPOP like that! We already have someone who does...

Danny Milk

If ARTPOP didn't exist I wouldn't have known gaga

Watch that Christmas special got me hooked and I've never been unhooked since

I guess it doesn't really matter

Xoxo Adriana
2 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Yeah, I really hope Katy forgets Witness in the coming years just as much as Gaga forgot ARTPOP :air: 

5 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Someone performed Venus, Sexxx Dreams and Applause at Coachella in 2017.

GypsyBabe

I’m embarassed to say that I just teared up reading the OP and I don’t know why :cryga:

⚯͛

Daenerys

The best parts of the era for me were not only the album release, because that was the most euphoric day I’ve ever had but on that same day I went to the Pop Up store in LA and got to experience the release on a grander scale with so many other people and costumes from her MVs all over the place!! That and the artRAVE which I was so grateful to have a chance to go to! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

Archived