💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

2018 Radio Is Ours #LG6

Rifek

Featured Posts

PrincessPeach
8 hours ago, blackcoffee said:

Just a note, but A LOT of TC team, if not all, were involved in the making of the ASIB soundtrack. Lukas Nelson’s band is her backing band before she goes pop even. He could totally be talking about that. 

Yes but LG6 isn’t ASIB

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blackcoffee
7 minutes ago, PrincessPeach said:

Yes but LG6 isn’t ASIB

Yeah, but nothing in his post said LG6...that was all the OP and the misleading thread title. He could be talking about LG6 but he could also not be talking about it. Just playing devils advocate and interpreting the post for both sides. As evident from the last couple weeks, monsters can get WAY too hyped and it can cloud judgement haha. 

I agree with your other post though that LG6 will be coming after ASIB in late summer/fall 2018. ASIB soundtrack will definitely have a single, maybe two, and she can build off the (hopeful) success of that with LG6. 

3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

"We are working.." 

Well, the album is not out yet, so they can consider it as still working on it. It wouldn't be the first time we did misread stuff/people are saying something with the wrong words. Call me the hype train destroyer. :poot:

lxdygxga

I think LG6 is going to be a big era. It’ll be her ten year anniversary, and quite probably her last before she goes and starts her family. I think she’s gonna bring out the big guns for this one.

GagaMyBlood95

Yup, I had the feeling new music is scheduled for next year and I'm not talking about the ASIB soundtrack, that will be a side project imo!

Ken Zahn
10 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

Highway Unicorn the Re-Up is coming :unicorn:  Stay shook :giveup:

Inb4 lg6 is the "My Little Pony Soundtrack" 

my wig is missing 

bye bye wig :bye:

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

doppelganger
2 hours ago, blackcoffee said:

Yeah, but nothing in his post said LG6...that was all the OP and the misleading thread title. He could be talking about LG6 but he could also not be talking about it. Just playing devils advocate and interpreting the post for both sides. As evident from the last couple weeks, monsters can get WAY too hyped and it can cloud judgement haha. 

I agree with your other post though that LG6 will be coming after ASIB in late summer/fall 2018. ASIB soundtrack will definitely have a single, maybe two, and she can build off the (hopeful) success of that with LG6. 

Yeah and there’s no confirmation that LG6(not ASIB) is in the works. We know she’s in the studio and tour bus working on something but for all we know that “something” could be the album that carries the film ASIB + additional tracks. 

If Gaga is to release two albums next year she’ll have to release the lead single for ASIB in March, and perhaps a 2nd single right after its release late May. This in itself is a little crazy coming off a world tour

We know it takes Gaga time to plan her eras between touring, recording, film promo, video and promo shoots. I don’t see “LG6”’s lead coming out any sooner than late September ala PI.

In other words, be prepared for an entire year of meltdowns  

11 hours ago, Rock Jock said:

Why are they keep playing with us? :selena:

This tbh! I'm continuing to keep my expectations as low as possible. If its true then I'll be SHOOK! 

youandi
8 hours ago, Phlop said:

I mean she wasn't embraced by radio because of her off singles.

I'm sure Radio would've loved to play AYO/MR/DH/DiC if they were the lead singles

And releasing Judas/GUY/PI weren't smart radio moves. And neither was last minute second single switching.

Not to be a 'little manager' but I can't help but agree, she could have had a really successful run of singles this time in my opinion if she had done it similarly. 

I think releasing A-yo and Diamond Heart first at the same time (kinda joint first single, promote both) and let radio take to which ever they preferred ala Shape Of You and Castle On The Hill, and then Million reasons as second (third single) which clearly would have been successful like it was. Then if she wanted to release anymore, like John Wayne/The Cure/Maybe DiC she could have and at least if they didn't do amazingly, she'd still have had four decent singles out. And if that had been successful, Angel Down to round off the era as it could have become a classic ballad under the right circumstances. 

Speechless94

Are we really expecting like a full era of promoting ASIB music? Not that it's not going to slay, but I think the fact that it got moved up to April could be a strong indication that they don't plan to push it TOO heavily. I imagine a few talk shows and a performance or two but I DOUBT she's going to spend months only promoting songs from the soundtrack or that she would fully embody the Ally persona and make a full era out of it. 

I think it's definitely possible for her to promote a new solo album as well as push the movie appropriately. 

Free My Mind
9 hours ago, PrincessPeach said:

So it’s safe to say LG6 will follow ARTPOP/Joanne release and start the era late summer 2018?

either she’s gonna start the era in January so she can do it immediately so it doesn’t interfere with ASIB or she releases it a few months after (more likely)

I see no reason she can't promote her own new project alongside ASIB... in fact I see it to be optimal. 

When she's doing promo spots for ASIB she can namedrop the record, and when she's doing promo spots for the record she can namedrop the movie.

Also means she doesn't need to do 2 promo tours in the year... leaves more room for rest in 2018.

We need to let go of the fact that the ASIB soundtrack will be treated like a normal album... it won't be. We may get 1 single off of it to create hype, but even La La Land's soundtrack didn't have singles etc. and it was massively successful. I'm not saying the soundtrack will be bad, it just won't be an album era.

Archived