💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on the 2017 AMA Performance?

Reality

Thoughts on the 2017 AMA Performance?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy Gaga's 2017 AMA performance?

• I loved it!
    • I hated it (Where's #Frankensteined?!)!

Featured Posts

Reality

So, it's been a hell of a week full of rumors and debates over whether or not Gaga would perform/release new material at the AMA's. She didn't, in case you didn't know. She performed The Cure, and only  The Cure. And with this week finally over in terms of speculation and rumors, I want to know peoples' thoughts on the performance.

Did you guys enjoy it? Were you disappointed that she didn't perform anything new? What did you like and/or dislike about the performance? CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT ****ING OUTFIT?!

Personally,  I enjoyed every bit of it. I loved the outfit, I loved the transition between the acoustic and upbeat/tempo version, and I especially love the use of the stage/backdrops/special effects/and lighting. 

Here's the performance for those who haven't seen it yet:

🃏🖤👹

derpmonster

It was wonderful! <3

I just wish she'd practice singing in her head voice more, live. She prefers to sing in chest voice for most of the time live. This is why The Cure live performances are a little underwhelming vocally. Like something's a little off-key. In the studio version, she sings the whole thing in head voice except her signature, "I will be right by your side!" and chorus. I know she can! She did for the Applause bridge and Edge of Glory at JWT and the Sound of Music tribute. It's just tough.

Edit: Compare with most Million Reasons performances which sound *so* good (including AMA 2016). She sings that in a pretty comfortable key for her chest voice and can still make the riffs to the head voice easily ("which parts I should belieeeeeeiiiieeeevvveee") but can't use it for an extended period of time like in The Cure verses.

Edit: The first verse was great. Then it started going downhill except "I will be right by your side!" Notice how she quietened a little for the second chorus that had a backing track to be able to match that sound I guess. The bridge was a completely different key (much lower than in the studio version). I think she finally tried doing head voice at the end and that sounded great. Except the last line.

This is one of the few Gaga performances where there can be much vocal criticism. She's a wonderfully amazing singer still in the rest of her range. So good I sometimes think we don't deserve her (actually, we don't at all). And when she's able to properly use the high part, that's really great too! I'm sure it'll get better and more consistent with time.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Reality
13 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It was wonderful! <3

I just wish she'd practice singing in her head voice more, live. This is why The Cure live performances are a little underwhelming vocally. Like something's a little off-key. In the studio version, she sings the whole thing in head voice except her signature, "I will be right by your side!" and chorus. I know she can! She did for the Applause bridge and Edge of Glory at JWT and the Sound of Music tribute. It's just tough.

I can understand where you're coming from. Especially with the riffs and runs at the end, she can sound off-key sometimes.

🃏🖤👹

DoremonLove

I loved it she looked like an angel :giveup: loved the whole performance :giggle: and plus she won 

What am i gonna complain about  i am blessed :giveup:

How can anoyone not love gaga

13 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It was wonderful! <3

I just wish she'd practice singing in her head voice more, live. This is why The Cure live performances are a little underwhelming vocally. Like something's a little off-key. In the studio version, she sings the whole thing in head voice except her signature, "I will be right by your side!" and chorus. I know she can! She did for the Applause bridge and Edge of Glory at JWT and the Sound of Music tribute. It's just tough.

Same thing for her One America Appeal performance

queenmother

So what if she's gonna perform again with new song instead of The Cure at JWT? :gum:(you know because The Cure was already performed)

Reality
Just now, Borislshere said:

4 people hated it. Expose them rn

200.gif

Make that 5 :interestinga:

They better not be people complaining about "wHeRe'S fRaNkEnStEiNeD?! gAgA pRoMiSeD!"

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 minute ago, queenmother said:

So what if she's gonna perform again with new song instead of The Cure at JWT? :gum:(you know because The Cure was already performed)

Or what if she's going to perform The Cure twice :hor:

🃏🖤👹

Gov Hooka

I️ agreenwoth everyone saying she sounded offkey. It’s strange that she’s been consistently hitting a couple wrong notes in every Cure performance. 

Otherwise the piano was great at the beginning 

Borislshere
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Make that 5 :interestinga:

They better not be people complaining about "wHeRe'S fRaNkEnStEiNeD?! gAgA pRoMiSeD!"

If i see anyone use this as an excuse

giphy.gif

it was beautiful, my family was watching as well and they all loved it! a cute little bop with a great performance to show off the tour

Archived