Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Taylor sells so much?

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz

welp, besides those receipts of the ADELE stan i posted on other thread, i also found this on ATRL, thoughts on this and next post? @StrawberryBlond @sipthistea @fede ARTPOP @brit4ever

Does Taylor cheat her sales?

we all know Taylor's new album has three physical versions - the two magazines, and the regular CD. Of course both magazines will make super fans want them both, but after she stated that the content in both magazines are different, this is going to make more fans and casual collectors want both as well. On top of this, the standard CD of reputation includes a double sided poster - However, there are 5 different double sided posters put in CDs at random, so this is going to make more super fans and collectors want to get all 5 posters - even 10 for 2 of each, 1 poster each side - despite being unable to select which poster, meaning more copies being bought and likely duplicates being received. 

This is similar to 1989, in which there were 65 different numbered recreated polaroid pictures randomly put in copies - getting 1 out of 5 polaroid packs, with 13 pictures per pack. Again, you weren't able to chose what photos you got, and with 65 available polaroids, more super fans and collectors bought more and more copies to complete their collection of all 65 pictures, in the same way fans will now be trying to collect all 5 posters/2 of each.

swift8.jpg

This is a nice thing to do rather than just a standard CD, but is it cheating in a way? She knows fans will buy almost anything with her name on it, so having something like this meaning her fans will want to get a complete collection, meaning she knows this will increase her sales. So does she? 
Especially with the reports that each physical copy of reputation counts as 3 digital copies.. 

discuss  

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

PLUS THIS:

5 hours ago, sipthistea said:

Yesterday, I saw the announcement of the partnership between her and Ticketmaster. And it's literally a scam.

In order to get tickets and have a better place, they have to buy tons of unnecessary sh*t and by doing that they have better possibilities of getting tickets. :saladga:

This is ridiculous. And it's the same with the album posters, so that inflates the albums sales. 

23 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

oh well... lemme quote the tea an Adele fan  posted on ATRL

I don't like how she's exploiting loopholes/mugging off her fans to up her sales and I think it's her worst album to date, but legit mad? Nah.

The main one is attempting to quadruple count single UPS preorders by including 3 digital copies and then hiking the price fans pay so that divided by four each copy is enough to count for a sale.

Then there's equating buying her album to the right to buy tickets. Sure, plenty have done album bundles as of late (I don't agree with those either but w/e, another discussion entirely) but she is the only one to do this whole 'boost' concept, which is currently unregulated, and as I said, is hardcore mugging off her fans.

Also, keeping her album off streaming for a week. I know the response is 'but you're fav is Adele!111'... yes, but the principle is different. If Taylor had continued her position that she doesn't support streaming period, and only wanted her singles on there, or the album on paid services, fine. But the one-week window was with the intention to boost 1-week sales in desperate hopes of beating 25. Currently unregulated under current (streaming) rules.

Again, am I mad? No. I'm not being taken advantage of, you are.

The thing is that they were never told they were receiving four 'copies' when ordering. Their purchases were made with an intention to buy a bundle consisting of single CD copy and "never-before-seen photos from Taylor Swift's archive that you can't get anywhere else". See for yourself here.

It's not a package deal. A package deal would imply that Taylor was giving a copy with each purchased ticket, like other tour bundles. Instead, she is using fear of not getting a ticket as a tactic to get fans to buy the album up to 13 times to redeem codes in hopes of moving up in a supposed digital line. It's shady.

WELP

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Well, she has a great management team, I wouldn’t call that cheating

Gaga’s team should take notes tbh :laughga:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

ryanripley

i want gaga to do this, because i'd totally collect the posters

she's really making the most of her fanbase tbh so i wouldn't say that's cheating, just taking as much advantage of the fans as possible

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

NotMyFlop

Eh, It's not cheating. Smart business move to drum up sales. If you don't like it, don't buy extra copies of the album. Bundles are probably going to become the next big thing to boost album sales -- especially physical ones. 

Gaga selling 200k debut week for Joanne is so impressive considering you just bought the album. No tour tickets, no boost in line for tour tickets, no collectible items. 

Taylor is a selling FORCE to begin with, so now she's just making sure that continues to happen.

Flapjack

This is a similar strategy to what K-pop companies do with those little cards, raffle tickets to go to fan-signs and like 9 versions of albums. If there is a market to exploit then I guess companies can, it's smart. 

Gaga should do the whole 2 different album versions with different covers thing again. 

Edit: I already have multiple versions of the same record for her albums so I mean, I'd buy into it too.

Modern Ecstacy

No it's not cheating because her fans literally are buying another physical copy with their own money but it's a good marketing technique though. 

TCHIKITAH

She’s a total scam omg 😲 

giphy.gif

Edit: I’m joking guys! She’s obviously very smart! I now stab! I mean STAN!!! Gaga take notes!

FrankGutz

Basically if you take this, you will see is her hardcore fandom the ones buying over and over and over again the same record, just to get points for her tour + posters lamo, its not like that amount of ppl went to buy the record, someone was shook that she was selling the same amount as Britney did back then lmao, now we know why

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

She’s a total scam omg 😲 

a scam would be advertising the posters and not delivering etc

she's delivered what was promised and the fans aren't required to collect them all, her team just know they will so she's hardly scamming

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Weasel

It's not cheating more so than Gaga with her standard silver foil albums and limited edition HTF regular copies :classy:

FrankGutz
3 minutes ago, Aleks said:

Well, she has a great management team, I wouldn’t call that cheating

Gaga’s team should take notes tbh :laughga:

its low ke cheating tho, you are scamming charts making your fans buy multiple copies lol

3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i want gaga to do this, because i'd totally collect the posters

noT, i dont want her to be dragged for it, plus shes not like that, she is more worried about giving a message, create good music than beat Adele's record lol

2 minutes ago, maxblac said:

I think so, because then people buy it for the poster and not the album, so it's sorta cheating the charts.

and fans and stan twitter is acting like people are actually interested in the album plus everyone is buying the album when actually probably the 75% of sells are hardcore fans collecting stuff and earning points buying 10+ copies

2 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

Eh, It's not cheating. Smart business move to drum up sales. If you don't like it, don't buy extra copies of the album. Bundles are probably going to become the next big thing to boost album sales -- especially physical ones. 

Gaga selling 200k debut week for Joanne is so impressive considering you just bought the album. No tour tickets, no boost in line for tour tickets, no collectible items. 

Taylor is a selling FORCE to begin with, so now she's just making sure that continues to happen.

But why act like shes at her peak or shes the next best thing when its hardcore fans buying over and over the record lamo, it does feel like a scamm/cheat the charts lol

2 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

No it's not cheating because her fans literally are buying another physical copy with their own money but it's a good marketing technique though. 

well... if u want to spend that much for 1 piece of paper that is the only thing thats different,

1 minute ago, TCHIKITAH said:

She’s a total scam omg 😲 

i know, imagine stan a greedy snake

Archived