Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
economy

NAFTA Likely To End... Mexico & Canada Say USA Unreasonable and UnWorkable

Featured Posts

Economy   Paws Up 6,125
Economy

http://www.bnn.ca/canada-complains-of-u-s-inflexibility-as-key-nafta-talks-reopen-1.918653

Mexico and Canada are saying the talks are not going well and there is rising fear the deal may end up ending 

They claim Trumps administration is unwilling to budge or compromise on anything making negotiations virtually impossible to achieve.

jesse_batista

Economy   Paws Up 6,125
Economy

Heres an interesting fact. Excluding oil and energy, which the US cant produce all of its own yet and would have to buy from elsewhere if not from Canada, the US actually has a trade surplus with Canada

Canada buys most of its food (fresh food and pre-packaged) and machinery, cars etc from US

The trade surplus in 2016 was $16 Billion.

Yet trump says Canada steals manufacturing jobs from USA :air: 

oh btw all 3 Nations imports sometimes indirectly cause exports because a car for instance has parts bought from all 3 countries so its such a complex web thats its not as simple as export and import 1 item. Trump is dumb :rip: 

• Thanks 1
jesse_batista

thierryrreiht   Paws Up 6,621
thierryrreiht

Trump is winning in this..

Making several bi-lateral deals rather than some of the likes of NAFTA makes him more powerful, because he's "imposing" by himself so when he's with two or more other countries, he feels inferior. 

• Like 1

Economy   Paws Up 6,125
Economy
Just now, thierryrreiht said:

Making several bi-lateral deals rather than some of the likes of NAFTA makes him more powerful, because he's "imposing" by himself so when he's with two or more other countries, he feels inferior. 

Probably why he doesnt like TPP either. Its 11 Countries right now making it including mine

jesse_batista

tthen   Paws Up 3,672
tthen

Long live the new deal MexCa :poot:

• Love 1
Betty White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone

thierryrreiht   Paws Up 6,621
thierryrreiht
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Probably why he doesnt like TPP either. Its 11 Countries right now making it including mine

exactly why he hates it

btw it's mine too ;)

FrankGutz   Paws Up 6,927
FrankGutz
57 minutes ago, tthen said:

Long live the new deal MexCa :poot:

yep, i hope MEXICO and CANADA keep the good terms, im Mexican and i love Canada and Canadias, we dont need rednecks and **** ppl lol, he cant stay the **** alone lol :tony:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
ONLY POP FAVES: MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

Born To Slay   Paws Up 9,227
Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Heres an interesting fact. Excluding oil and energy, which the US cant produce all of its own yet and would have to buy from elsewhere if not from Canada, the US actually has a trade surplus with Canada

Canada buys most of its food (fresh food and pre-packaged) and machinery, cars etc from US

oh btw all 3 Nations imports sometimes indirectly cause exports because a car for instance has parts bought from all 3 countries so its such a complex web thats its not as simple as export and import 1 item. Trump is dumb :rip: 

What about America and Mexico?

Edited by Born To Slay

Solitaiire   Paws Up 1,808
Solitaiire
2 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

What about America and Mexico?

America??

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

• LMAO 1
Santa Tell Me was more Iconic than All I Want For Christmas, dont @ me

Born To Slay   Paws Up 9,227
Born To Slay
1 minute ago, Solitaiire said:

America??

We're the ones with the military that could wipe a continent off the map. Surely you've heard of us.

• Sad 1

Solitaiire   Paws Up 1,808
Solitaiire
Just now, Born To Slay said:

We're the ones with the military that could wipe a continent off the map. Surely you've heard of us.

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
Santa Tell Me was more Iconic than All I Want For Christmas, dont @ me

FrankGutz   Paws Up 6,927
FrankGutz
4 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

You misspelled the country with ppl fat, lazy and dumb tho? lol

Edited by FrankGutz
ONLY POP FAVES: MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

Luc   Paws Up 3,167
Luc
1 hour ago, thierryrreiht said:

Probably why he doesn't like (and doesn't understand) the EU. The only single market bigger and more powerful than the US.

1 hour ago, Economy said:

You know, Trump won't actually cancel NAFTA. I don't see that happening. The economic damage would be immense. But in all honesty NAFTA is a bit too well-negotiated by Bill Clinton, e.g. on agriculture, farmers in Southern US stole the jobs of rural Mexico which pretty much directly led to the drug war there. And getting an even better deal for the US would have negative consequences in some other way, because a bad situation on the border with Mexico is bad for the US too. And Canada is way too intertwined with the US in a number of ways for the GOP in Congress to just let him pull out of NAFTA.. that would cost a lot of jobs and negatively impact the US's investments for a long time.

• Like 1