💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Reputation Sales: 1.29M

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

This is some AKB48 level promo ****, but somehow seems more insidious and manipulative :noparty:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz
3 hours ago, sipthistea said:

Yesterday, I saw the announcement of the partnership between her and Ticketmaster. And it's literally a scam.

In order to get tickets and have a better place, they have to buy tons of unnecessary sh*t and by doing that they have better possibilities of getting tickets. :saladga:

This is ridiculous. And it's the same with the album posters, so that inflates the albums sales. 

honestly, i would feel so used and dumb to do all of this when u can go to a tour of everyone without doing all of this, but for some reason her fandom is so alienated that they cant tell they are used, thats why shes local af lmao

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

StrawberryBlond

I just don't get how she's got all these sales despite a lead single that only stayed at #1 for 3 weeks (Shake It Off lasted longer than that), a second single that hasn't gone #1 (Blank Space did), promo singles that haven't taken off, some musical risks and a huge hate campaign against her. Anyone else would have been lucky to get 200k sales after all that but for some reason, Taylor keeps raking it in. I predicted that this would be the album that wouldn't sell 1 million first week, what with general albums sales being in the pits. Even if she came very close (989k or something), it couldn't be 1 million. It just couldn't be, especially as the build-up wasn't as successful as 1989, not to mention everything else. There's some serious shady dealings going on here. Something is not right and that isn't even talking about all the fans buying multiple copies for this loyalty scheme (which still hurts my brain to think about, so I give up).

33 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

honestly, i would feel so used and dumb to do all of this when u can go to a tour of everyone without doing all of this, but for some reason her fandom is so alienated that they cant tell they are used, thats why shes local af lmao

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't stand to be a fan of an artist who was so blatantly greedy and elitist. What gets me is, what fans are buying multiple copies? I don't know any parent who would allow their kid to buy more than one copy, because the parents are the ones paying and they think that's ridiculous. And as for her adult fans, well, they won't want to waste their hard-earned money on unnecessary purchases, not to mention, they're hopefully be too smart to fall for this scheme, seeing right through it as just a way for Taylor to get more money. So, who is buying multiple copies? There's got to be more to it. When her fanbase was majority kids and teens, she could get away with her antics but now that she's branched out into an adult fanbase, she needs to stop doing stuff like forbidding her music from streaming, not having the album on streaming for the first week, inventing elaborate scams to stand a higher chance of getting tour tickets. Adults are smart and don't stand for that nonsense. Adults don't like being played for fools. F**k with adults and your fanbase is going to take a dent.

brit4ever
21 hours ago, JR Gg said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Gaga's sales may not be as great as Britney's, but I can assure you Gaga's impact and exposure is far greater than Britney's. She was the most famous person in the world and everyone knew who is Lady Gaga. TF/TFM/BTW changed the entertainment industry for good. TF/ TFM made EDM popular and BTW made everyone more outspoken about social issues in their music. Don't even talk about Gaga's fashion. She is a CFDA fashion icon and among TIME's most influential fashion figures. She's also voted as TIME's 2nd most influential person of the last decade. 

I'm not undermining Britney's success or anything, but Gaga was the epitome of a pop superstar. :gaycat:

I know exactly what I am talking about, you are the one who doesn't. Gaga was everything you said, but Britney was that x5 and probably more. There were literaly people that were exact coppies of Britney after BOMT(Mandy Moore, Xtina, Jessica Simpson) there were people that were labeled as anty-Britneys(P!nk and Avril Lavign), Eminem and every other popular artist at the time included her in her songs, Beyonce(Destiny's Child) used to open for her on her tours. Britney's face was on everything(and by everything I mean literaly everything, from backpacks and pencilcases to sunglasses, tooth brushes and even toilet paper(:air:). There were even Barbie dolls of her. Only two years in her career she was performing with Michael Jackson, Aerosmith and Madonna also performing at The Super Bowl. 60% of the magazines sold from 2000-08 in the USA were magazines about Britney. Britney is still the best selling female album artist of the 21st century. In 2000 thousands of people gathered only to see her wave from the window:

(11:05)

Gaga is a fashion icon, but because of  the crazy outfits she wore, Britney was dictating the fashion and all the girls dressed as her and wanted to be her, all the boys wanted to date her, everyone was talking about her all the time You were obviously not born/were litle in the early 00s if you think Gaga's peak was bigger. Gaga was realy big and popular, but Britney was way bigger, you can't realy imagine how much. Gaga was the closest to Britney's peek, but never realy reached it.

LordEnigma
On 11/18/2017 at 4:48 PM, brit4ever said:

When you had to move your ass from your house, wait 1 hour on a line at the shop and literaly fight for a coppy and when you couldn't ship albums to friend via iTunes or purchase 1 album online and get 2/3/4 and etc for free via promotion or smth.and 1.31 Million people actualy went to the shop and spent their time on buying that album. And for a comparisson Xtina, P!nk and JLo also reeased music at that time, but Britney is the one with 2 Diamond albums. :reductive: 

But you have to admit - What Taylor did is IMPRESSIVE.

And with your logic, album sales would be flying through the roof if it’s so easy to buy them now 🤔 I’m not shading Britney but just because Taylor didn’t break her record - doesn’t mean Taylor’s sales are less impressive.

scallywally

I like them all I really do but yes Brits A list Gaga (shes amazing) is B. (For the general public, not me). She sold out 4 years in Vegas and never walked around or be known for wearing kermits or a telephone on her head. Gagas the better singer and artist of course but she hasn't got the iconic status yet. She may do after ASIB. She deserves it.

Taylor iconic? shes talented famous, brilliant but still nowhere in the league of having an iconic status as MJ Prince Whitneyy Madonna Britney Gaga, Adele. Hope she does, shes doing amazing, love the album but she doesn't stand out the same. (sorry) I still love her though. I don't think shes found her path yet or had her like a prayer/fame monster/ray of light/purple rain/erotica/ blackout/confessions yet. I hope its in her shes hopefully brewing with it. Shes got the talent.

brit4ever
7 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

But you have to admit - What Taylor did is IMPRESSIVE.

And with your logic, album sales would be flying through the roof if it’s so easy to buy them now 🤔 I’m not shading Britney but just because Taylor didn’t break her record - doesn’t mean Taylor’s sales are less impressive.

I'm not discrediting Taylor, I even bought Reputation, I was just happy that OOps is still the second best selling female album. 

FrankGutz
9 hours ago, brit4ever said:

I know exactly what I am talking about, you are the one who doesn't. Gaga was everything you said, but Britney was that x5 and probably more. There were literaly people that were exact coppies of Britney after BOMT(Mandy Moore, Xtina, Jessica Simpson) there were people that were labeled as anty-Britneys(P!nk and Avril Lavign), Eminem and every other popular artist at the time included her in her songs, Beyonce(Destiny's Child) used to open for her on her tours. Britney's face was on everything(and by everything I mean literaly everything, from backpacks and pencilcases to sunglasses, tooth brushes and even toilet paper(:air:).

the first and real Princess of Pop :tony:   iconic times tbh, since then i only can think of Gaga as amazing, cant believe Jessica Simpson didnt survived and i wouldnt imagine Xtina were gonna end that tragic, she was huge, not at Britney level but yeah, at least Mandy kept doing some stuff until ha revival :tony:  legends Britney and Mandy won, one singin and the other acting :tony:

8 hours ago, scallywally said:

I like them all I really do but yes Brits A list Gaga (shes amazing) is B. (For the general public, not me). She sold out 4 years in Vegas and never walked around or be known for wearing kermits or a telephone on her head. Gagas the better singer and artist of course but she hasn't got the iconic status yet. She may do after ASIB. She deserves it.

Taylor iconic? shes talented famous, brilliant but still nowhere in the league of having an iconic status as MJ Prince Whitneyy Madonna Britney Gaga, Adele. Hope she does, shes doing amazing, love the album but she doesn't stand out the same. (sorry) I still love her though. I don't think shes found her path yet or had her like a prayer/fame monster/ray of light/purple rain/erotica/ blackout/confessions yet. I hope its in her shes hopefully brewing with it. Shes got the talent.

Gaga has been iconic and a legend for a few years already, wyd

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, brit4ever said:

I'm not discrediting Taylor, I even bought Reputation, I was just happy that OOps is still the second best selling female album. 

second? whos at first? Shania's Come on Over or Mariah? or is it Madge's Celebration?

3 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

second? whos at first? Shania's Come on Over or Mariah? or is it Madge's Celebration?

25 by adele

You will learn respect!

brit4ever
22 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

In overall sales I think #1 is Come on Over, it's 22-3 times Platinum or more. Oops was the best selling album in the first week by a female artist for 15 years with 1.31 Million first week sales until Adele broke it with 25 selling 3.3 Million albums in one week.

WitnessEye

Taylor is not marketing genius - her team is. This is not all her idea, I guess. I think she has better managment and people she works with, and they are making the album concept and what her next era would like to be. Don't get confused guys

Archived