music news

Reputation Sales: 1.29M

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

Guess we can congratutate her for her sales. What a young talented businesswoman.

'Cause the album, let me tell you :poot:

>1 million sales were made during the first 4 days compared to just <300k in the last 3 days. We shall see how much it does next week.

DelusionalGaga

I'm still clueless how she did it. Like did people hear LWYMMD or RFI on the radio and actually thought "oh wow I need to hear more of that"? It's good but not THAT good 

200w.gif

1 minute ago, BenG said:

>1 million sales were made during the first 4 days compared to just <300k in the last 3 days. We shall see how much it does next week.

I thought she was gonna put it on Spotify after the first week so the streaming makes 2nd weeks # high, but I guess no Spotify yet :giveup:

Haroon

A great album and it deserves each and every one of those sales in my opinion :applause: Can't wait to see what she has in store for the rest of the era :woot:

2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I thought she was gonna put it on Spotify after the first week so the streaming makes 2nd weeks # high, but I guess no Spotify yet :giveup:

The album tracks are no longer album only, which will boost the TEA this week.

She's extracting as much consumer surplus as possible from a business standpoint.

TimisaMonster

I see those free triple downloads came in handy... :madge:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I'm still clueless how she did it. Like did people hear LWYMMD or RFI on the radio and actually thought "oh wow I need to hear more of that"? It's good but not THAT good 

200w.gif

oh well... lemme quote the tea an Adele fan  posted on ATRL

I don't like how she's exploiting loopholes/mugging off her fans to up her sales and I think it's her worst album to date, but legit mad? Nah.

The main one is attempting to quadruple count single UPS preorders by including 3 digital copies and then hiking the price fans pay so that divided by four each copy is enough to count for a sale.

Then there's equating buying her album to the right to buy tickets. Sure, plenty have done album bundles as of late (I don't agree with those either but w/e, another discussion entirely) but she is the only one to do this whole 'boost' concept, which is currently unregulated, and as I said, is hardcore mugging off her fans.

Also, keeping her album off streaming for a week. I know the response is 'but you're fav is Adele!111'... yes, but the principle is different. If Taylor had continued her position that she doesn't support streaming period, and only wanted her singles on there, or the album on paid services, fine. But the one-week window was with the intention to boost 1-week sales in desperate hopes of beating 25. Currently unregulated under current (streaming) rules.

Again, am I mad? No. I'm not being taken advantage of, you are.

The thing is that they were never told they were receiving four 'copies' when ordering. Their purchases were made with an intention to buy a bundle consisting of single CD copy and "never-before-seen photos from Taylor Swift's archive that you can't get anywhere else". See for yourself here.

It's not a package deal. A package deal would imply that Taylor was giving a copy with each purchased ticket, like other tour bundles. Instead, she is using fear of not getting a ticket as a tactic to get fans to buy the album up to 13 times to redeem codes in hopes of moving up in a supposed digital line. It's shady.

WELP

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

TheRoof

Wow , her best first week sales , in 2017  in streaming , trump america and rap era , just wow :giveup:

but most important Oops!... I Did It Again wig is safe 

5ML7O.gif

congrats Taylor tho :bon:

Delusional Aura
38 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

well we all wanted the pop girls to save the charts

Hide contents

just not her :selena: 

Better her than that mess witness 

badgirlmeat
7 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I see those free triple downloads came in handy... :madge: