Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

o<(0_0)>o Justice League Review

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I went to see the new Justice League movie yesterday and this is my review.

justice-league-poster.jpg

To start, JL is definitely not a great movie but is also not a terrible one. The main issues with the movie are the editing/pacing and the villain. The pacing in this movie is very fast. It feels like they are rushing the origin stories of the new JL superheroes just to team them up. The movie also goes from dark and serious tones to lighthearted and funny ones in a heartbeat. The villain (Steppenwolf), is just the typical villain that wants to destroy and conquer everything. There really is nothing deeper to the villain than this.

The best aspects of the movie are definitely the superheroes, their interactions, and the action. Despite the fact that they don't get a whole lot of time to develop, they all get shining moments in the movie and they also have great chemistry with one another. The Flash is funny, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are charismatic, and Batman and Cyborg provide a nice serious tone. In other words the main point of this movie is to see justice being served by a team of great superheroes, and they definitely succeeded where it mattered most. In general this movie very messy but also very fun and entertaining. 

Score:7/10

If you have any question about JL, feel free to ask me.

TimisaMonster

My dad saw it today and read comics and even HE didn't know who the villain was...he thought it was Darkseid :smh:

But yes...even without watching new they would rush origin stories and pacing would therfore be very rushed and off....therfore resulting in bland dialogue between characters and typical and predictable plot points...

Looks cool visually, but that only will get so many people into those seats and then there's the story that will keep them there...based on box office numbers...they underperformed with high expectations

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

5 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

My dad saw it today and read comics and even HE didn't know who the villain was...he thought it was Darkseid :smh:

But yes...even without watching new they would rush origin stories and pacing would therfore be very rushed and off....therfore resulting in bland dialogue between characters and typical and predictable plot points...

Looks cool visually, but that only will get so many people into those seats and then there's the story that will keep them there...based on box office numbers...they underperformed with high expectations

Steppenwolf in not a very well known character. Apparently he is Darkseid's uncle in the comics. But yes, the movie does feel rushed. However, when the superheroes are together, the movie becomes very fun. 

TimisaMonster
23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Steppenwolf in not a very well known character. Apparently he is Darkseid's uncle in the comics. But yes, the movie does feel rushed. However, when the superheroes are together, the movie becomes very fun. 

Smart move WB... :smh:

I read that Warner sent out an official order that the movie couldn’t be more than 2 hours long, which most likely affected the pace and led to it feeling rushed. They’re all a bunch of money hungry idiots :saladga:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

5 hours ago, tthen said:

I don't plan to watch, but was it more coherent than BvS or Suicide Mess? 

Yes. The story is simple and rushed, but clear and coherent.

4 hours ago, Rescued said:

I read that Warner sent out an official order that the movie couldn’t be more than 2 hours long, which most likely affected the pace and led to it feeling rushed. They’re all a bunch of money hungry idiots :saladga:

That explains a lot. The problem here is that if they had released a movie for each of the new characters before releasing Justice League, then the duration this movie has would have been fine. But because we did not know much about cyborg, aquaman, and the flash in this universe, they rushed their background stories just to team them up. This is sad because they are actually great once they are teamed up.

7 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Steppenwolf is definitely in the comics ( I read them) but he isn't featured as often as Darkseid. I think they brought him out solely so they didn't use Darkseif immediately which is fair as he's one of the biggest bads in the D.C. Universe

7 hours ago, Quark said:

But also something of his right hand man. Like, a true precursor to the big bad. Still doesn't really warrant a villain status, though imo

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

But also something of his right hand man. Like, a true precursor to the big bad. Still doesn't really warrant a villain status, though imo

I think Steppenwolf does warrant villain status. But they did not make him interesting enough in the movie. Anyways I think that the main villain will end up being Darkseid, and they are starting his arc now. 

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Steppenwolf is definitely in the comics ( I read them) but he isn't featured as often as Darkseid. I think they brought him out solely so they didn't use Darkseif immediately which is fair as he's one of the biggest bads in the D.C. Universe

Ok, but they couldn't introduce someone a little more recognizable? Lol 

RAMROD
Just now, TimisaMonster said:

Steppenwolf is the best choice since they plan to make Darkseid as the final boss for their next JL movie. He is the key that open the pandora box in this DC universe. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

4 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

What they honestly should have done was just introduce him as the thing coming instead of heavily alluding to Darkseid. OR better explain Steppenwolf's purpose in the heirarchy of intergalactic cosmic villainy. Because like you said, he's not recognizable and also, frankly, not very interesting to anyone he *is* recognizable to :laughga: Like, yeah, it's logic of building to Darkseid as the big bad but it's also one of those things where the script falls short because Loki served the same purpose and Avengers was okay.

6 hours ago, Quark said:

I think Steppenwolf does warrant villain status. But they did not make him interesting enough in the movie. Anyways I think that the main villain will end up being Darkseid, and they are starting his arc now. 

Oh he definitely is the ultimate evil and that's for one obvious reason: there are very few threats that can actually pose a challenge to the League especially in the DCEU with how powerful the heroes are that are iconic and also one being as opposed to an army or some other larger, less defined threat. Darkseid and Apokolips are one of those threats and the other would be the Anti-Monitor but he's so complicated that there's no way they'd do it. Plus, Darkseid has an army of parademons at his command which means that he's a great Hollywood villain as you don't really have to embellish the character for the screen. He's big, strong, evil and has an army of scary minions. I agree Steppenwolf could be interesting but he falls short by being what Loki was in the Avengers just executed more poorly.

Archived