Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Expect the ASIB Trailer in Feb 2018

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

The ASIB trailer is coming in February and I have receipts.

D17537F99B5E016315A850EE046FAE33.gif

I came across this article that investigated how far in advance movie trailers are released. The author studied 1,000 movies released between 2000 and 2016. They looked at "the date its first online trailer was released and then compared that to the movie’s eventual US theatrical release date." 

The author found that "there were significant differences by genre, with the earliest trailers being for movies aimed at families and traditionally expensive genres such as adventure and fantasy.  Animation films typically had their first trailer released 217 days before the movie was released, compared to just 101 days for romantic films."

Movie-trailer-delay-by-genre.png?resize=

ASIB falls under "Romance", "Drama", and "Music". That's a range of about 100-115 days prior to release. Considering the May 18, 2018 release date, that puts the release of the trailer between January 23 and February 7, 2018. You know what else is happening during those two weeks?

The Grammys (January 28)

tumblr_olanrgjCEp1ryx593o3_r1_500.gif

If we stretch the range a bit further, it could also mean The Oscars (March 4). Does this confirm that Gaga will be performing at these events? And a commercial break following her performance will debut the trailer? Possibly :madge:

If you aren't convinced, consider this: 

The romantic drama film "Everything, Everything" was initially slated to be released by Warner Brothers (the same company distributing ASIB) in the late summer of 2017, but was moved up to May 19, 2017.

Sound familiar? :selena:

MV5BMjAzMTE1NzQxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjcwa-star-is-born-2018-matthew-libatique-dp.jpg

Its trailer was released around mid-February this year, which confirms what I've said above.

The bad news is that "Everything, Everything" only got a 45% on Rotten Tomatoes. The good news is that it did well at the box office. The moral of the story is: bling, not the tomatoes. 

11jvymh.jpg

joanoflark

Great Investigation. I'm impressed. You convinced me. :hug:

3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The moral of the story is: bling, not the tomatoes. 

11jvymh.jpg

this is too funny

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

PerfectIllusion

Omg imagine if they debut the trailer on Oscars before Gaga's performance of the theme song!!!

16 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Omg imagine if they debut the trailer on Oscars before Gaga's performance of the theme song!!!

They only allow in memorial performances, tributes and nominated songs. :lana:

PerfectIllusion
1 minute ago, Wixson said:

They only allow in memorial performances, tributes and nominated songs. :lana:

They can make an exception for their best performer :classy:

12 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

They can make an exception for their best performer :classy:

We better start harassing them. :creepflop:

PunkTheFunk
16 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

wait didn't they say its coming during the ama's?

They probably got this info from GGD :madge:

Archived