Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Exclusive Details on Gaga's Halftime Show 

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

There's a website called 'LiveDesignOnline' which has a 70 minutes long documentary/presentation of Gaga's Halftime Show.They talk about the stage design,the concept and all the BTS details about the show.You can watch the whole presentation by registering on this website. Once you register,you will get the access to the presentation and BTS photos.

I just finished watching the whole presentation and I've summed up the details that I found interesting-

-Gaga was always so open to explore different ideas.Sometimes she was overexcited which led to long meetings 'cuz there were so many ideas flying around and they could not decide what to choose and what not to.

-Gaga was very clear from the beginning that she wanted a vertical vibe to the stage.

-When the halftime show guys went to Gaga's house to discuss the show the day after the election, Gaga was emotional and she said I'm not here to protest. I want visuals that connect everybody . We need everybody to come together. 

-They said that the whole set was made in such a way that the public would be able to interpret it in their own way. The stars on the set were meant to show how the stars from above(the american flag) have fallen on the ground.

gaga_21.jpg?w=620

-When you look at the stage,you'd think is it in future or is it post apocalyptic. You don't understand what it is and that's what they were going for. The set design was Ancient -modern mix and that's what Gaga is. She's not not afraid to sing with Tony Bennett one day and rock out with Metallica the next day. With the stage design, they wanted something that Gaga has never done before.The set was true to her who she is on so many levels.

-The Towers could represente the torch of 'Statue of Liberty' or a building.The whole set had a Gotham like vibe. Since Gaga is from New York,it was very fitting for her. 

-The set consisted different pieces and it was unified by the audience. Its the unity of them that brought everything together.They used some old objects and some shiny objects to give it a theatrical vibe.With the falling stars,they were able to create islands of star fragments and pathways and stuff.

8Xw4aaQ.png

-When the director first met Gaga at her house in Malibu,he thanked her for her National Anthem because for him Gaga's NA told a story. Him and Gaga wanted to continue that same story with the Halftime show. For the Superbowl viewers,the last image of Gaga was her singing the National Anthem. So the idea was to pick up where she left off before she goes into the show.Her Nation Anthem was a stepping stone for the HF show.

The one thing they didn't want was that to not use any videos/LED floor/projections (like the one in Katy, Beyonce', Coldplay and Madonna's show) It's been done so many times and they wanted to step away from that.They wanted an organic vibe so they ditched the idea of using LED floor.

-The Towers were called "The Torches of Liberty"inspired by 'Statue of Liberty'

2R1PTir.png

jqyN9Tn.png

-They found a picture of people holding up torches  on the internet (or something like that, I don't remember exactly) and that's how the idea of field cast came.

020517gagahalftimesb51img10.jpg
-The setlist was difficult to make but the makers think Gaga did a great job. The Superbowl viewers are some Gaga fans and some non Gaga fans and she communicated with all of them perfectly through the setlist.

-They wanted a classic Superbowl ending where everybody's using their cell phones and they are glad how successful it was.

-Throughtout the whole presentation, they kept praising Richy and his work ethic and skills. They were very impressed the way he choreographed the pyro techniques and the smoke.

-What the director found so awesome about Gaga was that she is always on and then he pointed at this picture how she was posing for the photographers even when she was falling down.

PlhjtGk.png

He couldn't find a photo where it wasn't a perfect scenario or perfect feeling.he thought even out of focus photos looked cool.

relk9xY.png

gQdl5vV.png

Uf9QYRY.png

Cw5WyA1.png

vbzsf95.png

-Gaga got the flying stunt in mere 2-3 attempts. She landed perfectly, flipped perfectly like she's been doing this forever.

-The director was worried if the jump was big enough but the combination of choreography,the flips,the stunts and the towers made it complete.When they first used the smoke for the performance, it made the floor kinda slippery. so the director called some chemical engineers and they gave him a chemical which fixed this issue.

-They wanted the field cast to give magic carpet kind of vibe.It took them massive effort to make those 800 Glo motion torches.

JRGtzGG.png

-The field cast and glo motion torch was an organic/human way of doing the LED screen/projection. It was more interective and that was the most intriguing part. Symbolically,they were torches.It gave the whole show a soul.It unified the field cast and audience members and that was Gaga's message for this performance.

2YXdgZS.png

Eu2H5KU.png

nVFUkjG.png

ByMOqsB.png

This was the first time they used a 3D print model for Gaga's show.With this year's HS,the director was sure that it would turn eye balls.

yI1ZceT.png

-Seeing Gaga catching the football was the most nerve wrecking thing for the makers.

-The makers think this was the most organic,natural,free flowing collaboration for them.

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss

Now that you've read all the details,relive this iconic moment by watching this acclaimed performance :gaycat: 

GAGASLAYME

my first thought after she catched the football at the end was,

what if she didn't catch it?or it hit her in the face?:selena:

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

The Child

Why aren't those pics in HQ? :(

I loved the summary you wrote, it makes me love the show even more! :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

DoremonLove

Wow at so much of planning and execution for the show of 13 minutes so much hardwork:golfclap:

I always feel so proud of her whenever i watch the SBHS:tony:

How can anoyone not love gaga

yASSsss

I've spent a lot of time on writing this OP. don't let this thread flop :interestinga:

yASSsss
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Why aren't those pics in HQ? :(

I loved the summary you wrote, it makes me love the show even more! :giveup:

I screengrabbed the pics from the presentation for you all to see . this is the best I could do :selena:

Oriane

Wow ! I should really watch it, it sounds so interesting ! I didn't know it had all of these meanings.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

yASSsss
Just now, Oriane said:

Wow ! I should really watch it, it sounds so interesting ! I didn't know it had all of these meanings.

their inspiration behind the towers and the stars is so well thought. It gives the performance a whole new meaning :giveup: 

andy232000

I remember they said it was very lowkey political, not I can see it was very politial in sublte ways that make it even more significant. I never imagined the stars on the field were the stars falling from the flag! Amazing  

Archived