12 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

170k, 300k is for platinum in uk

Mess, UK liddos it's joanne season still this year. #PromoteOurGirl

PerfectGUY
10 hours ago, BloodyMonster said:

My take on the Pop Field Grammy Noms

Best Pop Solo Performance

Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

Pros: Kelly holds the record for the most nominations in this category, she's a Recording Academy favorite
Cons: Not a very popular song, not as well known as the other nominees

Kesha - Praying

Pros: Was popular at the time of voting, women may be inclined to vote for it due to Kesha's rape situation
Cons: Kesha doesn't have the best Grammy track record, this is her first Grammy nom

Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

Pros: Performed at the Super Bowl for the whole academy to see, includes writers who are Grammy favorites
Cons: Came out a long time ago, could be forgotten at the time of voting

P!nk - What About Us

Pros: Very recent and fresh in peoples' heads, she's a safe vote and well liked
Cons: Not the type of song that is usually awarded, probably not popular enough

Ed Sheehan - Shape of You

Pros: By far the most popular song of the nominees, Ed is a previous winner in the category
Cons: It was shut out of the general categories when thought to be a shoe-in

Best Pop Vocal Album

Coldplay - Kaleidoscope EP

Pros: Coldplay is generally well liked amongst most people, a very safe vote
Cons: Its an EP not a full album, didn't sell very well

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life

Pros: Lana is generally acclaimed, she is a previous nominee in this category
Cons: Did not sell too well, not the most popular album and could have difficulty gathering votes

Imagine Dragons - Evolve

Pros: It proceeded two well known recent hits, generally liked by the public
Cons: Imagine Dragons aren't as big of a name as some of the other nominees, album is critically panned

Kesha - Rainbow

Pros: Critically acclaimed, got good reviews and has a high metacritic score
Cons: Didn't perform as well commercially as the other nominees

Lady Gaga - Joanne

Pros: Gaga is a previous winner, she is the biggest name on the list and the album sold quite well
Cons: Not too critically acclaimed, came out a while ago

Ed Sheehan - Divide

Pros: By far sold the most out of any nominee, the album is still proceeding hits
Cons: Lackluster reviews, the album itself isn't as well known as the singles

Good points

You should also have mentioned that Gaga / Kesha / Lana reach the same audiences and therefore their votes will be split up as Ed Sheeran is a man who reaches to a different category of people

PlanetChromatica
3 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

Updated UK sales:

“Joanne - Gaga's fifth studio record - peaked at Number 3 on the Official Albums Chart in October 2016. The collection has been certified Gold in the UK with sales of 130,000.“

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/lady-gagas-joanne-uk-arena-tour-support-announced__21510/

Shows how bad sales are now, you really have to FIGHT for physical sales, Gaga did promo here for Joanne but there was very little radio support which really drives song and album sales.

UK Sales

The Fame/Monster - 2,940,000 

Born This Way - 989,000

ARTPOP - 207,243

Phoebe Buffay
2 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Shows how bad sales are now, you really have to FIGHT for physical sales, Gaga did promo here for Joanne but there was very little radio support which really drives song and album sales.

UK Sales

The Fame/Monster - 2,940,000 

Born This Way - 989,000

ARTPOP - 207,243

Born This Way crossed 1m in the UK. It's close to 1.1m

Phoebe Buffay
3 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

Do you guys think that Gaga can reach over 200k first week sales with her next record?

Yes, ofc. She did it with Joanne so I don't see a problem with the next record. :shrug: 

ArtGagaPop
6 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

Do you guys think that Gaga can reach over 200k first week sales with her next record?

yes, her streaming should be better and pure sales about the same/higher thanks to superbowl. 

Biagio2103

It's obvious that Pop Solo and Pop Album are between Kesha-Gaga-Ed. I don't see Lana winning a Grammy ever, I feel like the Academy thinks she's a soft version of Björk, they can nominate her as many time as they want, but she will (unfortunately) never win. Imagine Dragons is just a filling nominee this time, at least on Pop Album. And Coldplay... they haven't won a Grammy since she stole Record of the Year from Beyoncé (lol), they're not Grammy-favorite anymore because the quality of their music has declined a lot. The Academy just doesn't like P!nk, they still doesn't see her as a mature artist. And Kelly is still a Grammy-favorite, which is why her nominations are almost asure every year, but she's not very successful to win again. 

I'm only good at being bad

nattuggla
2 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

yes, her streaming should be better and pure sales about the same/higher thanks to superbowl. 

I think if her album will be more Pop again it will do better in Europe and Asia compared to Joanne.

Does anyone no if gaga is free on the 28th of February. She needs to do some promo here in the UK and that's when the Brits are would be the perfect start for LG6.

Baepsae

After "This Is Me" got stuck in my head and got me in my feels i can't wait to hear what anthem Gaga's gonna deliver in ASIB :giveup:

This masterpiece deserves better:

bloody g
1 hour ago, nattuggla said:

Yeah

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived