Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Is Gaga’s Most Personal Album?

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

NotMyFlop

i was at the louisville show (loved every second of it), but during one of her speeches, she discussed that people call joanne her most personal album, but said that if you knew her, that’s debatable?

what do you think is her most personal album? 

i have always thought it was born this way. it has songs about her love life, her grandpa and overall her values, faith and messages she loves. :hor:

None of the albums were not personal. Each reflects her mind state at the time. To me I think ARTPOP reflects her life the most, both professional and personal life. Joanne is more like her family and love life.

JudasIsAHolyFoo

I feel ARTPOP is because she poured her heart and soul into that album. She had created this massive concept for art and creative rebellion and loving yourself as much as you love your art. She reflected on things that meant a lot to her, Fashion, her fans, her struggles with drugs, her artistic ability, especially all this after having her management leave her due to her breaking her hip prior to the albums release

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

They're all different...?

The Fame = her self-fulfilled destiny and mantra, the vehicle through which her dreams were realized and accomplished
The Fame Monster = her paranoia and fear embodied through the therapy of pop performance art
Born This Way = personal manifesto through turmoil and dejection, anthem for self-love and acceptance
ARTPOP = relinquishing her pain through music, succumbing to the darkness to allow in the light
C2C = honoring the art of songwriting and the art of the human voice
Joanne = re-centering herself with family, relishing in her influences, gaining composure as an adult woman

All are personal and necessary to the growth of Gaga/Stefani as an artist and as a human.

❤ x ❤

PerfectIllusion

All of them are personal cuz she writes mostly about herself but Joanne is the most deep i would say.

AlexanderMagno

I think she really gave everything she is into Born This Way. Probably not her most personal (as in family/love/life), but it is her most soulful.

ARTPOP is the closest to her life story I think. She talks about every aspect of her life, specially after she became famous, so thematically it's very personal. But musically it strays too much from her feelings, the recycled instrumentals and production overall are not very soulful.

Joanne is personal in some songs I guess, but toned down =/= personal. Apart from Joanne, it's not as personal as BTW or ARTPOP.

PerfectIllusion
3 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Joanne is personal in some songs I guess, but toned down =/= personal. Apart from Joanne, it's not as personal as BTW or ARTPOP.

But on ARTPOP she talks about the life of "Lady Gaga". Joanne is about her as a human being not superstar she shared some stuff that is very rare in pop music like dying friend, her family...

28 minutes ago, Easy said:

None of the albums were not personal. Each reflects her mind state at the time. To me I think ARTPOP reflects her life the most, both professional and personal life. Joanne is more like her family and love life.

THIS & Agreed :golfclap:

Archived