🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

Bryan Cranston Defends Weinstein/Spacey

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23   Paws Up 15,761
DiscoHeaven23

This made me sick reading. 

Why speak out in support this early?

Why so willing to forgive sexual assault ON THIS MAGNITUDE so early? Makes it seem like he has some ghosts in his closet or lacks morals

Bryan Cranston expressed some controversial thoughts during a recent interview with BBC in which he said the possibility of Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein making a comeback following multiple allegations of sexual harassment and abuse isn’t entirely out of the question. Cranston said both disgraced men could find a way back into Hollywood’s good graces if they show society they are “truly sorry.”

If they were to show us that they put the work in and were truly sorry and making amends and not defending their actions but asking for forgiveness then maybe down the road there is room for that.

“We shouldn’t close it off and say, ‘To hell with him, rot, and go away from us for the rest of your life.’ Let’s not do that. Let’s be bigger than that. Let’s leave it open for the few who can make it through that gauntlet of trouble and who have reclaimed their life and their dignity and their respect for others. Maybe it’s possible.”

Um no.

just no.

and....

NO.

la-et-mg-bryan-cranston-donald-trump-can

Source: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/bryan-cranston-believes-kevin-spacey-harvey-weinstein-second-chance-sexual-harassment-1201897266/

Edited by DiscoHeaven23

FATCAT   Paws Up 27,080
FATCAT

Well, I think they could have a place down the line. That being said, it's not an easy feat, and Bryan Cranston didn't say anything wrong. 

• Like 16
████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░ President of GagaDaily ░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████

The witch   Paws Up 1,276
The witch

Didn't Bryan Cranston suported trump?:lolly:

They burning all the witches.

Glamourpuss   Paws Up 1,021
Glamourpuss

I think it shows that Bryan Cranston has a good heart if he thinks these men are worthy of redemption.

But on the other hand, unless he's a victim he should keep his mouth shut. 

Edited by Glamourpuss
  • Like 9

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, The witch said:

Didn't Bryan Cranston suported trump?:lolly:

he defended him, much like he did these two men, saying that he would say **** you to someone who hoped Trump failed

• Like 1

RainbowBlonde   Paws Up 8,890
RainbowBlonde

Well...I think in this age forgiveness is a lost virtue...that's all I will say. 

BUT, if you don't get your punishment you don't deserve that. 

Edited by RainbowBlonde
BUY CTTR ON ITOONSH

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

But on the other hand, unless he's a victim he should keep his mouth shut. 

exactly, that's what i think i had issue with the most, actually. Imagine victims of these men hearing Bryan say this. Just stay out of it. 

It's simple, when asked about it just say:

tenor.gif?itemid=4834980

• Like 1

GoldenPonyboy   Paws Up 606
GoldenPonyboy

I agree with him. What they did was horrible. However, everyone deserves redemption. maybe a lot of people won't agree with me, but I have worked in the past (and somewhat currently also) with sexual offenders, property offenders and even murderers on helping with rehabiliting them in to society. there is a way these people can become a better person and productive member of society, but it take years of hard work and incredible insight. although some of them fail, a good majority turn things around. The only diffrence is that their lifestyle requires them to be in the public eye all the time, which makes the situation more delicate in the case where there are victims. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

M Monstre   Paws Up 20,610
M Monstre

Those men made a conscious decision to do what they did. I have little to no sympathy for people who want forgiveness and grace for something they put upon themselves and upon other people, especially in an atrocious situation like this.

If you want to defend someone, defend the victims. Stand up for them and make sure they're as well and safe as they can be. These men hid these secrets for all these years and they've been able to become some of Hollywood's biggest names.

Edited by M Monstre
  • Like 3
💕 / 🎨 / ✌️ / 🎶

sipthistea   Paws Up 8,044
sipthistea

He's CANCELLED :lolly:

And OVERRATED 

They took advantage of their position, so they could silence the victims for a long time.

Karma got to them, and now their careers are OVER. That seems fair. 

Edited by sipthistea

MJHolland   Paws Up 6,294
MJHolland

They're only sorry because they got caught though?

Left to their own devices, they would still be raping and harassing because they don't see anything wrong with what they were doing on a systematic, constant basis for decades.

You don't recover at that. You don't have a epiphany at age 50, 60, or 70 that sexual assault is wrong. That just doesn't happen.

Goodbye, fellas!

• Like 10

Luzaleja   Paws Up 163
Luzaleja

Well, maybe I would have some sympathy for them if they had shown remorse when the allegations started coming out. But Weinstein doesn't care at all about the victims and their pain. And Spacey's apology means nothing to me. He tried to use the LGBT community as a shield, and he also acted shocked about the first allegation against him, when he had been harassing other men all throughout his career (as per the other allegations). 

While I believe humans can change and grow if they want to, these men have only stopped because they were caught.

• Like 2

He8MyHeart   Paws Up 6,631
He8MyHeart

They'll apologise but they won't mean it and they won't change.

My hair is blonde, but my heart's brunette 💜

Bebe   Paws Up 12,742
Bebe

I'm all for rehabilitation and forgiveness for criminal offenders, I think it's the far more ethical approach than punitive punishment. 

With that said Weinstein abused his power for decades and made a fortune at the same time. These sort of people don't get to just apologise and then waltz right back into the industry as some major player in the same position they abused for decades :shrug: These people got given an opportunity, they were trusted with a great deal of power and then they abused that power for decades.

Calling for forgiveness is a little easier when you weren't on the receiving end of the abuse and don't work in an industry where he could have significant influence and power over you once again. That sort of violence and abuse in the workplace shouldn't be tolerated, and if we want people to feel safe working in the industry then we can't be giving serious offenders a slap on the wrist for such a serious offence. They were trusted, they abused that trust in the most awful ways.

• Like 4