• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooolong
7 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

it's not on AM

Just depends on where you are; it is for me. :shrug:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

that Barney creep seems to have repressed her humanity for good.

I don't want to sound pretentious af but oh well, here's what I have to say: 

everything post-Biophilia feels like eternally giving birth to children you're never gonna hold. so natural and altruistic that it sucks its own energy back in with the need to explode one last time but it never does. she's more honest and intricate than ever but I just feel drained listening to her. it's what everybody that can't get into her music always felt and what I can no longer escape myself. it's not art when it doesn't feel like either a prayer or a blessing. I think that this might be what happens when you're unsure if you've surrendered or reached a plateau in your spiritual quest.

basically, I think she's too much of a biophiliac at this point and too much bio sapiens kind of killed the homo. 

this one might be reminiscent of some Vespertine moments but the contrast beneath makes it feel even more like a gasp...

OH MY GOD, Aurora 2.0

And the transition to The Gate, oh mother.

If this album follows this pattern I am gonna be SO here for it.

3 hours ago, JDi said:

that Barney creep seems to have repressed her humanity for good.

I don't want to sound pretentious af but oh well, here's what I have to say: 

everything post-Biophilia feels like eternally giving birth to children you're never gonna hold. so natural and altruistic that it sucks its own energy back in with the need to explode one last time but it never does. she's more honest and intricate than ever but I just feel drained listening to her. it's what everybody that can't get into her music always felt and what I can no longer escape myself. it's not art when it doesn't feel like either a prayer or a blessing. I think that this might be what happens when you're unsure if you've surrendered or reached a plateau in your spiritual quest.

basically, I think she's too much of a biophiliac at this point and too much bio sapiens kind of killed the homo. 

I don’t know what you said, but it was very poetic. Lol. How about we ditch GGD and talk about Björk’s spiritual journey over coffee. Lolololol. 

(I’m kidding) 

1 minute ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

Best single since Pagan Poetry. Is like old Bjork is back. Loving the sound 

I guess I was wrong. All these years thinking Army of Me or Triumph of a heart  were the best. 

MessyTop
2 minutes ago, IAMSOPOP said:

I guess I was wrong. All these years thinking Army of Me or Triumph of a heart  were the best. 

Well Army of me is from the 90s. Medulla singles never took off in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, babs said:

OH MY GOD, Aurora 2.0

And the transition to The Gate, oh mother.

If this album follows this pattern I am gonna be SO here for it.

I know right, the transition... like on Volta.

ChavaWM

I've had this on non stop, loving it. Idk why but it totally flows with the pastel colors used on the album cover and single cover

Archived