Lady Gaga - FAME
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Gay child show sparks outrage in the Middle East & Africa

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 6,329
Melech

"Disney Channel has pulled one of its biggest children’s shows from air after outrage at a gay storyline.

In the second season of Andi Mack, 13-year-old character Cyrus develops feelings for a fellow teenage boy, Jonah.

In scenes aired last week Cyrus came out to one of his best friends as gay, with his friend telling him with a smile: “You’re no different.”

The same-sex story has caused outrage among anti-gay activists and was last week banned from air in Kenya.

Now Disney Channel has caved into pressure from homophobes – pulling the show from air in as many as 50 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East.

Disney will no longer air the show DStv, the network that broadcasts the channel in 50 countries, including Kenya, Ghana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Mauritius and Tanzania as well as parts of the Middle East. 

In a statement Disney said: “Disney Channel creates stories that entertain and inspire kids and families and reflect the rich diversity of the human experience.

“While our shows are developed for global audiences we are committed to respecting each market’s cultural sensibilities, compliance rules and regulations.

“Disney Channel in South Africa serves multiple countries across Africa and the Middle East, each with its own regulations to which we adhere. 

“Accordingly, Andi Mack will not be broadcast through DStv.

“However, we are exploring alternative ways to make the series available to its fans in South Africa.”"

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/11/08/disney-channel-axes-childrens-show-andi-mack-across-africa-and-middle-east-due-to-gay-storyline/

Evan Peters   Paws Up 7,221
Evan Peters

imagine crying over a gay child on a tv show. sad!

• Like 16
emma roberts is an abuser

hunty   Paws Up 22,003
hunty

i wish disney didn't cave in, i mean how else will our rotten communities finally see the light?

• Like 8

GagaSkeletonWay   Paws Up 771
GagaSkeletonWay

It's so sad to see stuff like this is still happening.

I mean, of course there's homophobic people in my country and it's still a big problem, but not to that extent.

When I see things like this all I can think of is the gay people there, how repressed they are... One day, keep fighting!

Edited by GagaSkeletonWay

Booker DeWitt   Paws Up 13,485
Booker DeWitt

Well, the Middle East is :trollga:

• Like 1
I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

tthen   Paws Up 3,627
tthen
30 minutes ago, hunty said:

i wish disney didn't cave in, i mean how else will our rotten communities finally see the light?

Some people here had a meltdown over Star Academy like a decade ago (and are currently having it with Idol/The Voice). This is gonna take some time :saladga:

• Like 1
Betty White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone

hunty   Paws Up 22,003
hunty
39 minutes ago, tthen said:

Some people here had a meltdown over Star Academy like a decade ago (and are currently having it with Idol/The Voice). This is gonna take some time :saladga:

the voice?

tthen   Paws Up 3,627
tthen
6 hours ago, hunty said:

the voice?

Yea the singing show (on MBC). I've heard radicals have major meltdowns because of....reasons I guess 

hunty   Paws Up 22,003
hunty
16 hours ago, tthen said:

Yea the singing show (on MBC). I've heard radicals have major meltdowns because of....reasons I guess 

sis i know what the voice is but what would they complain about it's literally just singing. it's not like they're sleeping together like in star ac

tthen   Paws Up 3,627
tthen
6 hours ago, hunty said:

sis i know what the voice is but what would they complain about it's literally just singing. it's not like they're sleeping together like in star ac

The fact that they're just singing gets some people pressed and I swear it's hilarious

hunty   Paws Up 22,003
hunty
4 hours ago, tthen said:

The fact that they're just singing gets some people pressed and I swear it's hilarious

oh mess i forgot music is banned in islam :rip:

• Like 1

tthen   Paws Up 3,627
tthen
1 hour ago, hunty said:

oh mess i forgot music is banned in islam :rip:

Yes and no :selena: It's a confusing issue (:saladga:) but most who say that it is are the same ones that go insane over every little thing (then they end up doing the said thing when they go to Bahrain or wherever they travel :selena:) I sometimes spend my days sparking up fights on Twitter because of how far some people go to do **** :lolly: