• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LIKELADYAGAGA
6 minutes ago, onion boy said:

re extra songs programmed in? i bet theres variations of songs too. or new ones

here for it

Maybe she's using Internet Explorer

I swear my face dropped harder than Katy's second-week sales on Witness (I'm joking), it's such dissapointment, but at least we're getting a performance lol.

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Glamourpuss

I feel like I'm the only one who is happy that it's The Cure. As much as I'd love new music I feel like this track still has potential. I think that Gaga always intended for it to be promoted further but due to illness and death of a loved one setting her back a bit she focused on healing herself, and decided to wait for the time when it felt right for her to take it further. This era doesn't feel like its ready to end just yet and it makes sense for her to focus on The Cure and not DIC for example because she's got more to give with this track in particular.

If Gaga is actually going to release a Joanne B side rather than surprise drop LG6, The Cure would be on the b side so why not perform that. It would make it relevant.

Having said that though I would still be delighted if it's a smoke screen and she surprises us with something new.

LIKELADYAGAGA
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I feel like I'm the only one who is happy that it's The Cure. As much as I'd love new music I feel like this track still has potential. I think that Gaga always intended for it to be promoted further but due to illness and death of a loved one setting her back a bit she focused on healing herself, and decided to wait for the time when it felt right for her to take it further. This era doesn't feel like its ready to end just yet and it makes sense for her to focus on The Cure and not DIC for example because she's got more to give with this track in particular.

Having said that though I would still be delighted if it's a smoke screen and she surprises us with something new.  

I am just sad that it didn't get promo closer to its release. Radio is tired of it and all of the "hot buyers" already downloaded it on iTunes and listened to a ton on spotify. No matter what, it won't chart well at all. This performance won't really do anything for the song itself. :toofunny:

Glamourpuss
Just now, LIKELADYAGAGA said:

I am just sad that it didn't get promo closer to its release. Radio is tired of it and all of the "hot buyers" already downloaded it on iTunes and listened to a ton on spotify. No matter what, it won't chart well at all. This performance won't really do anything for the song itself. :toofunny:

I understand and I agree because I'd love it to chart well too, but let's just trust Gaga and wait and see what she's got up her sleeve. It looks like she's putting in a bit of extra effort so there must be something exciting planned. 

She's stressed that this show is v timed and whatnot with the stage being computed so like???? Is there even room for new material?? I mean we haven't gotten any random performances this tour like we've always had. It's been pretty by the book? Im losing my mind :giveup:

I feel like we'll never truly know what's up her sleeve, at this point.

It could be the same old cute TC performance, or she could drastically switch it up, or she could even perform new material. idk anymore

3 points in and ready for more

doppelganger

It doesn’t add up and it doesn’t make sense. Which is exactly why Gaga will just sing The Cure with a slightly modified choreography and that’s it :toofunny: 

BlingNotTheMusic
4 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm starting to believe The Cure was supposed to be released now and not in February. Looking back, it was indeed strange how there was no promo, no music video, specially being the song so different from Joanne and really in the middle of the era.

So, why did they decide to release it earlier? Maybe the release was rushed so she would have a new single for Coachella? Maybe they wanted to test Gaga's streaming power with a generic bop? Maybe they wanted to see if the after SB had any effect in her new releases? Maybe they wanted to give Joanne a boost in the middle of the era?

(are you really thinking her rehearsals are fake? :flop: that would be the stupidest thing she could do, specially after all the drama from the Joanne World Tour and how almost every performance during the Joanne era required extreme rehearsals)

I’m glad you memtioned this because I have a theory about surprise drops and Interscope. I have always felt The Cure was so random and then I thought - “What if the label and Gagz were testing surprise drops to see about her success, especially with streaming?”

we been knew that Beyoncé could surprise drop and have a huge impact, but it really is a gamble for some artists and labels. Perhaps they were testing TC and since it did well with no promo, they are more comfortable surprise dropping her next LP or B-side project. 

Thoughts?

TheRoof
3 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

I’m glad you memtioned this because I have a theory about surprise drops and Interscope. I have always felt The Cure was so random and then I thought - “What if the label and Gagz were testing surprise drops to see about her success, especially with streaming?”

we been knew that Beyoncé could surprise drop and have a huge impact, but it really is a gamble for some artists and labels. Perhaps they were testing TC and since it did well with no promo, they are more comfortable surprise dropping her next LP or B-side project. 

Thoughts?

yeah i think they're testing and planing to drop something anytime soon..... 

that would be smart and for me  that means they are thinking in long terms (aka the next pop era and longevity)

i just hope  she tried to recover her worldwide relevance as a mainstream pop star , at least once cause she needs to prove her longevity.

i mean Joanne and C2C where hits but not as huge as her first three eras and both where very adult centric in terms of sound ,so in my opinion gaga needs to conect with the young target at least once.

LIKELADYAGAGA
1 hour ago, Elson said:

She's stressed that this show is v timed and whatnot with the stage being computed so like???? Is there even room for new material?? I mean we haven't gotten any random performances this tour like we've always had. It's been pretty by the book? Im losing my mind :giveup:

They could have reprogrammed it and the new version win update timing cojld go like on Sunday and then that would be the system they use for the rest of the shows 

Archived