💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who's better than Gaga on stage

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

Eddie A Michael

Whitney Houston. She didn't dance but she sang with full control and charisma. That I Have Nothing live performance always give me chills.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, FinnishGypsy said:

Nobody. Gaga's shows consist of an incredible live vocalist and excellent instrumentalist who still provides full-on choreographed routines for all uptempo tracks (and despite not being a natural dancer, actually keeps up with her professionally trained backup dancers). She has elaborate stage/costuming/props/interludes that provide a unique narrative to embody her setlist thematically.  She is undeniably charismatic and has excellent, unparalleled rapport with her audience members. She can make a crowd of 20,000 feel much smaller, because she is so apt at speaking candidly and intimately with her fans. With the exception of a few talking points, she doesn't have a rehearsed speech that's recycled verbatim at every single date, but rather individualizes each experience accordingly (similarly, she does this in her songs by changing the lyrics to meet the environment). As such, no two Gaga shows are the same. Thus, while in many ways she's the consummate professional, her creativity (and subsequent erraticism) result in an atmosphere wherein the audience member feels as though "anything can happen." Hence, you feel like you're a part of something artistically great, rather than simply being an observer of a well-oiled production. Beyonce is the only other entertainer who comes close in terms of sheer talent as a performer, but her concerts are so rehearsed they tend to lack spontaneity. 

I've seen essentially every big pop act live at this point, but next month will be the fourth time I'm seeing Gaga. And that's precisely because she makes each tour an entirely new experience that makes her worth seeing again with each new era. I can't think of any other artist that I'd need to see more than once, because once I've experienced it, that's basically it. I've seen what they have to offer. But Gaga is always evolving.

ETA: I will say, the only live vocalist I've seen that's superior to Gaga is Kelly Clarkson. Her voice is otherworldly live, and the way she emotes is truly something to behold. She literally had most of the audience in tears more often than not. She's also extremely relatable and connects with her fans in a very unique (and hilarious) manner. But since we're talking about all aspects of performing, Gaga clearly wins in terms of overall showmanship.

But as far as the other main pop acts? I mean, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Selena Gomez simply can't sing (or dance, for that matter). Rihanna's singing has improved tremendously since her debut, but her vocals are still subpar, and her dancing leaves much to be desired. Further, none of the aforementioned women possess an ounce of stage presence. Pink is actually a great vocalist and entertainer, but unfortunately, she's started to play it safe with the actual music itself; all of her material in the last few years sounds interchangeable and disposable. It's like a repetitive amalgam of HAC Top 40 Radio. 

You said pretty much exactly what I would've said. I, too, have seen several of the major pop acts of today, and most don't come close to where Gaga is. Rihanna, for example, I saw once, never bothered to see her again, because I was bored. I have yet to see Katy, not sure if I really want to see TWT or not yet. I've seen Selena 3x, including once from front row, and while I had fun, she definitely does NOT have the "it" factor that Gaga has. P!nk is pretty close, IMO. 

alejandreaux

only Gaga stans that are CLEARY biased against BeyoncĂ© would act like her name doesn’t deserve to be brought up in this discussion. :oprah:

21 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

only Gaga stans that are CLEARY biased against BeyoncĂ© would act like her name doesn’t deserve to be brought up in this discussion. :oprah:

I hope you say the same about Gaga when biased Beyonce fans ask who is the most talented artist and no one mentions her...

Magneto
On 12-11-2017 at 10:37 PM, ShockPop said:

Gaga has something I call the creepy factor.

It's like she becomes possessed by the performance, the music, and we see her soul take flight without limits.

Literally all other choreographed performances I've ever seen come off as "one two three and bend and turn and four and six" step by step rehearsed stiffness. Even Beyonce. For Gaga it seems like she's bleeding the music.

Very well said :applause: For me this mostly shows in her not trying to be pretty. My best friend who's a Britney stan always sends me ugly pics of Gaga live, but aleast you can say she gives it her all on stage and I love her for it! 

The only artist that is on the same level would be Beyoncé. She is obviously insanely talented, but sadly she does lip in order to do her choreo better (which is understandable, but I'd rather have Gaga's out of breath vocals and sloppy dancing like at the artRAVE). The other thing with Beyoncé is that everything is so well rehearsed, which is okay for choreo, but you know that every wink, smile and hairflip to the audience are just as rehearsed.

Free my mind

alejandreaux
On 11/18/2017 at 8:29 PM, GrigioGirl1 said:

I hope you say the same about Gaga when biased Beyonce fans ask who is the most talented artist and no one mentions her...

I would most definitely say the same to them. I don’t let the people I stan for keep me from telling the truth like it is and giving credit where it’s due. 

Archived