giphy.gif

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe
Just now, Andree said:

where?:saladga:

I was confused because people have been saying that 1 album purchase gets you 3 digital purchases. So are those not counted? 

⚯͛

Andrea B
1 minute ago, Varo Yan said:

Nielsen Music :nails:

"However, sales of any specific album purchased on iTunes and gifted to another are not reported to Nielsen Music by Apple, and thus, do not count on Billboard's charts."http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7973914/bts-love-yourself-her-album-billboard-200-top-10

if you're talking about UPS then you're wrong.

GypsyBabe
Just now, Teal Ambition said:

bippity boppity out of here with your negativity 

giphy.gif

pn67B0Ijg

:ladyhaha: I genuinely want to know though. I haven’t bought it! 

⚯͛

Andrea B
3 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I was confused because people have been saying that 1 album purchase gets you 3 digital purchases. So are those not counted? 

If you buy the album from UPS then you will get 2 more free copies but only one copy will count to billboard 200.

GypsyBabe
Just now, Andree said:

If you buy the album from UPS then you will get 2 more free copies but only one copy will count to billboard 200.

Ohhh okay. Why do you think her team did this? It must have a benefit towards her sales? 

⚯͛

Andrea B
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

Ohhh okay. Why do you think her team did this? It must have a benefit towards her sales? 

I don't think her team is doing this, UPS is in charge of this and idk why they're gifting copies. 

ryanripley
Just now, Andree said:

I don't think her team is doing this, UPS is in charge of this and idk why they're gifting copies. 

they must have some sort of partnership to promote Tay and UPS, UPS must be buying the 2 extra copies with permission to distribute them to customers

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Trepadation
6 minutes ago, Andree said:

"However, sales of any specific album purchased on iTunes and gifted to another are not reported to Nielsen Music by Apple, and thus, do not count on Billboard's charts."http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7973914/bts-love-yourself-her-album-billboard-200-top-10

if you're talking about UPS then you're wrong.

How does that apply to Taylor's album? The companies are the ones giving out albums. The article is talking about regular people buying albums and gifting it to friends. Not only that but the article is about bts not taytay.

TheCureinMalibu
2 minutes ago, Trepadation said:

How does that apply to Taylor's album? The companies are the ones giving out albums. The article is talking about regular people buying albums and gifting it to friends. Not only that but the article is about bts not taytay.

Because that's the rule. Gifted albums on iTunes won't be counted for ANY SPECIFIC ALBUM. 

And also HDD confirms that only 1 out of 4 counted for the sales.

Andrea B
Just now, Trepadation said:

How does that apply to Taylor's album? The companies are the ones giving out albums. The article is talking about regular people buying albums and gifting it to friends. Not only that but the article is about bts not taytay.

Did billboard count the copies gifted by Samsung? (Anti) the album debuted with less than 200k. UPS is gifting copies, billboard will not count. HITSDDD already confirmed that those gifted copies will not count.

Trepadation
Just now, Andree said:

Did billboard count the copies gifted by Samsung? (Anti) the album debuted with less than 200k. UPS is gifting copies, billboard will not count. HITSDDD already confirmed that those gifted copies will not count.

Not in its first week but eventually they did:lolga:

16 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

If Gaga had the same money and marketing machine, she'd sell those numbers as well.

Gaga did have the same money and marketing machine and lost both from putting out albums that didn't critically or commercially match her earlier material. 

Don't undermine Taylor's consistency and success because of insecurity about Gaga's numbers. Joanne's first week and sales overall were very good — nothing to be ashamed of. 

Archived