Lady Gaga - FAME
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
lgbt

Gay men hate femme gay men

Featured Posts

Qualle1   Paws Up 1,298
Qualle1
3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Don't forget the pickles! I can only eat MAN pickles with blue label! Pink label no good!

3c5475fe61e4c7ecde7dffa2bd147b4e--lgbt-n

There is indeed a difference in the taste between the pickles for women and men.

The "Gurken Madl" has a sweater flavour, the "Gurken Bub" is more spicey.

I prefer the pickels for boys...

:hor:

• LMAO 1
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

berlinforme   Paws Up 894
berlinforme
4 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I don't think that not being attracted the feminine guys is discriminatory, however, the fact that 41% of the people surveyed said that feminine guys give the community a bad name is disgusting. So what if a guy is a bit more feminine than most? You may not be attracted to them, but at the same time, don't bad-mouth them.

I agree that there are gay guys who are just insecure about their own masculinity and need to drag down femme gay guys in front of their friends or other people to feel better. 

But then on the other hand I've had a friend back when I was in school who was this very flamboyant kind of gay and who ran around in high heels from time to time. Of course basic straight people stared at him and then he insulted them in a very tacky way and said things like "Hey bitch, never seen a gay man or what?!" and this is something of which I really think gives a bad reputation to the gay community. I know he's not like that because he's gay but because he's stupid but if it's the first impression of a gay guy for someone... oh, well... 

Edited by berlinforme
  • Like 1

Haroon   Paws Up 32,060
Haroon

Horrible :wtf: Like if you aren't attracted to feminine men for whichever reason I think that can just be preference (although in some cases it's rooted in misogyny rather than simple preference which is a deeper issue), but saying that feminine gay men give gay men a bad name/image is horrendous :shocked: Men are men at the end of the day, regardless of how they act and what they like and so on. This whole idea of "the man" really needs to be knocked down. Why are people still being denied their own sex/gender because of personality traits, personality traits do NOT define sex/gender (i'm not the best at discerning between the two so please forgive me, hopefully my point is still getting across :sweat:)

It's very upsetting and disappointing that internal homophobia is still running rampant in the gay community. When we should be sticking up for one another and celebrating differences within our diverse community we're putting others down to make ourselves feel better. Society already gives us a hard time, we shouldn't be giving each other a hard time :ohno:

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Luxe Ford   Paws Up 1,526
Luxe Ford

Saying that effeminite men give the gay community a bad name is something I've heard for half my life and is an ignorant, dangerous notion. I may or may not prefer femme gays, but wherever place you occupy on the femme/masc scale is valid.

The gay community consists of individuals. We're not a big, homogenous entity. Its sad that we lower ourselves to straight-acting misogyny, which is what I think it boils down to.

I might be shallow, but I try my best to be inclusive in my shallowness.

• Like 3
I have no idea who you are but I'm desperate for your approval.

sillynate   Paws Up 1,638
sillynate
2 hours ago, Luk said:

"blah blah blah MY PREFERENCES"
which were built on you because of media and advertisements, cause
NO ONE is born looking for a MANLY MAN with some six pack abs.

How is that bad though? If I were to say I'm only attracted to feminine men, would that be okay or would you still be as upset? But since I'm attracted to masculine men, I guess I must be a horrible person to you. 

another thing being discussed here is how feminine men give the gheys™ a bad rep. THAT is bad. What makes us amazing as a group of people is that we're all different. Just like the colors on a rainbow :heart:

• Like 2

RAMROD   Paws Up 24,259
RAMROD

IMHO, Many gay Men hates most female-ish stuffs, from the female organs to the lesbians, not just the femme gays, let's be real, the only females that they consider great are their mothers (most gay men usually have strong relationship with their mothers) and their Pop Divas.  :giggle:

• Like 1
My right wing is flapping. My left one is gray

gag   Paws Up 8,994
gag
1 hour ago, berlinforme said:

I agree that there are gay guys who are just insecure about their own masculinity and need to drag down femme gay guys in front of their friends or other people to feel better. 

But then on the other hand I've had a friend back when I was in school who was this very flamboyant kind of gay and who ran around in high heels from time to time. Of course basic straight people stared at him and then he insulted them in a very tacky way and said things like "Hey bitch, never seen a gay man or what?!" and this is something of which I really think gives a bad reputation to the gay community. I know he's not like that because he's gay but because he's stupid but if it's the first impression of a gay guy for someone... oh, well... 

But to say that he is giving the LGBT community a bad reputation (available on iTunes) is victim-blaming. He shouldn't change the way he is, the straight people should stop being homophobic bigots. :shrug:

We should work more towards changing the minds of homophobic people (which will obviously be extremely hard and will take generations of progress) instead of telling the effeminate gay men to suppress their identities to appease ~the straights~.

Edited by gag
  • Like 1
headspin, happiness, Ḑ̸̖͕̱͔͚͙͇̝̆̉̃̅̽͂͐̑̌̈͂͜͝͠Ě̶̛̛̼̠̤͇̮̬̘̱͈̼̩̯̤̾̊̂̓͂̈́̑̋ͅA̶̮͒͗͊͋̾̈́̽̈́̐͜͝͝ͅT̷̢̛͙̖̳͇̖̲̮͖̘̗̹̔̓́͒̈̏̈́̊̑͋͜Ȟ̴̡̼̮̟̣̤̞̲̄͋̈́̀̊̚

calmar   Paws Up 8,445
calmar
2 hours ago, Haroon said:

Why are people still being denied their own sex/gender because of personality traits, personality traits do NOT define sex/gender (i'm not the best at discerning between the two so please forgive me, hopefully my point is still getting across :sweat:)

Sex is a combination of chromosomes, hormones, and physical anatomy that shapes the physical body. In most people they line up in ways that we as a society (and as a species) have come to expect, but sometimes they do not. 

Gender is the brain-internal feeling of matching either your sex (body) or, at least in western culture, also the rules imposed from the top-down on people of the two most common ('dyadic') sexes. Most people are cisgender (their brain has no problem as it matches both, or at least the sex), while transgender either refers to people whose brains match the other dyadic sex, or to anyone whose brain does not match their sex (thus including agender, bigender, genderfluid, etc.)

So I'd say

"Why are people still being denied their own gender (if they're cisgender gay people) because of personality traits, personality traits do NOT define sexual orientation (possibly gender, although people tend to try to perform their gender in line with what their society says their sex should do if cis or, in the case of MtF or FtM trans people, what their internal sex should do.)

• Like 1
俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Haroon   Paws Up 32,060
Haroon
6 minutes ago, calmar said:

Sex is a combination of chromosomes, hormones, and physical anatomy that shapes the physical body. In most people they line up in ways that we as a society (and as a species) have come to expect, but sometimes they do not. 

Gender is the brain-internal feeling of matching either your sex (body) or, at least in western culture, also the rules imposed from the top-down on people of the two most common ('dyadic') sexes. Most people are cisgender (their brain has no problem as it matches both, or at least the sex), while transgender either refers to people whose brains match the other dyadic sex, or to anyone whose brain does not match their sex (thus including agender, bigender, genderfluid, etc.)

So I'd say

"Why are people still being denied their own gender (if they're cisgender gay people) because of personality traits, personality traits do NOT define sexual orientation (possibly gender, although people tend to try to perform their gender in line with what their society says their sex should do if cis or, in the case of MtF or FtM trans people, what their internal sex should do.)

Thanks a lot for this cal :worship2: In my post I'd meant that people shouldn't be denied their sex because of personality traits, because you can be as masculine/feminine as you want but still remain your sex, and that they're totally separate things :happy: 

• Like 1

MyQueen   Paws Up 571
MyQueen

What do I remind you of?
Your past, your dreams
Or some part of yourself that you just can't love?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

berlinforme   Paws Up 894
berlinforme
2 hours ago, gag said:

But to say that he is giving the LGBT community a bad reputation (available on iTunes) is victim-blaming. He shouldn't change the way he is, the straight people should stop being homophobic bigots. :shrug:

We should work more towards changing the minds of homophobic people (which will obviously be extremely hard and will take generations of progress) instead of telling the effeminate gay men to suppress their identities to appease ~the straights~.

If people look at you because you're wearing something outstanding (which is to expect and on one hand also what he wants) it IS giving gay people a bad reputation to randomly insult people on the street? He is in no way the victim in this situation. 

Economy   Paws Up 5,967
Economy
6 hours ago, hunty said:

we're gonna need receipts :gaysia:

Of?

jesse_batista