Lady Gaga - The Fame
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
lgbt

Gay men hate femme gay men

Featured Posts

Supersonic   Paws Up 25,266
Supersonic

Masculinity so fragile

Feminine gay men turned off almost three quarters of the gay community, according to a new survey.

In Attitude magazine’s Masculinity Survey, 71% of the over 5,000 respondents admitted they were actively turned off by a partner with typically feminine attributes.

The survey also asked: ‘Have you ever thought that effeminate gay men give the gay community a bad image or reputation?’

A shocking 41% of respondents answered ‘Yes.’

These latest results reflect similar studies completed in the past, like one from last year.

Authored by Cal Strode, the survey interviewed 280 gay men in the UK and the state of California. It found a third of ‘straight-acting’ gay guys think feminine gay men give the community a bad name.

source: https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/almost-three-quarters-gay-community-turned-off-feminine-men-new-survey-finds/#gs.wHI=fvQ

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 1
Majestic, the future is electric.

ClosetGagaFan   Paws Up 692
ClosetGagaFan

Not this gay

Spoiler

:lolly:

Edited by ClosetGagaFan
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 1

Booker DeWitt   Paws Up 13,494
Booker DeWitt

I don't see how saying sh*t like "Masculinity so fragile" helps but ok.

• Like 31
  • LMAO 1
I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

GodofLove   Paws Up 2,549
GodofLove

I’m a gay man and my preference is manly men. Femme turn me off.. because I’m gay for a reason. I want a MAN. Not a feminine man. 

EDIT: not that I’m saying femme men aren’t men, they are the bravest people I know. It’s just a sexual preference of mine. 

Edited by GodofLove
  • Like 50
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 9
  • Love 1

M Monstre   Paws Up 20,610
M Monstre

I don't think that not being attracted the feminine guys is discriminatory, however, the fact that 41% of the people surveyed said that feminine guys give the community a bad name is disgusting. So what if a guy is a bit more feminine than most? You may not be attracted to them, but at the same time, don't bad-mouth them.

• Like 54
  • Love 6
💕 / 🎨 / ✌️ / 🎶

Interstellar   Paws Up 6,551
Interstellar
5 minutes ago, Booker DeWitt said:

Because it’s true. 

Masculinity is extremely fragile. A lot of men refuse to do anything or have anything that is feminine. Shampoo and body wash? Must be AXE STRONG AND TOUGH FOR MEN. Can’t wear pink, because IM A MAN. Can’t hold my girlfriends purse, because IM A MAN. Can’t listen to pop, and must listen to rock/rap/metal, because I CANT ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH WHAT GIRLS AND THE GAYS LIKE. IM A MAN. I HAVE NO FEELINGS. 

1*2M3HqjFv5BaYbFNjMje7dw.png

fragile-masculinity-fb__700-png.jpg

CI1nY05UAAQ9V7K.jpg

Edited by Interstellar
  • Like 76
  • LMAO 15
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 7

joemayzin   Paws Up 1,545
joemayzin
Just now, M Monstre said:

I don't think that not being attracted the feminine guys is discriminatory, however, the fact that 41% of the people surveyed said that feminine guys give the community a bad name is disgusting. So what if a guy is a bit more feminine than most? You may not be attracted to them, but at the same time, don't bad-mouth them.

this though :golfclap:

i personally find men who act manly attractive cause thats how i am but saying its disgusting shows a lot about the people saying it's a "problem" for the community. everyone is entitled to being who they are whether they're feminine or masculine!!

• Like 11
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Booker DeWitt said:

I mean is it not the truth? If somebody has such an allergic reaction to other men not adhearing to gender stereotypes, they must be pretty insecure and not confident in their own masculinity to begin with. That's just pointing out the obvious.

You are making it sound like they hurl the most vile insults at femme-hating gay men, but they don't. If stating facts already is too much, then goodbye to society :shrug:

Edited by Supersonic
  • Like 14
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2

TimisaMonster   Paws Up 9,793
TimisaMonster
3 minutes ago, GodofLove said:

I’m a gay man and my preference is manly men. Femme turn me off.. because I’m gay for a reason. I want a MAN. Not a feminine man. 

This...so true :shrug:

Same logic with butchy lesbians and a lipstick lesbian? Like... :oprah:

• Like 4

Booker DeWitt   Paws Up 13,494
Booker DeWitt

Also "...admitted they were actively turned off by a partner with typically feminine attributes.". Gay men not being attracted to "typically feminine attributes"?

giphy.webp

• Like 4
  • LMAO 9
I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

ClosetGagaFan   Paws Up 692
ClosetGagaFan
5 minutes ago, GodofLove said:

Dont see how a fem man isnt a man. but its your life <3

• Like 26

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Booker DeWitt said:

Also "...admitted they were actively turned off by a partner with typically feminine attributes.". Gay men not being attracted to "typically feminine attributes"?

giphy.webp

Gay men also tend to like penises. Liking penises is stereotypically a feminine thing in our society. What's it gonna be?

:oprah:

• Like 14
  • LMAO 20
  • YAAAS 1

GodofLove   Paws Up 2,549
GodofLove
Just now, ClosetGagaFan said:

Dont see how a fem man isnt a man. but its your life <3

I’m not saying they’re not men, of course they are. Everyone has a right to be who they are, that’s why I said “MY PREFERENCE” because not everyone feels the same. I personally love a man into sports and lifting weights but if other guys like men who wear make up and crop tops then power to them. 

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Economy   Paws Up 5,967
Economy
10 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

Because it’s true. 

Masculinity is extremely fragile. A lot of men refuse to do anything or have anything that is feminine. Shampoo and body wash? Must be AXE STRONG AND TOUGH FOR MEN. Can’t wear pink, because IM A MAN. Can’t hold my girlfriends purse, because IM A MAN. Can’t listen to pop, and must listen to rock/rap/metal, because I CANT ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH WHAT GIRLS AND THE GAYS LIKE. IM A MAN. I HAVE NO FEELINGS. 

This! Im a pretty masculine man myself in most aspects (ppl always shocked to learn im bi). I work construction, workout hard at the gym, I whatch mostly guy stuff on tv and have a lot of R&B and Rap music etc

But at the same time i have 0 issues doing stuff that isnt masculine if i so please like listening to pop music as well

For instance i also prefer to order mixed drinks at the pubs or bars cuz to me it tastes better. I dont care if my friends call it “girly drinks” and I wont order whiskey I hate just to look tough :rip: 

Also I decided to take 1 day a week away from weight lifting to do cardio (i still weight lift 5 days a week) and I decided to do that cardio day in an RPM spinning class. Ppl say classes are for girls but i say its motivational so ppl can STFU :) 

Edited by Economy
  • Like 15
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 3
jesse_batista