Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
story

Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Ziggy

Featured Posts

Eden Chertock

ok as someone who was actually there when she filmed an amazing scene, I need to know how it looked on screen! 

***MAJOR SPOILER WARNING***

in the scene where she sings in that ballgown, after Bradley's character dies, I was a little monster extra for the filming. it was 4 hours after Sonja passed away. it was the most incredible thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. OSCARS ALL OVER IT IS RIGHT!!!! how did it look? was it as magical on screen as it was in person? Sonja was there in spirit that night. It was incredible. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was from PULSE MUSIC BOARD

"A friend of mine saw a tasty test screening of A Star Is Born and said that the music is amazing and Gaga's performance is about uneven in the early parts but she is great later in the movie."

and then

"I think she did all of the original songs for the movie, but not the score. He also said it was one of, if not THE, best soundtrack he's ever heard in a movie. And he is one of those people that goes to the movies every weekend."

• 5 months later...
luckyanderson
On 11/5/2017 at 1:12 AM, FrankGutz said:

I always thought her acting in Machete Kills and Sin City was pretty good considering she had really small

Hotel was ok tbh, we had some episodes where she acted really good, i remember the episode of her past, placed on the 40s or something, omg i loved that one, i think the first episodes were the bland ones and maybe cuz she wanted to be over the top for the role of The Countess

To be fair ive seen singers doing really really bad at acting, Madonna [overall shes terrible], Britney Spears [was painfull to watch her on Crossroads], Rihanna [i didnt liked her at Battlewhatever], Beyoncé [i feel her akward at acting, idk]  and some other had ok roles like Ashanti in RE, Mariah in Beautiful

I think Gagz is in the list of singers turned actor that i like, Mandy Moore overall, Joss Stone with the Tudors

How DARE you come for "Crossroads!" That movie is a legendary work of art. :excuseu::fthis:

• 3 weeks later...
FrankGutz
On 16/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, luckyanderson said:

How DARE you come for "Crossroads!" That movie is a legendary work of art. :excuseu::fthis:

lol, never really liked it, she deserved better at her peak tbh

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

RAMROD
On 5/17/2018 at 10:54 AM, luckyanderson said:

lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• 1 month later...
nswain1110

Never knew about this thread until today - really enjoyed reading all your thoughtful replies to questions @Ziggy

Based on the change to push for awards season, as well as all the positive critical response we've received recently, I think it's safe to say that those pacing issues you described were fixed!

Can't wait for opening night!!

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Inferno
On 11/4/2017 at 6:41 PM, Ziggy said:

The better question is: could you see this idea being nominated for best picture.

Quite honestly if films as pedestrian as The Blind Side or Silver Linings Playbook could not only be nominated but win oscars, why not ASIB right?

nswain1110
9 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Quite honestly if films as pedestrian as The Blind Side or Silver Linings Playbook could not only be nominated but win oscars, why not ASIB right?

It’s being touted heavily as an oscar contender in multiple categories so I think  it’s awards potential is on lock. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Inferno
On 11/5/2017 at 7:02 PM, djBuffoon said:

So you concede that she won an acting award... for her acting. :laughga: Hence, she's not as bad as you or the YT videos are claiming. But in any case, your initial argument was that they gave her as little dialogue as possible, while I definitely remember her having quite a bit of dialogue all throughout the season. In fact, one of the most acclaimed episodes (Flicker) was the one which involved her character the most. 

not to be a sour sam but most people know golden globes are often bought, hence why she wasnt even nominated for an emmy

FrankGutz
On 11/4/2017 at 7:17 PM, Ziggy said:

So the beginning is solid and the first time we hear gaga sing is GORGEOUS. SO judy Garland. I was awestruck. The middle onwards it gets a little haywire, but the ending is also really gorgeous. Gaga always sounds fantastic and her acting is good. My friend goes, "This is pretty much Joanne lol"

giphy.gif

HYPED Cancelled

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

LePetitGAGABLover
On 11/18/2017 at 2:28 AM, Eden Chertock said:

ok as someone who was actually there when she filmed an amazing scene, I need to know how it looked on screen! 

***MAJOR SPOILER WARNING***

in the scene where she sings in that ballgown, after Bradley's character dies, I was a little monster extra for the filming. it was 4 hours after Sonja passed away. it was the most incredible thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. OSCARS ALL OVER IT IS RIGHT!!!! how did it look? was it as magical on screen as it was in person? Sonja was there in spirit that night. It was incredible. 

Wait he dies!?!?!?? Bye hype cancelledT:lmao:

calmar
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Wait he dies!?!?!?? Bye hype cancelledT:lmao:

He dies in every previous iteration of the movie, why would it be different for this one? 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

LePetitGAGABLover
3 minutes ago, calmar said:

He dies in every previous iteration of the movie, why would it be different for this one? 

Because I havent seen none of the other ones?:rip:

Im not here for crying during the movie:huntyga:

calmar
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Because I havent seen none of the other ones?:rip:

Im not here for crying during the movie:huntyga:

I mean, I haven't either. But when I heard it was a remake I went and read about the plot and various changes over the years so I knew what to compare and contrast with in this film. I suppose that's just a difference we have; I'd rather know in advance and others don't. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Archived