Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD hints at new Taylor single

Spock

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Monster Boy said:

The gap :rip:

Someone know where was CTTR at its 9th week ?

At #27  :cryga:

Chained to the Rhythm (2017) *2 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #4 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #8
3rd Week: #12 
4th Week: #13
5th Week: #15 
6th Week: #19
7th Week: #13
8th Week: #19
9th Week: #27 
10th Week: #38 
11th Week: #51 
12th Week: #74 
13th Week: #87 
14th Week: #88 
15th Week: #86 
(knocked out)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver
14 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I mean the difference in performance (the first 10 and 9 weeks) between her lead singles. Its quite shocking tbh. The buzz the first few weeks was there, but now...

Shake It Off (2014/2015) *24 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #1 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #1
3rd Week: #2
4th Week: #2
5th Week: #2
6th Week: #2
7th Week: #2
8th Week: #2
9th Week: #2
10th Week: #2

Look What You Made Me Do (2017) *8 week in Top 10 (so far)*
1st Week: #77
2nd Week: #1
3rd Week: #1
4th Week: #1
5th Week: #3
6th Week: #3
7th Week: #5 
8th Week: #4
9th Week: #10 (still charting)

She had an extra super buzz for Shake it Off cause it was her “first pop single”! Plus SIO is way more catchy compared to LWYMMD. I think both of them did great!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

At #27  :cryga:

Chained to the Rhythm (2017) *2 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #4 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #8
3rd Week: #12 
4th Week: #13
5th Week: #15 
6th Week: #19
7th Week: #13
8th Week: #19
9th Week: #27 
10th Week: #38 
11th Week: #51 
12th Week: #74 
13th Week: #87 
14th Week: #88 
15th Week: #86 
(knocked out)

CTTR feels like one of the biggest songs of the year here though i know it charted okay and is a top 5 for katy here but the radio support was huge the video was everywhere etc all year long, plus feels was big here went to 1 i think and swish swish is having a lot of longevity! its a decent hit here too. even bon appetit which was the flop of the album charted for like 10 weeks in the uk which is still a bit of a hit. whereas lwymmd has had littke radio play in comparison to katys hits and just seems like its free falling the video is being snubbed on our tvs to some level, ...ready for it? debuted high here but is falling extremely quick and with literally no radio support Taylor is struggling to maintain relevancy with other females including katy gaga riri and new comers like camila delivering. im here for tay but tbh she is a flop :trollga:

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She had an extra super buzz for Shake it Off cause it was her “first pop single”! Plus SIO is way more catchy compared to LWYMMD. I think both of them did great!

id have to disagree and say that LWYMMD had more buzz than Shake It Off. 

Taylor was coming back from one of the most successful eras of the century when LWYMMD dropped. People were thirsty. Of course LWYMMD has the chart performance that many artists could only dream of, but when measuring it against herself or even Adele (which is the standard that i hold Taylor to), its not adding up.

7 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

I think you're right, she keep having the GP's attention but once the effect of surprise pass the song it self fade away cause really something that you gonna listen everyday is just exiciting. I ain't gonna lie she serves good visuals and interesting sounds but is not something that I will watch or hear more than that 

She better watch out, cause for the moment she's exciting and I'm pretty sure everybody gonna talk about ...Ready For it video (specially the naked part) but I'm not sure how long this strategy gonna work. The GP is so unpredictable, they love an artist and suddenly they hate him. And the fact that she is way too much overexposed everywhere ain't gonna help :oprah:

i totally get what you mean, plus i feel like her new music is just lacking in so much quality like its interesting but its just like fast food music like theres no authenticity or anything special with her music now..her biggest rival katy has even coped because she has added humour whereas taylor takes herself too seriously and its not working imo in terms of gaining public popularity i love her as an artist but this era just isnt working and im in shock.

alextruper17
42 minutes ago, Monster Boy said:

Her witness era 

Excuse me no

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

1 hour ago, Saint Hollywood said:

or the rumored Lorde/Selena song? :chica:

You can never know with miss Swift :selena:

SIS WHAT

YOU DIDN'T SAID THAT COLLAB IT'S HAPPENING

I'M HYPERVENTILATING

... and now i just sit in silence.

BBhomemaker
6 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

i totally get what you mean, plus i feel like her new music is just lacking in so much quality like its interesting but its just like fast food music like theres no authenticity or anything special with her music now..her biggest rival katy has even coped because she has added humour whereas taylor takes herself too seriously and its not working imo in terms of gaining public popularity i love her as an artist but this era just isnt working and im in shock.

Exactly "Fast-food music" I couldn't discribed better, it's interesting by the visuals and the fact that she change her image but is not meaningful or thoughtful, is just "hey look at me I'm the new Taylor and I'm fierce". Gorgeous is bland, I know she can write better than this, so I hope there are more deep songs in the album 

It better be her best yet, the curent songs are underwhelming with an exception of Ready For It (a semi hit) 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Saint Hollywood
5 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

SIS WHAT

YOU DIDN'T SAID THAT COLLAB IT'S HAPPENING

I'M HYPERVENTILATING

I stated it towards the end of the Taylor thread :laughga:

TheRoof
42 minutes ago, Monster Boy said:

My prediction for reputation's first week in The US  : 161k :bon:

i see what you did there :poot:

1 minute ago, Saint Hollywood said:

I stated it towards the end of the Taylor thread :laughga:

The pedo mess thread made me forgot about that one :selena:

... and now i just sit in silence.

destructivelove

Wait. Did the promo video for ready for it actually have her lips matching to the lyrics at all??  What if ready for it was just used to hype the single and the video is actually for a song we haven't heard yet!!!  

5 hours ago, destructivelove said:

Wait. Did the promo video for ready for it actually have her lips matching to the lyrics at all??  What if ready for it was just used to hype the single and the video is actually for a song we haven't heard yet!!!  

Her Instagram says it’s (for) RFI Official Music video so.. nope :poot:

Archived