💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

15 years of 'Stripped'

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

While Christina isn’t the first pop star to place feminist rhetoric into pop culture, she led the charge at the beginning of the 21st century of influencing the next generation of impressionable teens who were too young for Janet and Madonna’s curriculum. Also at the beginning of the 21st century, the ability to share music and discuss its contents shifted with music sharing and social networking sites emerging. If your close friends couldn’t relate to a new song or movie, you could find communities online to discuss the themes and find support.

Enter “Beautiful,” a Linda Perry penned ballad addressing inner beauty, self-esteem, and insecurity issues. The song received universal praise from critics, and skyrocketed up the charts around the world, but it was the video that solidified the track as an anthem for a generation. As the new century began and generations from yesteryear started retiring from public life, (i.e. racist and homophobic people started checking into the looney bin and dying) people who were the product of the ‘60s and ‘70s free love era started taking the helms. One marker of the changing tides, same-sex marriage slowly gained acceptance. In 2001, The Netherlands became the first country in the world to legalize same-gender loving unions.

So, Christina was right on time with “Beautiful.”

The Jonas Åkerlund directed video earned Aguilera a GLAAD Media Award for its positive portrayal of gay and transgender people, and if you look even deeper, you’ll see additional issues of representation covered including a young African-American woman burning magazine pages featuring only white women and a teen boy wrestling with body image issues.

More @ https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/christina-aguileras-stripped-is-15-and-still-amazing_us_59ebf681e4b092f9f24192ca

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

aaron l

No one talks about Beautiful anymore like it deserves to be talked about. Let me just inform you of the music video.

It still brings emotions that I need every once in a while.

By far, my favorite Christina album. Every song is quality, but shout outs to Walk Away, Cruz, and Get Mine Get Yours - probably my holy trinity of songs from the album.

❤ x ❤

ctherainbow

The Beautiful video was the first time in my life I saw gays depicted in a positive light.  Songs from Stripped and Back to Basics kept my gay ass alive before Gaga came around to carry the torch.   :giveup: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

The album is a masterpiece, I listened to it over and over when I was young and beautiful I know you will

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

aaron l
24 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

The Beautiful video was the first time in my life I saw gays depicted in a positive light.  Songs from Stripped and Back to Basics kept my gay ass alive before Gaga came around to carry the torch.   :giveup: 

Yes! Still being quite young, it actually was one of my first times even seeing two men kiss. Which I've never really even acknowledged before. Props to Christina.

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, aaron l said:

No one talks about Beautiful anymore like it deserves to be talked about. Let me just inform you of the music video.

It still brings emotions that I need every once in a while.

Oh god that video gets me every freakin time 😭. The goth guy in the back of the bus always makes me cry because nobody wanted to sit next to the "freak". I've been there so many freakin times. That scene always reminds me of Sharon Needles because everyone just sees her as this "freak" and yet she has kept every single fan letter she has gotten and some of them have made her cry (she's admitted this). We should all celebrate the freaks because "they are beautiful in every single way" ♥️

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Archived