Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin Timberlake officially the next Super Bowl halftime performer

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess they alternate with a queen for the gays and a basic for the straights every year 

giphy.gif

who will love me when the night is over

BBhomemaker
33 minutes ago, Spock said:

Guess they alternate with a queen for the gays and a basic for the straights every year 

giphy.gif

c7f.gif

2013 : Beyoncé 

2014 : Bruno

2015 : Katy 

2016 : Coldplay 

GAGA17 : Best superbowl all the time

2018 : Timberlake 

Missjay9.gif

Oh wow you're so right ! :blink:

Umm see you in 2019 :bye: xoxo - BB

Irrelevant
11 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Why didn't they get a ****ing band? 

Just be thankful Adam Levine And His Gang wasn't brought up there

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Gagaloo911

Am I a hypocrite for now saying I don't care about the halftime show now. I only ever cared for it this year anyway and only because it was Gaga :selena:

Now I can go back to not caring about it like I didn't any other year :lolly:

re di tutto
On 10/23/2017 at 8:12 AM, Edonis said:

It’s been up for almost 10 Minutes and has barely any likes or RTs :selena: 

America is sleeping.

Not The Real Gaga
On 23-10-2017 at 4:01 AM, Bebe said:

While I'm sure Justin didn't mean to rip her top off, it was his response afterwards and him throwing Janet under the bus that makes people the most angry.

He was supposed to rip off a part of her top revealing her red bra, instead he ripped off both pieces. Was there any criticism of Justin for accidently ripping off her bra? No - Although Justin was the one who messed up, the blame was put on Janet for having breasts, for having her breast just... Flop out after the material used to cover it was ripped away by another person.

People are mad that, while Janet was disinvited from that years Grammy awards, Justin Timberlake was invited, he performed and he won at the Grammys that same year. People are mad that while Janet got blacklisted from radio and music video channels leading to a notable dip in her career success (According to Rolling Stone, Viacom blacklisted her by "keeping her music videos off their properties MTV, VH1, and radio stations under their umbrella,"), Justin received no such treatment, was regularly invited on SNL, casually became a movie star and has now been invited back to the Superbowl stage.

What's frustrating is that Justin let Janet take all the heat, more concerned with making it as a solo artist than doing the right thing. While Janet was being banned from events and blacklisted, Justin was making jokes like "Hey man, we love giving you all something to talk about". Even in 2014, with Janet's career basically irrevocably damaged, when Justin was asked about the incident he replied "I take that I chose not to comment on it still, after 10 years. I'm not touching that thing with a 10-foot pole." Even ten years later, far removed from the initial outrage, with his career just fine, he refused to defend Janet or take any responsibility for what happened.

Janet herself feels like Justin didn't do enough to defend her, Justin Timberlake never fully explained his role in exposing Janet Jackson and Janet later said she was upset that he remained mostly silent when people blamed her for Nipplegate.

Janet Jackson is a legend, an icon and people feel like her legacy was unfairly ripped from under her. Her career took a nose dive it never recovered from, she was the one who copped 99% of the blame, she was the one blacklisted from radio and T.V and Justin Timberlake just made some cheeky jokes about the incident and was allowed to continue moving on with his career unaffected. People are mad about the sexism and racism that allowed Janet to be publicly destroyed, while overlooking Justin who actually ripped the garment. People are mad that Justin never faced any criticism or heat for his role in the incident. People are mad that he never stood up to defend Janet. People are mad that 14 years later Justin is welcomed with open arms to perform at the Halftime Show when the industry still shuns Janet Jackson and mentions the infamous incident whenever she appears in the news.

People are angry at the injustice of a talented, powerful, hard working black woman having her career publicly destroyed while the white man who ripped her top open and exposed her breast is still welcomed with open arms to the very stage where the incident happened.

Janet Jackson a 'legend'? :sharon:

Gurl, in which world? 

ModernEcstasy

I can’t believe how so many of you are still going on about the Janet incident. 

It was a joint effort. She was involved just as much as he was. Yes he could’ve made an effort to defend her, but it’s not his fault how people reacted. 

Chris Brown beat the shizzle outta Rih and y’all still listen to his music. Priorities ladies!

Boooooring

The only thing that can save is is a cheesy NSYNC reunion, which will be as memorable as fidget spinners

TheRoof
19 hours ago, Unites said:

Janet Jackson a 'legend'? :sharon:

Gurl, in which world? 

In the world  1 second after the incident :trollga:

but then Justin and misogyni america deleted her from the map

Archived