question

Best Latin inspired Gaga song?

FfFfFfFF

Best Latin inspired Gaga song.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Best Latin inspired Gaga song?

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

The Argonaut about Alejandro: The song feels forced, and its Latin beat does not mesh well with Lady Gaga's style.

MTV: Lady Gaga dabbled in Latin-sounding music on Fame Monster with Alejandro, but for Born This Way, Gaga took that sound to a whole new level on Americano, a charging, no-holds-barred statement about love of all kinds, played up against the chugging backdrop of Spanish guitar, horns and a disco-ready beat.

Vhhits: Lady Gaga wanted her track Americano to be full Mexicano. The singer – who previously used Latin influences on her single Alejandro- wanted to emphasise ...

Wikipedia: Gaga had previously experimented with Latin music on the track Alejandro from The Fame Monster (2009), but with Americano she took the musical composition to another direction.

Wikipedia about Americano: It combines mariachi, house, and techno genres with elements from Latin music.

Lady Gaga: Pop's Glam Queen: ... Eurodisco of Scheibe, the winking, Latin-tinged dance-pop of Americano ...

Chicago Tribune: Beck brings a Latin feel to Dancin' in Circles.

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Blake said:

You voting for all 3 is tragic. :flop:

It's not when I like them all. :awkney:

Dancin' in Circles 'cause Alejandro is already a hit while Americano is... nevermind:poot:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Why? Only because you say so? :oprah:

Looking back at your similar threads, seems like I'm not the only one who cringes at the poll while seeing the genre/influence the thread is about. Your receipts are not good enough. Just because some "musical expert" or "reviewer" said that DIC is Latin, it doesn't mean it is. I believe that what they're talking about in the particular case is the Bollywood influence in it, but that's how limited their hearing is. Don't fall for these reviews, they just add these random nonsensical words/genres in order to make their review longer and it probably makes them feel eloquent or smart or something. Like, "Lady Gaga with Venus brought back the 80s pop sound, with disco influence, rock guitars and a jazz sound through it", brief example. Just because it's a Latin name, Alejandro has nothing Latin-inspired, let alone the beat lol. Gotta give you Americano.

xoxo, MaryJaneHolland :bon:

FfFfFfFF
11 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Looking back at your similar threads, seems like I'm not the only one who cringes at the poll while seeing the genre/influence the thread is about. Your receipts are not good enough. Just because some "musical expert" or "reviewer" said that DIC is Latin, it doesn't mean it is. I believe that what they're talking about in the particular case is the Bollywood influence in it, but that's how limited their hearing is. Don't fall for these reviews, they just add these random nonsensical words/genres in order to make their review longer and it probably makes them feel eloquent or smart or something. Like, "Lady Gaga with Venus brought back the 80s pop sound, with disco influence, rock guitars and a jazz sound through it", brief example. Just because it's a Latin name, Alejandro has nothing Latin-inspired, let alone the beat lol. Gotta give you Americano.

If some people are disagreeing means I should stop? All of my polls had 40-50 votes at least so people agreeing are more than disagreeing any way. :bon: 

If a critic linked a genre to one song it's enough for me consider it suitable for being an option in this thread. Their opinion is more relevant for this subject than the opinion of one non-expert person.

And as long as mods are okay with these I will keep making similar threads so you have the option to logout. :bon:

tomsches

how is DiC latin inspired? Even Alejandro isnt latin inspire except for the title 

youandi
9 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I agree with what you're saying about reviewers just making stuff up but I definitely think there's a touch of 'latin' or something similar in both Alejandro and DiC. 

Would you say the La Isla Bonita has a Latin inspired instrumental? Cause I find those songs in a similar kind of category 

15 hours ago, tomsches said:

how is DiC latin inspired? Even Alejandro isnt latin inspire except for the title 

DIC has Latin, tropical beat like Despacito, and many other Latin songs. It's a kind of song that could be the highlight @RockinRio

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

FfFfFfFF
Just now, tomsches said:

For me DIC has those dancehall/ raeggae influence which are pretty common in latin songs (like Despacito :selena: ). Alejandro is more europop rather than latin but that line ''you know that I love you boy'' (which is by the way similar with ''hurts inside but not this time'') kinda give the song a latin allure. 

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, youandi said:

I agree with what you're saying about reviewers just making stuff up but I definitely think there's a touch of 'latin' or something similar in both Alejandro and DiC. 

Would you say the La Isla Bonita has a Latin inspired instrumental? Cause I find those songs in a similar kind of category 

Sure. The intro and the breaks between the chorus and the verses are straight up Latin and you can hear maracas or something similar like that through the whole song.

Archived