Katy Perry's 'Witness' Falls Off Billboard 200

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters
6 hours ago, Psychedelic said:

Joanne also has been out of the chart for couple of weeks and been back, I dont know if Katy wil return, yet this type of threads are so unecessary.

Most hated fan base... its.whtashedeserves.gif

no, it's been charting for 43 weeks straight since its debut. did you not read the OP lol

emma roberts is an abuser

27monster27
5 hours ago, Monster Boy said:

Well, I would not worry about that. I try not to get worked up with someone that puts so much energy into hating someone or something else. In fact I kind of feel bad for them, think, they might be having some problem that might be causing them to direct their anger in that way.

he/him/his

Judas Oyster
On 21.10.2017 at 11:39 PM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Joanne (2016/2017)
1st Week: #1
2nd Week: #5
3rd Week: #11
4th Week: #21
5th Week: #14
6th Week: #13
7th Week: #18
8th Week: #19
9th Week: #20
10th Week: #34
11th Week: #49
12th Week: #50
13th Week: #58
14th Week: #59
15th Week: #66 
16th Week: #2 
17th Week: #8
18th Week: #20
19th Week: #27 
20th Week: #27 
21st Week: #36
22nd Week: #44
23rd Week: #44
24th Week: #58
25th Week: #66
26th Week: #55 
27th Week: #80
28th Week: #110
29th Week: #121
30th Week: #116
31st Week: #147
32nd Week: #138
33rd Week: #161
34th Week: #174
35th Week: #190
36th Week: #177
37th Week: #163 
38th Week: #172
39th Week: #151
40th Week: #172
41st Week: #45
42nd Week: #69

43rd Week: #103 (still charting)

How did she get so "high" numbers those 2 weeks? o.O Was it bc of the documentary? I though the tour was already cancelled by then? I'm just guessing it was cancelled by then I'm only asking

Judas Oyster

Actually Gaga's numbers are good bc she's almost been in the top 200 for 1 year altogether. Kinda surprising. I wonder if this would be as good if it wasn't for her SuperBowl performance (lol I actually wrote Super Ball)

DiscoHeaven23
1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

How did she get so "high" numbers those 2 weeks? o.O Was it bc of the documentary? I though the tour was already cancelled by then? I'm just guessing it was cancelled by then I'm only asking

yea, it was the documentary

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Swish Swish has over 284 million views what r u smoking?

Oops, I obviously meant to say "likes." I'll edit it.

19 hours ago, PeterPan said:

all this fanbase bickering is so f*cking stupid, why cant they just support each other. Like I stan probably like 20 females. I dont wish floppage on any of them.

It's hard to support an artist who planned her era to coincide with Gaga's in the hope that she'd take the glory, which she did. AP never properly got off the ground because of Katy, there was too much comparison to be made and the public rallied round Katy and put Gaga down. Katy's fans especially where awful to Gaga fans. I'm just not forgiving of stuff like that and believe it all comes back around. If an artist has done something bad to my fave or someone is untalented but is getting undeserved success, I just can't support them. I treat celebrities no different from ordinary people.

ferretti
13 hours ago, Evan Peters said:

no, it's been charting for 43 weeks straight since its debut. did you not read the OP lol

Nah, Joanne definitely fell out a couple weeks, for sure. It was even MIA for the two weeks before the doc brought it back to life.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Psychedelic
15 hours ago, Evan Peters said:

No, it went out and the documentary brought it back. How can you be in a chart for exactly ONE 43-straight-WEEK year, if 1 year has 52 weeks?

Do you not comprehend Logics?

Psychedelic
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Oops, I obviously meant to say "likes." I'll edit it.

It's hard to support an artist who planned her era to coincide with Gaga's in the hope that she'd take the glory, which she did. AP never properly got off the ground because of Katy, there was too much comparison to be made and the public rallied round Katy and put Gaga down. Katy's fans especially where awful to Gaga fans. I'm just not forgiving of stuff like that and believe it all comes back around. If an artist has done something bad to my fave or someone is untalented but is getting undeserved success, I just can't support them. I treat celebrities no different from ordinary people.

Your 1st post on this thread was so assertive and then you completely derailed on his one. Katy's management team deserves this fall, her fans also but not Katy herself. She did not plan PRISM to make ARTPOP flop. She does not decide release dates, she does not decide production schedules, HER TEAM does. And she did not drag Gaga personally, her fans did. Gaga sent her flowers recently, they're friends. Taking this to a personal level is so immature.

Katy definitely brought this on her by taking so long to evolve in her image and music, like you said mentioned and definitely has not improved her vocals like Gaga has. But saying she is completely "untalented" is so subjective.

StrawberryBlond
22 minutes ago, Psychedelic said:

Your 1st post on this thread was so assertive and then you completely derailed on his one. Katy's management team deserves this fall, her fans also but not Katy herself. She did not plan PRISM to make ARTPOP flop. She does not decide release dates, she does not decide production schedules, HER TEAM does. And she did not drag Gaga personally, her fans did. Gaga sent her flowers recently, they're friends. Taking this to a personal level is so immature.

Katy definitely brought this on her by taking so long to evolve in her image and music, like you said mentioned and definitely has not improved her vocals like Gaga has. But saying she is completely "untalented" is so subjective.

True, her management team is the one responsible but Katy is the one with her name on all the credits, she could have refused to keep going at a rate to get the album out by October. I can't find the article, but I'm sure I saw a piece that stated that Prism was originally intended for release in early 2014 but Katy decided to move quicker and get the album out by the end of the year. When Gaga announced all the stuff about AP, Katy was saying at the time that her album was halfway done. But no sooner had Gaga put out all this stuff than Katy announced her comeback out the blue. So, I don't know how much of her management can be blamed for this and whose decision it truly was to rush things to coincide. But yes, ultimately, I will never forgive Capitol for what they did. RCA used to be at the top of my s**t list, now it's them. They are such a money-grabbing label who are all about keeping their artists generic and re-releasing and reducing the price of singles to make them sell. What they did with the release schedule to go up against Gaga was underhanded and cruel and they should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

But honestly, I have calmed towards Katy recently and yes, I really do think her and Gaga have patched things up. But Katy has shaded Gaga multiple times in the past, so I'm still super wary of her. Still a bit of a frenemy vibe from her. I've said before that I treat celebrities like people in real life and like people in real life, I'm frosty towards those who have been mean to the ones I like or have a reputation for themselves.

And I never said that Katy was untalented. I just don't think her talent is on the same level as Gaga's.

Mana Mahad
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

And I never said that Katy was untalented. I just don't think her talent is on the same level as Gaga's.

Sis katy is untalented .... :bon:

Psychedelic
37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

True, her management team is the one responsible but Katy is the one with her name on all the credits, she could have refused to keep going at a rate to get the album out by October. I can't find the article, but I'm sure I saw a piece that stated that Prism was originally intended for release in early 2014 but Katy decided to move quicker and get the album out by the end of the year. When Gaga announced all the stuff about AP, Katy was saying at the time that her album was halfway done. But no sooner had Gaga put out all this stuff than Katy announced her comeback out the blue. So, I don't know how much of her management can be blamed for this and whose decision it truly was to rush things to coincide. But yes, ultimately, I will never forgive Capitol for what they did. RCA used to be at the top of my s**t list, now it's them. They are such a money-grabbing label who are all about keeping their artists generic and re-releasing and reducing the price of singles to make them sell. What they did with the release schedule to go up against Gaga was underhanded and cruel and they should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

But honestly, I have calmed towards Katy recently and yes, I really do think her and Gaga have patched things up. But Katy has shaded Gaga multiple times in the past, so I'm still super wary of her. Still a bit of a frenemy vibe from her. I've said before that I treat celebrities like people in real life and like people in real life, I'm frosty towards those who have been mean to the ones I like or have a reputation for themselves.

Definitely not, I couldnt agree more on that part yet you seem to forget Gaga was a bit shady towards Katy once too, why is she not getting the same treatment? Well, in all honesty I dont wanna go further in this. I guess there will always be people who dislike Perry personally even if it;s onlye because of the PREISM vs ARTPOP whole fiasco, which imo was not Katy;s fault at all.

Archived