Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Xtina's singles peaked so low?

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

I was just going through Xtina's singles discography and I was shook. Like, Dirrty (a song which everybody knows) peaked at #48, Fighter at #20, HURT at #19, Candyman at #25?? Can someone explain this to me? :selena:

• Phoebe Buffay changed the title to Why Xtina's singles peaked so low?
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brit4ever

US hates Xtina and Britney I guess. Like, Oops peaking at 9?........ :awkney: I guess they(especialy Xtina) were seen as too controvercial and parents didn't liked them at the time.

GlitterAndGrease
3 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

US hates Xtina and Britney I guess. Like, Oops peaking at 9?........ :awkney: I guess they(especialy Xtina) were seen as too controvercial and parents didn't liked them at the time.

Britney was banned from us radio until 2004

The Child

It's going down I'm yelling OREOS!

nglltkoyol39em4o4qumx0gikwu2zdorgsszetbx

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Phoebe Buffay
11 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

Yeah, I guess that's the reason. :shrug:

33 minutes ago, GlitterAndGrease said:

Not during the Oops! era. The ban started with I'm Slave 4 U. It's a mistery to me that Oops! only peaked at #9

Stefani Gaga
1 hour ago, Hades said:

I missed her tbh. That damn album has taken so long.

It’s coming in 2014. :derpga:

q4yyUGr.gif

I’m A mEsS! sTaY aWaY fRoM mE, mY eIgHt PeTs AnD mY bLuE bIsCuItS, yOu FrEaK!

doppelganger
2 hours ago, monster987 said:

I was just going through Xtina's singles discography and I was shook. Like, Dirrty (a song which everybody knows) peaked at #48, Fighter at #20, HURT at #19, Candyman at #25?? Can someone explain this to me? :selena:

There was a huge backlash with "Dirty" and her new look. The video took raunchiness to a whole new level. Fighter was played on MTV all the time though. I didn't pay attention to Billboard then, but Beautiful and Fighter seemed like a hit because it was played consistently over a period of a few months (unlike today where songs can slip out of the Hot100 after 2/3 weeks)

TheWitness
8 minutes ago, Stefani Gaga said:

It’s coming in 2014. :derpga:

q4yyUGr.gif

Sis your definately on internet explorer  :air:

Host Of Lyricasism

RAMROD

I was living as high school teenager at that era, and honestly, aside from MTV, I rarely heard them played on the radio. The radio favored Hip hop, Rap, and Rock music more at that time. And at school, you would not want to be obvious that you are stanning for them or you will be laughed at or even bullied. These genre of music are only heard by some teenage girls and little kids.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

brit4ever
3 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Not during the Oops! era. The ban started with I'm Slave 4 U. It's a mistery to me that Oops! only peaked at #9

idk if it's true, but I've heared that Oops was not released as physical single and it charted on airplay alone. If that's true it's realy logical.

brit4ever
3 hours ago, GlitterAndGrease said:

Yeah, from 2001-4. 

Born To Slay
3 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Didn't Britney limit the number physical singles at the time so that people would buy her album? 

Thomas P
48 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Didn't Britney limit the number physical singles at the time so that people would buy her album? 

That’s smart 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived