đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Joanne bigger than BTW in the US?

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

monketsharona
2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Not to mention Joanne also had the SB and coachella performances. Imagine how much worse MR, JWT or sales would have been without them. As much as I love Joanne, the SB and coachelle performances of her OLD hits saved the era 

So true... Let's be a bit honest Million reasons needed the SB exposure + a ton of discounts to impact #4 of Billboard Hot100

Next era she won't have SB and Coachella to save her era... She'll have only to count on her creativity (and the good deals)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceOfTheStorm
11 minutes ago, KING said:

When have you seen Joanne or that pink hat as much as this....

089.jpgimg_4049.jpgLady+Gaga+bornthisway+billboard+WEHO.jpgBorn-This-Way-Lady-Gaga.jpg

Can my house look like the second image? And then have the other albums on the other sides. :pray:

signing out

brit4ever

BTW wins in every category. It's impact was 10x bigger than Joanne's and was 10x more successful. Let's be honest, 1/2 of Joanne's sales are due to the SB, prior to it Joanne was almost out of the Hot 200 and MR hadn't even reached the top 50 on the Hot 100(and was falling).

Born To Slay

1.8m thru amazin discounts? No. Only like 400k was sold for 99 cents. 

Joanne didn't come close to BTW in terms of album sales. The only way it beats BTW is thru touring.

Born To Slay
2 hours ago, brit4ever said:

BTW wins in every category. It's impact was 10x bigger than Joanne's and was 10x more successful. Let's be honest, 1/2 of Joanne's sales are due to the SB, prior to it Joanne was almost out of the Hot 200 and MR hadn't even reached the top 50 on the Hot 100(and was falling).

It doesn't matter that half of it's success is Super Bowl related. She promoted the album and it paid off. That's how it works.

Lextyr97

I think popularity wise, Born This Way takes the cake. It was absolutely EVEEEEERYWHEREEEEEEEE. Joanne is the better era for Gaga I think though. Less hate, less backlash, and the tour seems to be in much better shape than BTWB. Also, Joanne is about to cross 1mil in the US, sis. I think it did cross this week.

TheRoof
2 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

I think popularity wise, Born This Way takes the cake. It was absolutely EVEEEEERYWHEREEEEEEEE. Joanne is the better era for Gaga I think though. Less hate, less backlash, and the tour seems to be in much better shape than BTWB. Also, Joanne is about to cross 1mil in the US, sis. I think it did cross this week.

Joanne has sold 585k in pures sales :poot: also with streaming and all the other things is at 900k 

still better than miss katherine tho :bon:

Arizona Sky
3 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

1.8m thru amazin discounts? No. Only like 400k was sold for 99 cents. 

Joanne didn't come close to BTW in terms of album sales. The only way it beats BTW is thru touring.

That's what I was saying, 1.8M without Amazon

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, BloodyMonster said:

That's what I was saying, 1.8M without Amazon

Oh, I thought u meant she sold that thru the amazon deal. My bad. 

But still, even with the change in sales climate, it's hard to compare the two with Joanne coming out on top. BTW was the third best selling album of 2011. Joanne isn't even close to the biggest selling album of 2016-2017

On 10/21/2017 at 11:05 AM, BloodyMonster said:

Call me delusional, but I think it might be. Clearly BTW is bigger WW, but Joanne held up with it in the US. Singles wise, BTW/TEOG are probably bigger than MR, so BTW wins this round. Album sales wise, BTW sold 2.2 million copies in its first 12 months and Joanne has done 580,000. Technically BTW sold 1.8M though because of the Amazon discount. Joanne sales in a 2016/2017 climate are about equivalent to BTW's sales in a 2011 climate. Not to mention Joanne is still charting on the BB200 at #103 a year later and is bound to pass BTW's 55 weeks spent on that chart. They are about equal in this category. Tour wise, Joanne has the edge. Although we only got a few dates due to the cancellation, the BTWB's average gross per date in the US was $1.3 million. The JWT's average US gross so far is $2.9 million. Here is where I think Joanne has an advantage, her image and the general public's perception of her is so much better now than in the BTW era. Back then, everyone thought of her as the crazy girl who wore crazy costumes and now, they respect her as an artist with talent. My point is that Joanne faired well in the US especially considering it wasn't coming off a TF/M sized era like BTW. Clearly she's got room for improvement WW though. So which era do you think was bigger in the US, Born This Way or Joanne?

she is one of the more popular female artist WW right now. no thanks to MR and Superbowl. European and Asian monsters could prove my point here :classy:

brit4ever
3 hours ago, Gagafy said:

she is one of the more popular female artist WW right now. no thanks to MR and Superbowl. European and Asian monsters could prove my point here :classy:

She is popular as a persson indeed, her music though........

brit4ever
10 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

It doesn't matter that half of it's success is Super Bowl related. She promoted the album and it paid off. That's how it works.

And still, Joanne's impact was minimal. And you get the chance to perform at the SB only once(unless you are Beyonce) so I'm worried if there would still be hype about LG6, I realy hope so, but who knows.....

FfFfFfFF
7 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Joanne isn't even close to the biggest selling album of 2016-2017

I don't think this is true (talking about female artists).

4 hours ago, brit4ever said:

She is popular as a persson indeed, her music though........

MR is quite popular actually, for straight and non fans and her haters, as i have tons of them in my circle and they loved it.

Archived