• Come to Mama
    • Just Another Day
    • Cheek to Cheek tracks/ other live covers
    • Applause SNL jazz version
    • Bad Romance Rainbow Room version
    • You & I jazz version

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Billboard about ARTPOP: Gaga is an artist that creates for the sake of creation, and this is her manifesto, set over a lurching electro-jazz beast that grows wilder with each passing second.

Gaga in ARTPOP Track by track Commentary about Venus: ... this sort of futuristic disco meets late 70s and jazz and this really really kind of goofy groove.

Bensbeat: Come To Mama is another great track, with its jazzy and glamorous instrumental and fantastic melody that sounds like Ronson recreating one of his early Amy Winehouse tracks. 

Billboard about Come To Mama: A sly, swinging bit of jazz pop penned by Gaga with Tillman and Emile Haynie.

Out about Come To Mama: It’s kind of Beatles-sounding, with Gaga’s powerful wailing thrown over jazzy beats.

Andpop about Come To Mama: It’s a sweet song with a beautiful jazz sound and just feels honest. 

Theodysseyonline about Just Another Day: This song just exudes happiness, with its jazz beats and uplifting guitar riffs.

Theodysseyonline about Joanne the album: Songs Come to Mama and Just Another Day are very 50s jazz.

Also according to Wikipedia Gaga wrote a jazz song named Paradise for Cheek to Cheek by herself but sadly I can't add it to the poll because we don't know how it sounded. 

Edit: Crushingkrisis: I feel like “Angel Down” begging for is somber brass arrangement a la New Orleans Jazz or even Louis Armstrong. 

migamiga

I've always loved the snl jazz version of applause and glad it was sort of trending on twitter recently. but please do not forget about this godliness :giveup:

FfFfFfFF
27 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

If "Venus" is considered "Jazz" then Katy Perry is an Opera singer.:awkney:

Katy Perry is an Opera singer then.

euda.gif

migamiga
1 minute ago, Yuuri said:

If "Venus" is considered "Jazz" then Katy Perry is an Opera singer.:awkney:

Well to be fair, it does sample sun ra who is a jazz artist :lolga:

3 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Well to be fair, it does sample sun ra who is a jazz artist :lolga:

I'd say both songs are more Disco-synths than Jazzy in any way possible.

FfFfFfFF
21 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

I'd say both songs are more Disco-synths than Jazzy in any way possible.

Genres are relative. :gaycat: One song can be linked to a plethora of genres even if it's mainly under electro-pop label, let's say.

Archived