Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

HDD: P!nk 407k (384k pure), biggest pure sales week of 2017

Supersonic

Featured Posts

brit4ever
1 hour ago, AddMeOnMYSPACE said:

I guess it's safe to say that P!nk is bigger than Britney and Christina :reductive:

P!nk is without doubt more relevant than Britney and Christina nowadays, but Britney's name is bigger than P!nk's and she is more iconic than P!nk as well. I'm happy that P!nk is doing good though, she deserves it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

Obviously the people finding Taylor and Ed interesting are more than the ones finding Gaga interesting, wyp? 

Just because someone likes an artist doesn’t mean they are unique or interesting.

Theres plenty of songs that I like but that I don’t find creative or unique.

Sales do not equal intrigue.

brit4ever
12 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Just because someone likes an artist doesn’t mean they are unique or interesting.

Theres plenty of songs that I like but that I don’t find creative or unique.

Sales do not equal intrigue.

They do though........ There are different people with different tastes that like different things and find different things interesting. Obviously for Millions of people Taylor and Ed are interesting right now, just as Gaga was interesting for Millions in 2009-11. We are not talking about uniqueness, that's another thing, you said Taylor was not interesting, but she is not interesting for you, if you ask others they'd say Gaga is boring for example. You can't say what's interesting and whats not, you can say what's interesting for you, you know?

CautiousLurker
19 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

They do though........ There are different people with different tastes that like different things and find different things interesting. Obviously for Millions of people Taylor and Ed are interesting right now, just as Gaga was interesting for Millions in 2009-11. We are not talking about uniqueness, that's another thing, you said Taylor was not interesting, but she is not interesting for you, if you ask others they'd say Gaga is boring for example. You can't say what's interesting and whats not, you can say what's interesting for you, you know?

It doesn't say much about quality of their work though - most people wouldn't know good art if it hit them in the face, they just go along with the hype :lolga:

Economy
3 hours ago, Admin said:

Yeah, Pink seems like a great person and I wish her all the best, but I have to say it really bothers me that such mediocrity of an album is doing crazy numbers while people like Lana Del Rey or Lorde are barely shifting 100k. 

Well the debut week has more to do with hype and fan base more than anything else tbh... most ppl who bought the album barely had time to decide if they liked it

brit4ever
10 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

It doesn't say much about quality of their work though - most people wouldn't know good art if it hit them in the face, they just go along with the hype :lolga:

About quality yes, I agree that most people are dumb, there's literaly no other reason for Closer becoming a hit for example. :lolga: 

Economy
12 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Good art is subjective tho

this aint like math that has a right or wrong answer

i always found serious debates about music quality to be pointless and futile as theres really only a few technicalities u can look at (such as hitting notes correctly for example)

ppl can discuss their opinion just like i do but at the end of the day its still just an opinion

CautiousLurker
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Good art is subjective tho

this aint like math that has a right or wrong answer

i always found serious debates about music quality to be pointless and futile as theres really only a few technicalities u can look at (such as hitting notes correctly for example)

ppl can discuss their opinion just like i do but at the end of the day its still just an opinion

Just the fact alone that you wrote 'good art' implies that it's not subjective... You can tell when something is of superior quality in comparison... Just, when it comes to nuance, you have to pay more attention... It's that nuance that's usually skipped on people who haven't been making or looking and examining art extensively...

There are artistic skills that are a lot more difficult to master and thus are more valuable - there are things across different disciplines that are more difficult to pull off, so no, it's not all subjective... It's just that there's a difference between saying 'this is good work', and 'I like this work'... 

I always found the whole 'its just an opinion' argument lazy... It kinda makes it sound like all opinions are equal - they aren't... That argument is similar to 'nothing really matters cuz everyone will die eventually' spiel - that may be so, but aside from provoking a thought or two, that argument is useless - there's little application to it...

CautiousLurker
18 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

About quality yes, I agree that most people are dumb, there's literaly no other reason for Closer becoming a hit for example. :lolga: 

I still haven't listened to that one and Despacito :selena:

GagaMyBlood95

I mean, it is a huge number but we really have to take into consideration that half of that is from the ticket bundle which is again huge.

Nevertheless, impressive for sure :applause: 

Economy
33 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I still haven't listened to that one and Despacito :selena:

How did u avoid despacito? Its was everywhere. Its like trying to avoid Trump news... u cant :air: 

CautiousLurker
14 minutes ago, Economy said:

How did u avoid despacito? Its was everywhere. Its like trying to avoid Trump news... u cant :air: 

Don't have tv, don't listen to radios, my only source of entertainment is twitch and I also have a magical ability called having no life that ensures I don't hear anything new in a social setting :selena:

Economy
49 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Don't have tv, don't listen to radios, my only source of entertainment is twitch and I also have a magical ability called having no life that ensures I don't hear anything new in a social setting :selena:

:rip: 

LetsGetHigh
7 hours ago, Hades said:

She's 40yo and still selling the same as Gaga or artists who are half her age.:awkney:

Exactly! That's why I said talented popstar. One who has shown their true ability to the GP lol. It's consistent with other popstars who have gotten mad respect from the GP lately like Gaga. 

Archived