💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor's Gorgeous panned by Spin

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

-“Gorgeous,” Swift’s new single, reminds me a lot of this upgraded version of “Love Story,” but with all of the sentimentality and descriptive lyricism sanded off, leaving a fairly anodyne single about being drunk-ish and lusty in the club"

-"The arrangement is surprisingly thin, as though performed on a single keyboard and drum machine; Taylor’s voice stays firmly in the breathily confident zone displayed on the other Reputation singles, only rising during the irritating chorus"

-"As a songwriter, Taylor’s specificity in describing common situations like young love or heartbreak was her particular strength. But there is nothing so unique about her description of this familiar night time feeling (in which young people find themselves looking at a hot person in a dark), nothing personal or familiar until she slips in a self-aware line: “There’s nothing I hate more than what I can’t have / Guess I’ll just stumble on home to my cats.” She is awkward here, and wants you to know it, but that isn’t enough to justify how myopic the song is."

-"Taylor is trying very, very hard to push back against our notions of her personality on Reputation, which would be easier were the public not so firmly wary of her machinations. “Look What You Made Me Do” might have resonated as a camp single had she ever displayed a previous capability for camp, while “Ready For It?” instantly disappeared from the charts once it became clear it was nothing more than a college football promotional tool. “Gorgeous” offers itself up for amateur spelunking as easily as the former single"

-"The one thing you can believe about her, and about this song, is that she’s looking for something she can’t quite find."

https://www.spin.com/2017/10/taylor-swift-gorgeous-review/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaybeKermit

Tbh Im not looking forward to the album at all, just want to know WHAT she is going to deliver this time...

She already released 3 songs but they have no connection or anything idk

1 minute ago, Benji said:

The song is cute and a bop

Y'all can continue to seethe :lolly:

Most of these people don't like Taylor, so naturally they'll agree with any negativity towards her :lolly: 

2 minutes ago, sillynate said:

all I see is an artist taking her art in a bold new direction :whitney:

You call this a bold new direction? I mean she has never been as generic and shallow as now.

ZiggyZiggs
2 minutes ago, sillynate said:

:awkney: 

SlayGagaloo
3 minutes ago, sillynate said:

Lmao :awkney:

Over.

MrFameKills

The song is great, who even cares about SPIN or whatever a o<(0_0)>o is

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come