💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

DJWS/Garibay Plagarism Question...?

DrKindnessKunt1999

Featured Posts

Tokyo Rose
2 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Actually Gaga kicked Fernando off ARTPOP, so he's definitely not avoiding her "mess". She's avoiding him.

It wouldn't surprise me since she scrapped her work with RedOne in favor of the non-event "Joanne".

DJWS produced her one hit- Applause.  Fernando gave her an ERA that lasted 2 whole years and got the world's attention. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PropaGaga
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And the beats in question are just Mary Jane Holland & Donatella anyway. Aura to a certain degree too, but they deviated so much from the original they went from, that I'm surprised that Infected Mushroom were credited as co-writers and producers anyway. Also, none of those songs were DJWS productions, they were Zedd's & Madeon's.

Let me also add that DJWS has never been accused of ripping off songs from other artists, at least as far as I'm aware. Meanwhile Fernando (and RedOne) rehash their productions all over the place and are involved in lawsuits for plagiarism.

I really resent the idea that any producer is somehow critical to Gaga's success when she's the driving force behind everything. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is disposable except for the artist. What matters is who helps her achieve what she wants best and who has less ego. And by all accounts, including Gaga's own, those people have really only been DJWS and Mark Ronson.

PropaGaga
Just now, Tokyo Rose said:

It wouldn't surprise me since she scrapped her work with RedOne in favor of the non-event "Joanne".

DJWS produced her one hit- Applause.  Fernando gave her an ERA that lasted 2 whole years and got the world's attention. 

Gaga was always going to make Joanne, which is why she knew early on with RedOne that those songs wouldn't be used. She spoke to Mark in early 2015 about doing an album together.

Since DJWS seems like to be the main producer for LG6, I hope it will become a huge success and he will get the praise and credit he deserves

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Gaga was always going to make Joanne, which is why she knew early on with RedOne that those songs wouldn't be used. She spoke to Mark in early 2015 about doing an album together.

Conversation and thoughtful points are lost on that one, they're gonna believe that RedOne and Ferando are the only salvation to help Lady Gaga out of her "commercial and artistic crisis caused by her huge ego and surrounding herself with yes-men", even if you had leaked audio footage proving them otherwise. Lmao

Tokyo Rose
7 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

I really resent the idea that any producer is somehow critical to Gaga's success when she's the driving force behind everything. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is disposable except for the artist. What matters is who helps her achieve what she wants best and who has less ego. And by all accounts, including Gaga's own, those people have really only been DJWS and Mark Ronson.

I used to have the exact same way of thinking- "no matter what direction Gaga takes or who she brings on her team, I'm along for the ride 100%"

Even during ARTPOP, when the Gaga charade quickly started unraveling in a messy way, I stood my ground as a fan. 

But Joanne exposed a certain desperation in her, to steer or even police her public perception. I'm not a teenager anymore, so I'm not naive enough to be told how I'm allowed to respond to art. So I'm not compatible (as a fan) with who she is today. 

5 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

I used to have the exact same way of thinking- "no matter what direction Gaga takes or who she brings on her team, I'm along for the ride 100%"

Even during ARTPOP, when the Gaga charade quickly started unraveling in a messy way, I stood my ground as a fan. 

But Joanne exposed a certain desperation in her, to steer or even police her public perception. I'm not a teenager anymore, so I'm not naive enough to be told how I'm allowed to respond to art. So I'm not compatible (as a fan) with who she is today. 

Fernando Garibay is not a reliable producer. Get over it lmao :hor: DJWS is much better than him :toofunny:

PropaGaga
1 minute ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Well, she's a pop star. Marketing and PR is sort of part of the whole package and always has been. I've seen it from day one. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to support her. If she did something I didn't like or couldn't appreciate in some way then I wouldn't be here. Like, I wasn't all that here for Cheek to Cheek - I think it could have been a lot more inventive for a jazz album instead of a straightforward collection of covers that you could put on at home when visiting grandma. However, I understood its many purposes and let Gaga do her thing. I wasn't clamoring for her to run back to RedOne and Fernando to relive old glories. I wanted her to move forward and try something new, and she did just that with Joanne. Gaga isn't the sort of artist who can just stay in one place like so many fans seem to want her to do. She's not always going to do dance music or dress up or be "dark", and I find that more thrilling than anything anyone else could think of her to do.

FilthyPOP414
59 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Literally Judas is an instrumental from a royalty free/no copyright DJ sample CD lmfao

That's RedOne's fault, not Fernando's

FilthyPOP414
36 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

I agree. She's trying to hard to be a different artist, and she knows most of her fans aren't into country. Preach!

yes and
1 hour ago, PropaGaga said:

Let me also add that DJWS has never been accused of ripping off songs from other artists, at least as far as I'm aware. Meanwhile Fernando (and RedOne) rehash their productions all over the place and are involved in lawsuits for plagiarism.

Really? 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

PropaGaga
6 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

Really? 

You realize that’s a common sound for that genre, right? Have you ever heard the Drive soundtrack or anything by Glass Candy? Even “Hold On” by Drake had a similar sound, and several songs that followed it and DWUW.

Gaga Lazuli
6 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

Really? 

Didn’t Gaga bought the song or the rights  to use it? I remember seeing it somewhere after everyone was sayin DWUW was similar to this song. 

Little Monsters Torture Me

1 hour ago, Tokyo Rose said:

With DJWS's "ARTPOP", most songs are just premade beats that had NOTHING to do with Gaga until she bought them!!

At least Fernando's "Born This Way" era featured actual GAGA song written by and for GAGA. 

Yep. 

Unfortunately, yes. And it sucks because it usually means someone is walking away with less money than they rightfully deserve.

The way ARTPOP turned out had nothing to do with DJWS. Gaga herself said she just wasn't inspired and didn't want to sit at the piano because it upset her. Also you speak as if every song on the album was sitting around on some producer's laptop and given to her. The bulk of the album is still done from scratch by her and DJWS.

That’s not what she said. She had an interview during the beginning of the Joanne era where she talked about how she makes an album, and she specifically said how she struggled with ARTPOP due to the fact all of her other albums and songs were written first, and then the production began, whereas with ARTPOP, it was all stuff that was sent to her and she had to write lyrics over. I remember that interview for a fact. 

1 hour ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Lest you forget the good brother Electric Chapel. Not a hit but I love it. 

Gaga has been non stop accused of ripping of everything from fashion, music, production, videos, you name it, from the beginning of her career, and the only time that happened was when she was a big act. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but no one accused her of ripping off anything during ARTPOP, especially Joanne (sound wise). I wouldn’t use lawsuits as an arguing point simply because of that. No ones gonna accuse anyone of ripping **** off if it’s not even popular in the first place. 

48 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

That’s sad to hear, and I understand on some points, but for me personally, I didn’t buy the “persona” she gave off from day one. I don’t mean that in a negative way, at all, I mean that in regards to **** she would say, like about always wearing heels, not caring about money, etc. So I can’t say her caring what the public thinks of her is surprising. 

Maybe I’m confused by the last thing you said, but has she even pushed “art” this era? I feel like it was branded as just “pure musicianship”. Don’t get me wrong, when PI was released, I completely checked out until the Super Bowl, and that just reignited everything for me, but yeah, Joanne is my least favorite album of hers. I don’t think it’s bad, I just don’t oarticularly find the sound nor imagery from it particularly engaging in the same way her other stuff was. 

But I can’t check out as a fan again cuz I love ha!

11 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

You realize that’s a common sound for that genre, right? Have you ever heard the Drive soundtrack or anything by Glass Candy? Even “Hold On” by Drake had a similar sound, and several songs that followed it and DWUW.

I’m laying in bed right now so I’ll have to listen to that in the morning, bc my drive tattoo just tingled when I read that lol

Also, I believe Glass Candy is the title of the song itself, not the artist. The artist is Cliff Martinez. 

Archived