💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

DJWS/Garibay Plagarism Question...?

DrKindnessKunt1999

Featured Posts

DrKindnessKunt1999

What's the TEA about Fernando Garibay taking credit from DJ White Shadow's work? I keep seeing people mention it on GGD and twitter. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

I think he tweeted about it once or alluded to the fact that songs like GH and Bloody Mary had minimal to no input from Garibay but they gave him credit anyway cuzz he had more "clout". At least that's what I remember was the implication :emma:

Who knows

PropaGaga
Just now, Steve Nasty said:

I think he tweeted about it once or alluded to the fact that songs like GH and Bloody Mary had minimal to no input from Garibay but they gave him credit anyway cuzz he had more "clout". At least that's what I remember was the implication :emma:

Who knows

Pretty much that, and not just those songs from what I remember. He said he was so fresh to the industry back then that he didn't realize when he was being taken advantage of. And I believe he said Fernando had zero input on those songs.

PropaGaga
7 minutes ago, Miel said:

Y'all better spill more tea, I'm so curious now

Not much we know other than that. It was last year I think when a fan was tweeting about "Bloody Mary" and "Government Hooker" and how thankful they were for Fernando for working on them, and Paul quoted the tweet and added that Fernando had nothing to do with them. He alluded to other songs as well and said he had been taken advantage of because he was so new to the industry then and didn't know any better. He then said he wasn't going to talk about it anymore.

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Pretty much that, and not just those songs from what I remember. He said he was so fresh to the industry back then that he didn't realize when he was being taken advantage of. And I believe he said Fernando had zero input on those songs.

Same goes to The Edge of Glory

14 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Who knows

This sums it up!

Tokyo Rose

With DJWS's "ARTPOP", most songs are just premade beats that had NOTHING to do with Gaga until she bought them!!

At least Fernando's "Born This Way" era featured actual GAGA song written by and for GAGA. 

14 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

That's really interesting. Why would he get a credit if he had zero input, just because he's a bigger name? Is that a common occurrence in the music business? :huh:

PropaGaga
Just now, modern ecstasy said:

That's really interesting. Why would he get a credit if he had zero input, just because he's a bigger name? Is that a common occurrence in the music business? :huh:

Unfortunately, yes. And it sucks because it usually means someone is walking away with less money than they rightfully deserve.

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

With DJWS's "ARTPOP", most songs are just premade beats that had NOTHING to do with Gaga until she bought them!!

At least Fernando's "Born This Way" era featured actual GAGA song written by and for GAGA. 

The way ARTPOP turned out had nothing to do with DJWS. Gaga herself said she just wasn't inspired and didn't want to sit at the piano because it upset her. Also you speak as if every song on the album was sitting around on some producer's laptop and given to her. The bulk of the album is still done from scratch by her and DJWS.

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Literally Judas is an instrumental from a royalty free/no copyright DJ sample CD lmfao

3 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

That's the standard in every business. Interns at newspapers get no credit for the articles they have written (they're essentially ghostwriters), aspiring scientists rarely get credit for any thesis/essays they put out (their mentors get credit), Make-Up artists get no credit for the make up they have done (the head of the make up department does).

Happened to Gaga too during The Fame when she was involved in the production for a lot of her songs, but only got a "co-production" credit for Paparazzi.

Tokyo Rose

Fernando always highlighted Gaga's strengths in a way she hasn't been able to recreate with other producers. 

There's a strong possibility he got rich enough from BTW and just doesn't care to get involved in her mess anymore. 

If she brings DJWS back for next album, I guarantee it will suffer from ARTPOP's hollow, half-baked sound and flop.

Tokyo Rose
Just now, Supersonic said:

Literally Judas is an instrumental from a royalty free/no copyright DJ sample CD lmfao

Then prove it

PropaGaga
Just now, Tokyo Rose said:

Fernando always highlighted Gaga's strengths in a way she hasn't been able to recreate with other producers. 

There's a strong possibility he got rich enough from BTW and just doesn't care to get involved in her mess anymore. 

If she brings DJWS back for next album, I guarantee it will suffer from ARTPOP's hollow, half-baked sound and flop.

Actually Gaga kicked Fernando off ARTPOP, so he's definitely not avoiding her "mess". She's avoiding him.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Unfortunately, yes. And it sucks because it usually means someone is walking away with less money than they rightfully deserve.

The way ARTPOP turned out had nothing to do with DJWS. Gaga herself said she just wasn't inspired and didn't want to sit at the piano because it upset her. Also you speak as if every song on the album was sitting around on some producer's laptop and given to her. The bulk of the album is still done from scratch by her and DJWS.

And the beats in question are just Mary Jane Holland & Donatella anyway. Aura to a certain degree too, but they deviated so much from the original they went from, that I'm surprised that Infected Mushroom were credited as co-writers and producers anyway. Also, none of those songs were DJWS productions, they were Zedd's & Madeon's.

Archived