celeb

DJWS responds to RedOnesters and Garibaysters

gag

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

The one I deleted from the list :selena:

Oh! Ha, it took me a second.

Spoiler

You and me both, that is why I silently shaded it in bold when I posted it :toofunny:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

He didn't produce many of her "hits", but he did produce/co-produce many of my personal favorites of Gaga's. So I'm pleased to hear this. 

Lextyr97
12 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Joanne also had a gold lead that did a free fall almost immediately after it’s releae. MR needed the SB to even get noticed but that still didn’t help the music video’s views out. And stop kidding yourself with the tour bundle thing, P!nk would still outsell Joanne without the bundle. Meanwhile AP has two multi platinum singles and this was all during a time when her career was in a very bad place because of management and controversy. We stan Gaga but that doesn’t mean we have to lie to ourselves like that.

But that still doesn't belittle the fact that she still outsold her peers and had impact in addition to that. Gaga is still repairing her career and Joanne was literally the perfect step to take. It did not flop: It sold well, even if it needed Superbowl or whatever. Promo is promo. People have so much more respect for her now, she has expanded her fanbase, and made one of her best albums. She'll be back on top again, don't worry. But seriously, for today's standards, she did. Not. Flop. Example: Younger Now= Flop

35 minutes ago, tellemhone said:

But ARTPOP had great production

The only bad thing ARTPOP had was promotion and direction, the good sis would be a walking canvas in the morning, Aphrodite in the noon and crack teeth at night. 

LateToCult
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

But that still doesn't belittle the fact that she still outsold her peers and had impact in addition to that. Gaga is still repairing her career and Joanne was literally the perfect step to take. It did not flop: It sold well, even if it needed Superbowl or whatever. Promo is promo. People have so much more respect for her now, she has expanded her fanbase, and made one of her best albums. She'll be back on top again, don't worry. But seriously, for today's standards, she did. Not. Flop. Younger Now= Flop

I don’t understand this thing with y’all and saying we need to compare Joanne to her peers. Her peers would be Ed, BeyoncĂ©, Rihanna, Kendrick, and Katy (but that’s a whole different mess :ladyhaha:). Almost all of them produced incredibly successful albums that were either good at selling or good at streaming.

Unless you think we should be putting her on the level of Halsey, Miley, and Lana now

Just now, TylerBR97 said:

But that still doesn't belittle the fact that she still outsold her peers and had impact in addition to that. Gaga is still repairing her career and Joanne was literally the perfect step to take. It did not flop: It sold well, even if it needed Superbowl or whatever. Promo is promo. People have so much more respect for her now, she has expanded her fanbase, and made one of her best albums. She'll be back on top again, don't worry. But seriously, for today's standards, she did. Not. Flop. Younger Now= Flop

While it is always great to have your fave dominating commercially, is the music is fantastic, I could give two ****s if it sold 10,000 copies versus a million.

We should also take into account that public reception of her material and releases also relies on the right kind of promo, IN ADDITION to her image and performances.

Do we think that Million Reasons would have hit #4 had her performance sucked? Not likely.

Do we think that ARTPOP may have fired better had she had more refined fashion choices like earlier eras, and not bitched and complained publicly about what people were saying about her? Potentially.

If the focus is on commercial performance, we live in a day and age (especially with her and her track record), where you need a FULL package to ensure both commercial success and longevity. I think she was more or less  okay with reaction to Joanne. We know for a fact that she cares about charts and sales, and Perfect Illusion did nothing for her in that sense.  Without the Superbowl, Million Reason wasn't some smash hit, and her videos this era weren't anything to write home about (obviously there are those that disagree but I digress). 

I have said this time and time again, that LADY GAGA and her success with her first three albums was a combination of her and a killer ****ing team around her to assist her with honing her ideas. She is hella talented. She is fantastic singer. And she is an awesome person. But working with the right team behind her makes a big difference.

GRIMEZSZ
3 minutes ago, OracleMonster said:

He honestly hasn’t produced a single memorable Gaga hit :selena: 

OMG honey! he produced the last number #1 of Gaga in the hot 100!!:diane:

Anderson123

TELL THEM PAUL. I have more faith on DJWS than RedOne and Garibay. Sure they have made good tracks with Gaga but Paul is more versatile, plus I feel like he's more than a producer, he's a real friend to her. 

I kind of feel bad that they get to read all of those mean tweets like fans don't want him to work with Gaga but I think he's a nice guy and knows they are such trolls. 

45 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

What even? He is the most unoriginal producer Gaga ever worked with.. Express Yourself and The Cure are not new and different at all.. 

Ok, and RedOne just remaking Poker Face for every album is what you want?

Regina George
43 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Ok, and RedOne just remaking Poker Face for every album is what you want?

Gurl............. You saying Bad Romance is Poker Face 2.0 just cuz she is singing 'ra ra ra ra ra' is just......

RAMROD

LMAO that is cute :ladyhaha::applause:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

8 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Gurl............. You saying Bad Romance is Poker Face 2.0 just cuz she is singing 'ra ra ra ra ra' is just......

Point out to me where I said it has to do with the lyrics? Has, everything to do with the production.

Evan Peters

honestly, the hate ya'll send his way is bc you have your heads shoved up redone's basic ass still 

emma roberts is an abuser

Archived