đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Billboard Charts to Adjust Streaming Weighting in 2018 (no youtube in BB200

TheRoof

Featured Posts

TheRoof

Taken from ATRL:

Among the changes we implemented or seriously considered this year for our charts are (i) how to weigh paid vs. ad-supported and free streams, (ii) the weighting of programmed streams (on a service like Pandora), (iii) whether streams of YouTube official music videos should be included in the Billboard 200 albums chart, (iv) how to address the increase in, and uniqueness of, sales of music through direct-to-consumer offers, (v) whether to modify what’s allowable for concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption offers, and (vi) how to address the rise of promotions that incentivize consumer streaming.

In recognition of an evolving music market and the means that consumers engage with music, Billboard has decided to implement changes on how it incorporates streaming data into our charts.

Currently, Billboard has two defined types of streaming plays for the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart (and our other hybrid songs charts): on-demand (such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube) and programmed (such as Pandora and Slacker Radio), with on-demand having a greater weight. The Billboard 200 -- and our other consumption-ranked albums charts -- uses a single tier of only on-demand audio streams (paid or ad-supported) from subscriptions services. Video streams do not contribute to the Billboard 200’s calculations, but are incorporated into the Hot 100.

Beginning in 2018, plays occurring on paid subscription-based services (such as Amazon Music and Apple Music) or on the paid subscription tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported platforms (such as SoundCloud and Spotify) will be given more weight in chart calculations than those plays on pure ad-supported services (such as YouTube) or on the non-paid tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported services.

In 2018, Billboard will have multiple weighted tiers of streaming plays for the Hot 100, which take into account paid subscription streams, ad-supported streams, and programmed streams. Streaming, along with all-genre radio airplay and digital songs sales data, make up the three metrics of the Hot 100’s methodology.

The Billboard 200 will now include two tiers of on-demand audio streams: paid subscription audio streams and ad-supported audio streams. The chart will continue to not incorporate video streams. The Billboard 200 ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums, and streaming equivalent albums.

The shift to a multi-level streaming approach to Billboard’s chart methodology is a reflection of how music is now being consumed on streaming services, migrating from a pure on-demand experience to a more diverse selection of listening preferences (including playlists and radio), and the various options in which a consumer can access music based on their subscription commitment

Discuss

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheRoof
4 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

...so is Gaga in more danger than before or no??? :selena: 

lmao i know that's the only thing that matters :selena:.... basically paid streams like "Spotify Premium" will count more to the billboard hot 100 than streams for free acounts for example

and it seems that Youtube will not count in billboard hot 200 

16 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

The Billboard 200 ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums, and streaming equivalent albums.

Can someone explain this to me like I’m five

LADYGAGASHOOCK

Payola Payola Payola:classy:

I miss the old days when music was all about pushing the direction and making art, not who made the most. And why give Spotify so much power when the artist make so little out of it?

TheRoof
Just now, Doot said:

Can someone explain this to me like I’m five

i'm gonna give you an example of what is going to happen next year : if you stream a song in a Premium , paid account then it will give more point to that song in the billboard hot 100 than stream that song in a free account

Just now, MarlonBrando7 said:

i'm gonna give you an example of what is going to happen next year : if you stream a song in a Premium , paid account then it will give more point to that song in the billboard hot 100 than stream that song in a free account

What are track equivalent albums?

PanPikus

Finally a good change :golfclap:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

TheRoof
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

What are track equivalent albums?

A track equivalent album (TEA) is a term used to describe the sale of music downloads or singles. A track equivalent album is equal to 10 tracks, or 10 songs. TEAs became very important with the rise of the internet, as huge portions of music are now sold as single downloads rather than whole albums.

2 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

A track equivalent album (TEA) is a term used to describe the sale of music downloads or singles. A track equivalent album is equal to 10 tracks, or 10 songs. TEAs became very important with the rise of the internet, as huge portions of music are now sold as single downloads rather than whole albums.

So If a single song, let’s say Perfect Illusion, sells ten copies on iTunes, then it is considered one whole album sale?

sillynate
3 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

So if I streamed the first 10 songs on Joanne, it'd count as 1 album stream? :) I'm just as confused as @Doot :selena:

Just now, sillynate said:

So if I streamed the first 10 songs on Joanne, it'd count as 1 album stream? :) I'm just as confused as @Doot :selena:

Yeah it confuses me so much 

Archived