Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Val Garland talks doing Gaga's make-up for the Alejandro video

PSYCHOSHTICK

Featured Posts

PSYCHOSHTICK

Very interesting video from 2014 where legendary make-up artist Val Garland talks with legendary photographer Nick Knight (:pray:) about doing Gaga's make-up on set of the Alejandro video. 

Very interesting to hear how things wend. I also remember Gaga saying in a certain interview where she was partying in Berlin in march 2010 (the days Scheiße was recorded) that she just shot the video. She showed some pics of her Joanne of Arc (:creepflop: see what I did there) hairstyle to the interviewer on her Blackberry while being in the Laboratory Club and said that she wasn't really sure about her hair. Very interesting to hear in this interview with Val that she was having mixed feelings on set about the hair as well.

At 04:08:

http://showstudio.com/project/transformative/val_garland_for_alejandro_by_lady_gaga_and_steven_klein

Spoiler

Sorry if it was already posted

rumours

However, the video turned out amazing. 

She probably bowed down to pray to try and make the worst seem better 

giphy.gif

CautiousLurker

Yaaaaas, I'm glad they went in the direction they did - Gaga looked amazing and Alejandro is my favourite video of hers still :tony:

It was also interesting to hear that there was some spontaneity when making that video - Gaga didn't know what her look was going to be, and neither did Klein, they just trusted Val with her vision which is nice - it's fair to her as an artist...

Archived