💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Best political Gaga song?

JazzGa

Best political Gaga song?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What is Gaga's best political song?

• Born this Way
    • Americano
    • PARTYNAUSEOUS
    • Aura/Burqa
    • Till It Happens To You
    • Angel Down
    • Come to Mama
    • Scheisse
    • Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
    • World Family Tree

Featured Posts

JazzGa

Ever since the release of Born This Way, Gaga has not been shy about getting political (Sometimes metaphorically, sometimes hamfistedly). Her political messages have refined over time, beginning with the imagery-filled, schizophrenic romps of Americano, and songs like Government Hooker and Scheisse that brush against a vague political notion but mostly exist as a means to deliver that hammering, earth-shattering beat. Later in her career, tracks like Till It Happens to You and Angel Down drive home a very specific political message, and remain some of her most emotionally poignant work.

Which political song by Gaga do you think conveys its message most effectively? Which is your fave just because it bops the hardest? Do you like when Gaga's songwriting gets political, or do you prefer it more personal?  Are there any songs on the list that you would not consider political, or any tracks you think I should have included?

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

TIHTY and Angel Down, but I went with Angel Down since it seemed more political. While rape is a political issue, police brutality and the themes on Angel Down are much more political and stronger. 

Tom Nook

She performed Born This Way in Texas, I hope the conservative asshats were pressed when she sang “No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life, I'm on the right track baby. I was born to survive.” :whitney:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

JazzGa
Just now, slayo said:

What is Highway Unicorn about exactly?

Good question. I dont think anyone knows for sure. She says "She don't care if your papers or your love is the law" which references gay marriage so I considered it political based on that :laughga: 

JazzGa
3 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Allow me to choose multiple songs, b****.

Excuse u! Rude to call me such

ApplauseftAdele
18 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Good question. I dont think anyone knows for sure. She says "She don't care if your papers or your love is the law" which references gay marriage so I considered it political based on that :laughga: 

20 minutes ago, slayo said:

The chorus basically says "we can be strong, follow that lonely road on the road to love" basically it's about fighting for love equality even if we are outnumbered

ApplauseftAdele

Does Hair count?

anyways my opinion has to be come To Mama, the statements conveyed in the metaphors are done so well.

"Well I say rainbows did more than they've ever done"

"There's gonna be no future if we don't figure this out" 

tellemhone
52 minutes ago, slayo said:

"She's got a rainbow syrup in her heart that she bleeds" possibly something and a gay marriage reference in there too

:air: :air: :air:

Archived