Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey sang about Harvey Weinstein in 2012

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

SMILE2NE1

Lana Del Rey’s 2012 track “Cola” about older men is about Harvey Weinstein, sources tell us. “Cola” features the lyrics: “I got a taste for men who are older. It’s always been, so it’s no surprise,” and was originally followed by the line, “Harvey’s in the sky with diamonds and he’s making me crazy. All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby.

Plus, “I know your wife, and she wouldn’t mind.”

We’re told the song is ironic. (She wasn’t into Weinstein at all.)

An entertainment-industry source tells Page Six that Del Rey wrote the track after Weinstein pursued her — but “she rebuffed him, she had a boyfriend.”

But when Weinstein heard about the lyrics to the song, and his first name was included, one source said, “Harvey went bananas and insisted Del Rey change the lyrics, which she did, removing Harvey’s name, so the line now goes, “Ah he’s in the sky with diamonds and he’s making me crazy.”

Weinstein later got Del Rey to do a song for his 2014 movie “Big Eyes.”

Reps for Del Rey didn’t respond to numerous requests for comment and Weinstein’s spokesperson didn’t get back to us.

SOURCE

Have a listen:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it was always Harvey's in the sky, this is how I sang it since day 1..:oprah:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

crackpoppodcast

I’ve always heard it as Harvey’s and still do..? Maybe she changed it in the booklets or something but the song still says Harvey

2 minutes ago, Jed said:

https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-cola-lyrics

It's actually Ah, He's in the sky not harveys in the sky, which was news to me but it's in the official booklet apparently

3 minutes ago, tthen said:

They address this in the article. Harvey heard the song and insisted she change the lyrics. 

Just now, Melodrama said:

They address this in the article. Harvey heard the song and insisted she change the lyrics. 

according to, ahem, page six

4 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

I was just about to post this, thank you! 

I never thought that I'd be using "my *** tastes like pepsi cola" as a defense :toofunny:

2 minutes ago, Jed said:

according to, ahem, page six

Not saying it's true. Just saying you should read the article before you comment on it

Just now, Melodrama said:

Not saying it's true. Just saying you should read the article before you comment on it

actually by creating the title of the thread and reposting it you are further spreading it and further confirming it's "truth"

Archived